• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

grokusama

Shiny Collector
    Years
    i just got a japanese shiny mew lv9 rash...it says that the egg was obtaines at the hall of origin nov10 2009 PC osaka...id#00184....i just want to know if this is legit...it was caught in a cherish ball

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    i just got a japanese shiny mew lv9 rash...it says that the egg was obtaines at the hall of origin nov10 2009 PC osaka...id#00184....i just want to know if this is legit...it was caught in a cherish ball

it doesn't look legit to me where did you get it from

You need the event Regigigas in your party. Once you have that, go to the part of Mt. Coronet which leads to Snowpoint City, and enter the small cave there.

To make it shiny, simply save in front of it and soft-reset until it's shiny. It's no different to any other legendary.

ok thanks for you help mate

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    2 seconds after seeing this, and I know it's hacked.

And not ALL Pokémon from the GTS are hacks; unfortunately, 70% of them are.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    All the pokemon from the GTS are hacked

just sayin, not all the pokemon from the GTS are going to be hacked. you just need to look out for certain things.

Although, grokusama that mew is definitely hacked. All mews are usually from events and are impossible to be shiny to begin with, not to mention that the lowest level mew that is legit would be at level 10, so anything lower would be hacked. try checking out the trade subforum on PC for events and/or https://serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    just sayin, not all the pokemon from the GTS are going to be hacked. you just need to look out for certain things.

Although, grokusama that mew is definitely hacked. All mews are usually from events and are impossible to be shiny to begin with, not to mention that the lowest level mew that is legit would be at level 10, so anything lower would be hacked. try checking out the trade subforum on PC for events and/or https://serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml
    ...except the Lv.5 10th Anniversary Mew that was downloadable for HGSS via Wi-Fi.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Hey guys, i'm coming back here with the same question i had some weeks ago, however, what i was told didn't seem right, since i've been comparing lower leveled pokémon and the stats all seem to be as high.
    So, when you enter the battle tower after choosing 3/4 pokémon, their level are reduced to 50 if they are higher leveled than that, my question was "Is it really worth it to level pokémon to level 100 if their level will be reduced to 50 at the battle tower?", one of our friends here in the comunity said "Yes, higher the level, higher the stats in the battle tower." he seemed sure of what he was saying, so i believed him, but i've been looking at the stats of my lvl 70 pokémon, and their stats at level 50 remain 80 (minimum) -110 (maximum, except pokémon with high atack power), like the level 100's. So, i'll ask again, is it really worth it to raise my pokémon's as high as i did in Pokémon Emerald?

Last edited:
    Years
    No, not really. Stats don't change in the battle tower regardless your Pokemon's level. Also, wi-fi has that whole autolevel to lv. 100 thing.

Still, it's cool bragging rights and it'll help if you actually find someone to battle with in real life. :V

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    Well most of the Pokemon from the GTS are hacked

That's not quite true. Out of all the trades I've done on the GTS (well over 1000), I've only found a single hacked Pokemon, and it was a shiny Magikarp. Nothing to get too fussed about, considering I only traded a normal Squirtle for it. The GTS has some built-in filters that automatically check for the Pokemon's legitimacy. It may not catch all of them, but it does catch most of them.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    That's not quite true. Out of all the trades I've done on the GTS (well over 1000), I've only found a single hacked Pokemon, and it was a shiny Magikarp. Nothing to get too fussed about, considering I only traded a normal Squirtle for it. The GTS has some built-in filters that automatically check for the Pokemon's legitimacy. It may not catch all of them, but it does catch most of them.

well most of the shinys and legendarys are hacks

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    well most of the shinys and legendarys are hacks

Again, not true mate. :P At least 400 of those trades that I've done have been shinies or legendaries. Every single one was legit except for that shiny Magikarp. It's just a stereotype of sorts against the GTS, and people usually go along with it without properly researching it for themselves. :P

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Again, not true mate. :P At least 400 of those trades that I've done have been shinies or legendaries. Every single one was legit except for that shiny Magikarp. It's just a stereotype of sorts against the GTS, and people usually go along with it without properly researching it for themselves. :P
    Exactly. I remember when I got about 25 Ten'I mura Regigigas from the GTS one time, and they were all legit. Also when I searched all kinds of Lugia like crazy, until I stored 435 of them in my Ranch; 75 which are Shiny, which 70 are legit.

Dashi_sato

New ROMhacker
    Years
    Someone PLEASE answer my questions!!!!

Ok, so im recently getting into the world of wifi battling. ive played pokemon for like 9 years and always been the best in my circle of friends, but i tried a few wifi battles and was totally creamed. they were all lv 100 no legends battles, but i dont have ev trained pokemon.
    My questions are:

1. How do most players form a team? I really like the idea of finding the perfect parent matching w/ egg moves, etc, breeding a pokemon, and ev training it from lv 1 to 100 with a great moveset. Do most players do this??

2. How do i EV train my pokemon?

3. what does RMT stand for?

4. how do natures affect my stats?

thanks for answers, guys. sorry if i come across as a total n00b :)
    If this is in the wrong place, im sorry. move it

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Ok, so im recently getting into the world of wifi battling. ive played pokemon for like 9 years and always been the best in my circle of friends, but i tried a few wifi battles and was totally creamed. they were all lv 100 no legends battles, but i dont have ev trained pokemon.
    My questions are:

1. How do most players form a team? I really like the idea of finding the perfect parent matching w/ egg moves, etc, breeding a pokemon, and ev training it from lv 1 to 100 with a great moveset. Do most players do this??

2. How do i EV train my pokemon?

3. what does RMT stand for?

4. how do natures affect my stats?

thanks for answers, guys. sorry if i come across as a total n00b :)
    If this is in the wrong place, im sorry. move it

1) Yes, a lot of battlers breed their Pokémon, whether it's for the Eggmoves - which is the most common reason -, for passing down great IVs. But a lot of them don't level their Pokémon all the way to 100; Wi-Fi can set their levels to 100 during battles.

2) For starters, you gain EVs from Pokémon, of course; the stat for which EVs are given to, and the amount of EVs given all vary on the defeated Species, and more EVs can be added by using Power Items, Macho Brace, and PokéRus.

3) Most of the time, it means "Rate My Team".

4) Natures increase one of the Pokémon's Stats while lowering another one; Adamant, for example, increases Atk. and lowers Sp. Atk.

Don't worry about it; at one point, we were all a bunch of n00bs - even the greatest of battlers.

Years
    How to tame a stubborn Pokemon?

A friend breeded a Growlithe early on for me on my Platinum version, I just finished the first encounter with Mars outside of Floroma Town and my Growlithe is at lv. 11. When he got to level 10 he started to disobey me :( He continues to ignore my orders and use different moves and often loafs around just within these past 2 levels. I guess alot of it could deal with him being "A little quick tempered" and he has a Lax nature.

Could anyone give me tips on how to make him obey better? lol.

Years
    Get more gym badges.

Before anyone wants to get overly technical (you know who you are):
    2nd badge lets traded Pokemon lv. 30 and over obey
    4th lets lv. 50
    6th lets lv. 70
    8th lets all

It has nothing to do with the Pokemon's nature or characteristic.

Back