• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    I really want to avoid trading unless it gets really desperate. Even so, you could go to the trade center for that. [/cop out] Anyway, here are the locations of the Pokemon you're missing:
    46: Wormadam (Trainer on Route 214)
    53: Combee (Trainer on Route 208)
    65: Drifloon (Hearthome Gym Trainer... Yeah, you're going to have to trade if you want it today)
    80: Barboach (Trainer on Route 212)
    114: Unown (Solaceon Ruins; East of Solaceon Town)
    115: Riolu (Hatch the egg you got from Riley or Battle the trainer in the basement of Oreburgh Gate)
    134: Finneon (Trainer on Route 223)
    135: Lumineon (Trainer on Route 223)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There is no best spot. The spots are just to decide which pokemon you can chain for, they don't change the difficulty.

In addition to this, try not to chain near the Snowpoint Area or anywhere where it is hard to fine the glittering grass. Those areas can break your chain easy as if a glittering glass shines and you can not see it too clearly, it'll break your chain quickly.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Does anyone have a list of all the accessories the man in Amity Square (in Platinum) can give you?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2009
    Pokemon judge at the battle tower?

What is that pokemon judge at the battle tower for?

I always go to him to see if My pokemons are good.

can you trust him?

because he said a naughty gallade was a great.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does anyone have a list of all the accessories the man in Amity Square (in Platinum) can give you?

If you are talking about all the accessories the pokémon you are walking can give you, here is a quick link. Click Here
    Those are a list of all the accessories you can get. Some of the accessories listed there are not obtainable through the pokémon for Amity Square though. Rather than getting them in Amity Square, you get some of them through people around the cities/towns or winning contests.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Quick Question.

Say you want to EV train an Eevee that you just hatched.
    Is there any way to get it to a high enough level so that it would be able to fight for EV's (i.e. gastley) without wasting any EV's that you dont want it to have? or do you just have to use the special berries once its at the level you want?

Years
    Well, there's Rare Candies and the Day Care. Or you could just start EV training from lv. 1 by having it at the head of the party and then switching it out.

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
    Ok, this one is very strange. I was playing Platinum, I was in the area you have to go through to get to Route 224. I was in a double battle and won, and one of the guys said something a long the lines of (this isn't the letters, but they were in this layout)

D M
    Y
    T W

Is my game glitched up? I hope not D:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok, this one is very strange. I was playing Platinum, I was in the area you have to go through to get to Route 224. I was in a double battle and won, and one of the guys said something a long the lines of (this isn't the letters, but they were in this layout)

D M
    Y
    T W

Is my game glitched up? I hope not D:

Have you ever used Action Replay on your game before? That could be a reason on why your game would do a glitch like that. Perhaps, that was what he was suppose to say though. Do you remember his exact words?

Some of these things I listed could be it, but I am not exactly sure. If you happen to find anymore glitches in the game, then there must be a problem. In my opinion, I would just let it past and if anything else glitchy happens then be concerned. However, you should do whatever floats your boat. I went through the double battles to go to Route 224 before and I've never experienced those format of words before so I would think something is wrong. If you have ever hacked your game that could be the most reasonable reason on why it 'glitched up' on you...

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    If you are talking about all the accessories the pokémon you are walking can give you, here is a quick link. Click Here
    Those are a list of all the accessories you can get. Some of the accessories listed there are not obtainable through the pokémon for Amity Square though. Rather than getting them in Amity Square, you get some of them through people around the cities/towns or winning contests.

No I meant that man in Amity who randomly gives you an accessory or berry every day. I wanted a list of all the accessories he can give you.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    ...........How do I do that?
    Those are special occasions which Nintendo holds every now and then(mostly then...).
    The best ways of finding out if you can get a Nintendo Event, is to check either Serebii or the local Pokémon site(pokemon.se, pokemon.com, pokemon.co.uk, and several more...).
    You can also just check WiFi if you have it, just activate Mystery Gift by telling a man in Jubilife TV "Everyone Happy" and "Wifi Connection", then save your game and reset.
    On your title screen, just below New Game, there will be a choice named "Mystery Gift", choose that and click Receive by Wifi(or something similar), and if there are a Wifi event in your region, it will say that a Mystery Gift was detected, and will start downloading it(just a few KB, don't worry about network bills for millions :P).
    I've actually only been to one single event, pretty much the only event ever held in Gothenburg in Sweden, a Shaymin event for Diamond & Pearl, went there with my new Platinum, after my Pearl had been stolen, and discovered that you couldn't download it to Platinum...........

(...)
    65: Drifloon (Hearthome Gym Trainer... Yeah, you're going to have to trade if you want it today)
    (...)
    Or you could just set your DS internal clock to Friday, and around 12:00, then just go to Valley Windworks and catch/kill the drifloon that appears :)

Does anyone know when it spawns in Platinum? Daytime doesn't work for me at least "/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2009
    I'm starting over on Platium

I choose a fire starter this time(I usually just pick turtwig)

is their any advice you can give me, to have a better team?

should I choose shinx or starly as my second pokemon? I don't think Luxray can beat cyrus so I always choose jolteon just for him.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Luxray owns completely, Jolteon isn't in the same league!
    Luxray is incredibly slow, but his physical stats is way making up for it; he's a little like a Banette description i saw somewhere: He's not fast, but when he strikes, he strikes H-A-R-D!
    He can learn the awesome Charge + Spark combo, and also Crunch and Strength, which makes him quite deadly.

Personally, i would choose a Crobat before a Staraptor, but that's your own opinion.
    If you don't want Luxray, i would recommend a Rotom, as it is obtainable before the National Dex in Platinum, and has been a stable member of all of my Platinum teams.
    If teamed up with a Ground-type/Electivire with Earthquake, while having Discharge, it can be quite a deadly combo.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Luxray is incredibly slow, but his physical stats is way making up for it; he's a little like a Banette description i saw somewhere: He's not fast, but when he strikes, he strikes H-A-R-D!
    He can learn the awesome Charge + Spark combo, and also Crunch and Strength, which makes him quite deadly.

Personally, i would choose a Crobat before a Staraptor, but that's your own opinion.
    If you don't want Luxray, i would recommend a Rotom, as it is obtainable before the National Dex in Platinum, and has been a stable member of all of my Platinum teams.
    If teamed up with a Ground-type/Electivire with Earthquake, while having Discharge, it can be quite a deadly combo.

This is terrible advice. Jolteon>>>Luxray in every way

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    That's not true. People have did the Shaymin event by cheating in some way. Cause the Nintendo event way is only in Japan.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I choose a fire starter this time(I usually just pick turtwig)

is their any advice you can give me, to have a better team?

should I choose shinx or starly as my second pokemon? I don't think Luxray can beat cyrus so I always choose jolteon just for him.

This is terrible advice. Jolteon>>>Luxray in every way

It is really your opinion on a pokémon. As for which pokémon you should choose, it is really your choice. I guess you can just pick your favorites and go as any team can work.

Back