• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Your platinum might be counterfeit =P That happened to me when I bought off ebay. Then I just buckled down and bought the game in full. Now I have a flash card with a platinum rom and my platinum game is in my closet @_@.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    For growlithe, just evolve him. You'd be better off (at least I think) teaching it fire blast(buy TM from veilstone dept.), flamethrower, extremespeed, and whatever other move.

For pikachu, since you can buy the TM for thunder, don't bother waiting for him to learn it. For him, I'd say go with thunderbolt and thunder, and the other 2, whatever. If you want to level him to 37 for discharge, thats fine too.

I think it's better to let them learn all there moves and teach the tms to Pokemon that can't learn the move

More Questions:

I just got to Celestic Town and beat Cyrus and now apparently I'm in need of a water Poke. I do want one to use and to have a strong one but I don't want a bunch of HM slaves and Surf isn't a bad move either. Is their any good water Pokemon around my area (Celestic town) or anywhere I could fly to and quickly onbtain one. All I have for a HM Slave is Bidoof and he can't learn it...

If you have the old rod you could catch a magikarp and evolve it in to Gyrados

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Whats in the rest of your team? You've told us you a growlithe and a pikachu.
    I use quagsire, simply because hes got good defense, his only weakness is grass, and ground type moves come in handy with the last 2 gyms. And he learns earthquake at lvl 36(good if you didn't choose turtwig.)
    But on the other hand, gyarados is an absolute power-house.

Years
    Toretta
    Staraptor
    Raichu
    Arcanine

Need movesets, etc?

Have an Eevee ready to involve into Vaporeon (If needed, for surf or I could go catch a Magikarp)

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Question: When should I evolve my Pikachu and Growlithe.

My Growlithe is lv.36 (I know if I evolve him I'll learn Extremespeed at 39 but if not I will later learn Fire Blitz and Overheat I think?) also with Pikachu I just caught and is now lv.25 and I could hold off until I reach lv. 45 and learn Thunder and then evolve him?

I have both stones and I am preparing to battle Wake on Platinum. Let me know your thoughts.

You should wait until growlithe learns flare blitz and crunch you can always relear extreem speed at the heart scale guy in pastoria when you evlved it

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    For Pikachu, just buy the TM at Veilstone. There's no need to hold off evolution for Thunder.

Years
    Well I did evolve them pretty shortly after.

My Arcanine knows Flame Thrower, Fire Blast, Extremespeed, Rock Climb (Going to get removed, I wish though I waited and learned Fire Blitz)

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    Question for Platinum:
    I have the national dex now, yet the Elite Four is still using their weaker line-up, aren't they suppose to have stronger pokemon now?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    In Platinum to rebattle the Elite 4 with them having higher levels, you need to do the Stark Mountain sidequest.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm training my team for the elite four. 3/6 are up to par, the rest, not so much. I was wondering where I could train them(I literally don't know, only had platinum 2 weeks.)
    I trained my torterra/quagsire/magnezone at victory road, it was easy since they knew moves that easily beat the rock and flying types in there.
    Where are some strong wild pokemon they could train on, or some high level trainers that I could use vs seeker on?
    I need to train my:
    lvl 50 rapidash
    lvl 49 umbreon
    lvl 49 crobat

Years
    Stuck in pearl

Yes I know im a Noob but I need some help.

I am stuck on my Pokemon pearl and i really dont know what to do.

I currently have 4 Gym badges and im trying to get into the Heartstone one but of course she isent there. This is because i havent got that potion for the psyducks because cythia isent at the lake.

Now from my very reliable source I have learnt that this is because I first need to empty the Veilstone Team galactic building BUT....

I dont have the HQ key.

Where and if not how can i find a way of doing this.

Thanks

Ok, i think you should go to the eastern entrance of the galactic veilstone HQ, and speak to a guy standing in front of the building next to a sattelite receiver. I dont know for sure, could be something else, but it´s worth a try.

Here you are,

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok...so, i have a question.

I've got my 20 win streak to get to Dalia, but i lost, i KO'd two pokes, but Medicham swept me (although Feraligatr was lv.36, he did well in other games). This is the team i used:

Electivire:Thunder,Fire,Ice Punch, Cross Chop
    Lucario:Dragon Pulse,Aura Sphere, Water Pulse (for E4 Flint),Vacuum Wave
    Feraligatr:Waterfall,Dragon Dance,Crunch,Ice Fang

Is there any pokes with certain movesets i can swap in?(preferably not egg moves, as Electivire wasn't mine-lucky GTS trade)
    Also, with Lucario, he's staying special-based if you can recommend better movesets.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Unidentified Flying Aces
    Electivire: Thunder, Fire, Ice Punch, Cross Chop
    This looks fine, although you could swap Ice Punch for Earthquake for more coverage (Feral has Ice).

Lucario: Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse (for E4 Flint), Vacuum Wave

Ditch Water Pulse for Shadow Ball (for Medicham). Your concern is the Battle Frontier, not the E4 now.

Feraligatr: Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Ice Fang

This looks fine, but why did you say that Feraligatr is level 36? Surely it must be level 50 in the Battle Arcade... Level it up if not.

Your team appears to focus on sweepers... As you have two physical sweepers, I suggest that you ditch one (probably Feral, lower base stats IIRC) and pick up a bulkier Pokemon, such as Cresselia. Her ability, Levitate, complements Vire's/Lucario's weakness. If you foresee Earthquake, switch out to Cress and take no damage.

A good Cresselia set would be:

Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Moonlight / Rest
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave / Psychic

Reflect helps with your teams mostly physical weaknesses, Ice Beam takes over from Feral, T-Wave helps your somewhat slow sweepers, and Moonlight is for Cress to obviously heal.

Be sure to abuse the game board in Arcade to your advantage...

If you're already caught a Cress and she isn't Bold or another suitable nature, maybe try GTS or the Trade Corner. :(

Years
    Where is the guy who teaches you deleted moves in Platinum?

I need to teach my Gyrados Dragon Dance...what move should I delete from his moveset: Waterfall, Dragon Pulse, Blizzard, Avalanche...

And what is the ideal moveset for these Pokemon:

Absol, Raichu, Torterra, Staraptor (Knows Fly), Arcanine, and Gyrados...my team.

Back