• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    EV question.

The poke I want to train is baby and too weak to fight. Tell me if the following scenario works the way I think it does.

Typholsion, who is already fully EV trained won't earn any new points. I give him the power item and he leads the party.
    Tyrogue, who is level 1 is infected with pokerus and holding the Exp Share. When Typhlo kills the bidoof, both get experience. Does Tyrogue still get 10 EV's?

or

Does Tyrogue need to be sent out first and then switched to get all his EV's?

Thanks.
    As long as Typhlosion has gained 255 (not 252) EV's then Tyrouge will get the full 10 points.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Hey Guys,
    Just a quick one, but is it possible to trade pokemon between FireRed or LeafGreen to Platinum? I will be using a DS (for leafgreen etc) and a DSi (for platinum). Can this be done? Or is pal park my only option? I was hoping to be able to get a couple of my favourite pokemon from FR to play the game with from near the start.

Cheers Guys
    Alex

Ahhh... and a very very quick one... Where can i find a Hitmonlee/ Hitmonchan in platinum?

Thanks again guys

Alex

Last edited:

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Pal park is the only way to do that.

Question: If I trade pokemon away and they are traded back, as long as I'm the OT I can rename them correct?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Yes, but it won't work if you just have the same name, you need to have the same Trainer ID, Name and Secret ID.
    The chances of that happening is less than one on a million, so don't try...

Years
    You can't find Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan directly in Platinum, but you can catch a Tyrogue by using the Pokeradar on route 211 and then evolve it by training it to lv. 20. It will then evolve into Hitmonlee if its attack is higher than defense, Hitmonchan if defense is higher than attack, or Hitmontop if attack and defense are equal.

If you're the OT, than yes.

@ groudonlover: So what if the chances are 1 in 1,000,000?: Don't post in it.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    I have a question about the move Return and Frustation.
    If my pokemon have 0 happiness with me,
    In a WI-FI battle, is it happiness will be max out, or it will stay the same as in the game.

Years
    I have a question about the move Return and Frustation.
    If my pokemon have 0 happiness with me,
    In a WI-FI battle, is it happiness will be max out, or it will stay the same as in the game.
    Pretty sure it will stay the same as it is in the game
    Question; where is the guy in Platinum who tells you what hidden power your pokémon has?

Thanks! Ozy

Veilstone ciy. Namely the Game Corner's Prize Exchange.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    In Pokemon Diamond do the Elite Four's levels increase after you beat them? If so how much? Please reply in a VM/PM ^^.

-regrets starting a new game on Diamond instead of Platinum-

No. The other guy is wrong, i beat them 50 times and they didn't level up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Ok, i have been told Pal Park is my only option to get my pokemon from fire red to platinum on my DSi, and one post earlier i have been told i can trade them between to two? Which is it!!!!
    Can i trade pokemon from my FireRed onto Platinum? I have FR in a DS, and Platinum in the DSi... i would try it but im currently in afghan, so need to know if its worth gettting a DS for.

Cheers Guys.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok, i have been told Pal Park is my only option to get my pokemon from fire red to platinum on my DSi, and one post earlier i have been told i can trade them between to two? Which is it!!!!
    Can i trade pokemon from my FireRed onto Platinum? I have FR in a DS, and Platinum in the DSi... i would try it but im currently in afghan, so need to know if its worth gettting a DS for.

Cheers Guys.

No, you cannot trade FireRed pokémon into your Platinum game on the DSi. The only way you can trade pokémon from FireRed to your Platinum game is through Pal Park on the DS. The reason for this is because the DSi does not have a GameBoy Slot whilst the DS does, and in order to Pal Park your pokémon from FireRed to Platinum is to have your FireRed game inserted into a DS and your Platinum inserted in that same DS in the DS slot. That way you'll see the option to Migrate your Pokémon once you go to the Start Menu in Pokémon Platinum.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Can't anyone add this to the FAQ?
    It's getting a bit annoying that people ask how you PalPark on a DSi...
    It's more of using your common sense, to be honest. You need a GBA alot for Pal Park and you know that the new DSi doesn't come with one. Put 2+2 together and you should see that Pal Park is not possible on the DSi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I'm hardly lacking in common sense... All i wanted to know is can you trade pokemon from FR on a DS, to Platinum on the DSi. I know its obvious i cant pal park on a DSi... I have a DS at home i can use if i can trade.
    Is it worth getting Diamond or Pearl if i have Platinum already?

Cheers
    Alex

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I'm hardly lacking in common sense... All i wanted to know is can you trade pokemon from FR on a DS, to Platinum on the DSi. I know its obvious i cant pal park on a DSi... I have a DS at home i can use if i can trade.

Cheers
    Alex

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    If you want Murkrow and Misdreavus(with evolutions) it's worth it, otherwise, no.
    If you have WiFi you can trade for them anyways... Platinum is generally better at every point

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Righto. No problems... Im still lacking an answer though.. i know i do the pal park thing with my DS... but what i really hope i can do is trade from FR on the DS wirelessly to Platinum on my DSi. Im almost certainly missing that answer... so forgive me for asking again.
    Damn i hate the new generation of pokemon. I badly want to be able to use the orginal pokemon from Firered from the start of my game, so i really need to be able to trade. Is there a cheat i can do to get a couple of my pokemon onto platinum from the start (or at least very early) of my game?

Cheers
    Alex

Cheers
    Alex

Last edited:
    Back