• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    If you have a wireless internet connection, then from the "Continue" screen, choose "Nintendo WFC settings" and set it up. Then, after you beat the first Gym, you can go down to the basement of the Pokemon Center where you get an item called the Pal Pad. You can also connect to Nintendo Wi-fi Connection and get your friend code there. Also, you can now use the GTS since you already have a badge.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The DSi only supports WPA with compatible games, too; D/P/Pt are stuck with WEP.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    can someone help me as to how to set up my wifi connection. i put in all the numbers in but it won't connect me. i checked to see if my wireless router would work for wifi, and i'm 90% sure it is [i have a d-link router]. i don't know if i'm entering in the wrong numbers in the wrong place or something - it's all too confusing. any tutorials online or videos or something would really be great.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Yo guys... I just defeated the Pokemon league. Now im at a loss. What can i do now? I dont want to go into the battle arena just yet as im not strong enough. Is there anywhere i can level up?
    Also, im fed up of trying to catch Mesprit lol. i will get him at some other point.
    Sorry for all the questions, my internet connection here is very slow, as im currently out in afghan. This forum loads fairly quickly though :)
    So.... last couple of questions... Where is the Pal Park? Where can i find Articuno and Zapdos (if at all) ? and im guessing Dialga and Palkia are not on Pokemon Platinum? Is Manaphy avaiable to catch? Is mewtwo in the game anywhere to catch? Where can i find an evee? What about Magmar?
    lol, again sorry, if anyone can help me i would be very grateful.

Thanks guys,
    Alex

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    PalPark is reached by going down from Sandgem Town and following that path
    Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres is obtainable by getting the National Pokedex(see all Pokémons in the regular Pokédex) in Platinum only, they Roam so you'll have a pain to catch them...
    Dialga and Palkia is obtained by going back to Mt. Coronet, there where it's a Waterfall, scale it and pick up the orbs up there(the Lustrous and Platinum orbs), then proceed to Spear Pillar and catch them.
    Mewtwo and Manaphy can't be caught, but Eevee can be caught in Trophy Garden after National Pokedex, and obtained once from Bebe in Hearthome.
    Magby can be caught at Mt. Stark, after National Pokédex with Fire Red in Slot 2, Magmar can't.

Years
    I think Magmars can be caught in the Fuego Ironworks.

EDIT: I have two questions now.

A) How long does it generally take to fully EV Train a team and get items for each at the battle frontier?

B) I have Dialga and Palkia's orbs but their portals dont appear, what do I need to do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Hi guys. Thanks a lot for the replies. They really helped.
    However, i realise i need to see all 210 pokemon, and i only have 205!!! its very annoying.
    So, can you guys help? Im missing the following :
    #152-Rotom. I have been told he is in the TV after 8pm at the haunted mansion.
    #093-Sudowood. I cant find this anywhere. Help Please???!!
    #170-Glaceon. Cant find this one either.
    #190-Dusclops. Same deal lol
    #146-Uxie... actually i know where he is lol.

Guys, if you can be any help i would be most grateful. I'm pulling my hair out here!!

Thanks a lot
    Alex

Years
    You are correct about Rotom.

One of the trainers on the snowy side of Mt.Coronet will have one, Route 216 I think it is. You might find a Glaceon there too.

You can see Sudowoodos on Route 221. D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Fantastic!! Thnks a lot. I only need Rotom now. So will have to wait a while....
    Is there more than one Master Ball in the game? If so... where do i find another??

Alex

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Fantastic!! Thnks a lot. I only need Rotom now. So will have to wait a while....
    Is there more than one Master Ball in the game? If so... where do i find another??

Alex

You can obtain another Master Ball by getting your Trainer ID number to match the number the lady calls out by all. The Lottery is in Jubilife City in the TV Station.
    Though it is difficult to get that Master Ball and another way you can obtain another Master Ball is to trade with a friend [if you have Wi-fi] or clone your Master Ball in the GTS. However, cloning there is not a really a safe way to clone like in Pokémon Emerald so you'd have to be careful.

Years
    A) How long does it generally take to fully EV Train a team and get items for each at the battle frontier?

B) I have Dialga and Palkia's orbs but their portals dont appear, what do I need to do?

A) Depending on whether you IV breed or not and your method of EV training (whether or not you have/use Pokerus, power items, and/or macho brace), it could take from a few days to a couple of months.

B) Did you talk to the Elder at Celestic Town after beating the Elite Four (and Champion)?

@Simmo0916

Glaceon can be found with a trainer on Route 217, Dusclops and Sudowoodo are with trainers on Route 217, Rotom you already know, and Uxie... well yeah.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Okay, i'll make a tut myself:
    First, boot up the game.
    Instead of choosing Continue, choose NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS
    Click Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings then Connection 1(or some other number if you already have one saved on slot 1)
    Choose Search for an Access Point and wait a while and then choose the name of your AP in the list(if it doesn't have a Green Lock beside the name, it's misconfigured)
    You actually then only have to change the WEP Key field with the password to the AP.

Note that the DS does not support APs with a Login Page such as the Mc Donalds APs and my nearest library...

ReignOfComputer

~éXtRéMé HaXoR~
    Years
    Just wondering. Does anyone know the 46h and 47h Hex Values for the WORLD09 Weavile? And does anyone know if the IVs for the E-Reader Pokemon are static (same)?

Years
    A) Depending on whether you IV breed or not and your method of EV training (whether or not you have/use Pokerus, power items, and/or macho brace), it could take from a few days to a couple of months.

B) Did you talk to the Elder at Celestic Town after beating the Elite Four (and Champion)?

@Simmo0916

Glaceon can be found with a trainer on Route 217, Dusclops and Sudowoodo are with trainers on Route 217, Rotom you already know, and Uxie... well yeah.

A) I kind of meant in playing time. Assuming I have Pokerus and a Macho Brace

B) Thanks.

Another question,

I've got a Golbat on Level 60 and I've used like 10 Carbos on him and he still doesnt beat the legendary birds in speed. What kind of level does he need raising to?

Back