• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Does it make a difference which ability a Rhydon has in order to make a Rhyperior get the Solid Rock ability?
    Yes, it does.
    I think it's Rock Head Rhydons' that will be Solid Rock Rhyperiors, but i'm not entirely sure... Rhyperior can't have Rock Head, but can have Lightningrod, Rhydon's other ability "/
    I'm ~80% sure it's Rock Head that becomes Solid Rock.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    In the GTS when selecting a Pokemon, when you can't find the name of the Pokemon you want that means no one is offering up right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    In the GTS when selecting a Pokemon, when you can't find the name of the Pokemon you want that means no one is offering up right?
    no, GTS only allows you to search for pokemon that have been registered as ¨seen¨ in the pokedex. so if youre trying to look for, lets say Charmander, and your pokedex doesnt have it, you cant get it on GTS

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    GTS Trade - Japanesse? Help?

Hey, sorry if this has been said before but I have had a look. Sorry if its the wronf forum too but I figured its more for here as its after the trade has happened.

I have silver and have so far breed my piplup a few times and traded on the GTS. First trade took a few days but went fine, got myself a nice turtwig, I think thats what its called. Grass started! Then I wanted a Chimcharr so I put another piplup up for chimcharr, have just received the trade but its from someone from Japan I think and the name is Japanesse. Is there anyway to fix this? Don't really want it to be in a different language, not that it matter much will just do my head in lol. Or will it change when it evolves or do you need to do something? I'm guessing I will end up giving a nickname but I hate doing that seeing as it sticks all through the game :(

Thanks.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    You can't change the nickname of any traded Pokémon. It would be best to breed from it and nickname the resulting babies.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    no, GTS only allows you to search for pokemon that have been registered as ¨seen¨ in the pokedex. so if youre trying to look for, lets say Charmander, and your pokedex doesnt have it, you cant get it on GTS

Ah, I get it now

Thx

now how am I gonna see a Ho-oh? lol .............*sigh*

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Thats a bummer! What about when it evolves?

Whats good about foreign pokemon out of interest?

Thanks again :)

Camisado

Years
    No, you still can't nickname it when it evolves.

Also, the only special thing about foreign ones are the names, I guess. They're completely normal and unremarkable otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    No, you still can't nickname it when it evolves.

Sorry, I ment when it evolves will it keep its foreign name or change to English version?

It's cool though I can live with it :) Going to make it a permanent member of my team, I'm starting to think it is cool though, will be able to battle my mates on DP and how them how "cool" I am with a foreign pokemon lol.

Camisado

Years
    Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding xD

I'm not actually sure about that question o.o but...as we speak my boyfriend is testing it out with his copy of Diamond xD

They certainly do have the novelty factor though!

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
    I got a quick question, I need your opinion on whether or not I got a hacked poke cuz well I find it hard to believe someone would just give me a shiny deoxys over the gts.

shiny deoxys
    OT:Brendan
    ID ot:00000

lvl100
    the following stats are taken from it's attack form
    hp/304
    attack/356
    defence/76
    sp.atk/504
    sp.def/77
    speed/336

as you can see the stats are normal except for a maxed out sp.atk so idk it might be hacked it might not be. what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Training for the Elite 4

So I finally made it to the Elite 4, but all my pokemon are only around level 50.

Where is the best place to train my pokemon? Right now I train at victory road but I have a feeling there is a better place..

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Not anywhere that you can go to before you actually beat them unfortunately. Train a little bit more and then try taking them on. My pokemon were also underleveled when I took on the Elite 4 but I managed to scrap my way out with a crap load of revives and full restores.

Back