• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    is this a hack?

i just got a SHINY mew and was wondering if it might be hacked

mew lvl 100
    mild
    arrived from hoenn at lvl 100
    ot: noah

im pretty sure theres no english faraway island event so i think that it isnt available shiny or with an OT of Noah...

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Battling the Elite Four and (in Platinum) the Battleground with the Gym Leader rematches. It's tedious, but sadly, that's the best places for level grinding on the way to 100...

in the battle zone battle the trainers their pokemons are 50-65 level so it´s a good place too besides the e4

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i just got a SHINY mew and was wondering if it might be hacked
    mew lvl 100
    mild
    arrived from hoenn at lvl 100
    ot: noah

im pretty sure theres no english faraway island event so i think that it isnt available shiny or with an OT of Noah...

I'm not quite sure if it is defined to be hacked or not, but this thread [CLICK HERE] should be able to help you. There's many different links you could read through to see if your Mew is hacked or not and there is an Events Update link provided for you over there and if it's not in there, it probably is hacked. However, if it isn't on there and you do get to find out it isn't hacked, you could PM a H-Staff to update the list.
    Hope this helps you...

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm trying to evolve Feebas and I gave it lots of dry poffin but whenever I level it up, it won't evolve and now it won't eat any more poffin. Will I still be able to evolve that Feebas or will I have to get another one?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    I'm trying to evolve Feebas and I gave it lots of dry poffin but whenever I level it up, it won't evolve and now it won't eat any more poffin. Will I still be able to evolve that Feebas or will I have to get another one?

you will have to get another one and try to use better berys like pamtree berrys for your poffins or if you play platinum you can buy poffins to use on your feebas

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    you will have to get another one and try to use better berys like pamtree berrys for your poffins or if you play platinum you can buy poffins to use on your feebas
    Ok thanks. But I could also get a Milotic from the GTS if I can.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    I have been trying to find a shiny pokemon for a day now and I can only get the chain up to 15 how am I suppose to get it up higher

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Hey guys, i have this doubt for quite a while, if Battle Frontier makes all your pokémon lvl 50 when you go to battle, do you think it's a good idea to level your pokémon to lvl 100 like in Pokémon emerald? Yes? Why? No? Why not?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey guys, i have this doubt for quite a while, if Battle Frontier makes all your pokémon lvl 50 when you go to battle, do you think it's a good idea to level your pokémon to lvl 100 like in Pokémon emerald? Yes? Why? No? Why not?

yea because the higher the level the stronger the stats, the level might be different but the stats stay the same and also the learn stronger moves as we know

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    yea because the higher the level the stronger the stats, the level might be different but the stats stay the same and also the learn stronger moves as we know
    Phew, thanks. I love to level my pokémon to use them later while knowing how hard it was to make them so powerful, the game would lose its fun without that. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Phew, thanks. I love to level my pokémon to use them later while knowing how hard it was to make them so powerful, the game would lose its fun without that. Thank you.

yea no problem let me know if you have anymore questions

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Can someone give me a complete lists of attacks that Confuse your opponent, and a list that paralyze your opponent.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Move that confuse:
    Chatter, Confuse ray, Confusion, Dizzy Punch, Dynamic Punch, Flatter,
    Petal Dance, Psybeam, Rock Climb, Signal Beam, Supersonic, Swagger,
    Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Water Pulse

Paralyse:
    Body Slam, Bounce, Discharge, Dragonbreath, Force Palm, Glare, Lick,
    Spark, Stun Spore, Thunder, Thunder Fang, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch, Thundershock, Tri attack, Volt Tackle, Zap Canon

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Move that confuse:
    Chatter, Confuse ray, Confusion, Dizzy Punch, Dynamic Punch, Flatter,
    Petal Dance, Psybeam, Rock Climb, Signal Beam, Supersonic, Swagger,
    Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Water Pulse

Paralyse:
    Body Slam, Bounce, Discharge, Dragonbreath, Force Palm, Glare, Lick,
    Spark, Stun Spore, Thunder, Thunder Fang, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch, Thundershock, Tri attack, Volt Tackle, Zap Canon

Thank you! There are a lot more than I thought!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I was trying to figure out what gets calculated first in a situation, and how, so I found a formula on some site, but I didn't really get it.

So does anyone know if a pokemon is using a choice band, and uses an attack with STAB, is the base power increased 50% by choice band then the new total is increased by 50% from STAB, the other way around, OR is each 50% increase calculated from the base power, then added as a total?

Sorry if the question might be confusing.......

Edit: Oh....... lol looks like I need to study more XP
    Thanks, it seems like you always answer my questions jigglypuff8

Last edited:
    Back