• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    If you have access to an AR, you can re-create your Pokémons using it, use Pokésav to generate an AR code for you!
    Otherwise you could PalPark your old FR Pokés into a G4 Game then trade them over to your restarted Platinum, and you can do without cheats :D

groudonlover

Years
    the IVs are a series of random bytes that are set when you capture a Pokémon, there are no way of setting it yourself, so you just have to hope it evolves into the right thing...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, i was trying to trade over wi-fi with BlackTux007. Yet for some reason after i swapped an eevee for an event Suicune, i couldn't trade for anything else, like a Jirachi or a Celebi, it kept saying "the trade has been cancelled", yet all the time he was saying "the eevees are fine".

Then after about 5 mins of having clicked quit, it still said waiting for friend to finish, yet after 1 min blacktux had disconnected then logged on again and was looking for me. Anyone know what's wrong??? Coz if it's a faulty platinum cartridge, i really need to know, so i can get rid of it, and transfer my pokes onto diamond.

And anyways, it shouldn't be too bad, they evolve around lv.7

and unless it's worse since emerald, if i caught an even number of wurmples, half would be silcoon, half cascoon, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get the right ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Righto. No problems... Im still lacking an answer though.. i know i do the pal park thing with my DS... but what i really hope i can do is trade from FR on the DS wirelessly to Platinum on my DSi. Im almost certainly missing that answer... so forgive me for asking again.
    Damn i hate the new generation of pokemon. I badly want to be able to use the orginal pokemon from Firered from the start of my game, so i really need to be able to trade. Is there a cheat i can do to get a couple of my pokemon onto platinum from the start (or at least very early) of my game?

Cheers
    Alex

I'm hardly lacking in common sense... All i wanted to know is can you trade pokemon from FR on a DS, to Platinum on the DSi. I know its obvious i cant pal park on a DSi... I have a DS at home i can use if i can trade.
    Is it worth getting Diamond or Pearl if i have Platinum already?

Cheers
    Alex
    Simply trade from FR to your normal DS using Pal Park and then trade it over to Platinum. You'll have to have Diamond or Pearl to pull this off as well. You don't really need Diamond or Pearl if you have Platinum, but It's a good this to have if you have the spare cash.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    EV Training a Pupitar

Level 33
    99 HP
    64 Atk
    88 Def
    46 Sp. Atk
    64 Sp. Def
    48 Spd
    Ability is Shed Skin, it is male, and nature is Impish.

This is my first time EV training a Pokemon. Am I doing good so far?

Years
    Maybe because it would interfere with how the Pokeradar works? I don't think anybody can really give a correct answer as to why except for those guys at Gamefreak themselves.

groudonlover

Years
    Anyways it was only in Generation III you could cut the grass, i guess it would make it too easy to get to places if you could completely negate wild encounters like that...

I once spent half an hour cutting every patch on Route 120 :D

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I hate EV training, but I'm doing it anyway to EV train my Gengar. I know that vitamins can help EV train Pokemon and certain vitamins help certain stats, but I was wondering how do I use them to help my Gengar?

Back