• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    quick question on shiny pokemon
    i know that the chance is about 1 out of 8000 times.
    So is it a guarenteee for me to get 1 shiny pokemon when I reset for 8000 times?
    or is it more?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It's completely random. You may reset it 10,000 times and not get a shiny, or you could get one on your fifth try. There's no guarantee; that number is just your overall odds of getting one. Your actual results may vary.

amr

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    What is the wallpaper of the last box in the Pokemon Storage System; I changed it once and now I want the original back? Thanks guys.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Hey can anyone answer this for me please?

If I battle the Fisherman near Eterna that has the 6 Magikarps and my Pokemon is holding the Power Lens and has Pokerus will my Pokemon get 10 EV's for each Magikarp and a total of 60 EV's for the whole battle?

I'm not too sure so just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks if someone can answer (:

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hey can anyone answer this for me please?

If I battle the Fisherman near Eterna that has the 6 Magikarps and my Pokemon is holding the Power Lens and has Pokerus will my Pokemon get 10 EV's for each Magikarp and a total of 60 EV's for the whole battle?

I'm not too sure so just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks if someone can answer (:

Power Lens gives Sp. Atk, while Magikarp gives Speed; you'd gain 48 Sp. Atk and 12 Speed.

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
    I have a question really quick. It might have been answered already, but frankly, I'm too lazy to check.
    How do you clone a pokemon on Platinum? I've never cloned a pokemon, so I don't know. I've started breeding pokemon, so if I get a shiny, I want to clone it so I can trade one of them.

Years
    I have a question really quick. It might have been answered already, but frankly, I'm too lazy to check.
    How do you clone a pokemon on Platinum? I've never cloned a pokemon, so I don't know. I've started breeding pokemon, so if I get a shiny, I want to clone it so I can trade one of them.

The easiest way is with an AR code but I heard there's some glitch in the GTS that will clone your pokemon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

The GTS glitch is explained here; however, I believe that Platinum will not work, as Nintendo apparently fixed the glitch. I hope you have Diamond or Pearl. :(

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I just started a Monotype challange on my Pearl, and now i am trying to get Spiritomb for my team. Now I could have swore that when I got Spiritomb in my last file on Pearl that I did by talking to the same person 32 times while going in and out of my Underground base each time. I also got the Odd Ketstone in the tower place. I just want to know if their is anything elas I have to do, beat a certin gym, get a certin Item, anything. Please, somebody tell what I am doing wrong. I'm about ready two snap my new DS Lite in half!

TwilightBlade

Years
    I just started a Monotype challange on my Pearl, and now i am trying to get Spiritomb for my team. Now I could have swore that when I got Spiritomb in my last file on Pearl that I did by talking to the same person 32 times while going in and out of my Underground base each time. I also got the Odd Ketstone in the tower place. I just want to know if their is anything elas I have to do, beat a certin gym, get a certin Item, anything. Please, somebody tell what I am doing wrong. I'm about ready two snap my new DS Lite in half!

I believe that there is another way to find the Odd Keystone. Fly to Twinleaf, walk south towards the pond, use Surf on the left most side, go down 2 spots, face left, and press A. The item is hidden in the trees.

I have not personally tried the method you're doing. D:

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    When you went in and out of your base, did you close the base every single time? If you did, then I don't know.

Yeah, I closed I evey time.

I believe that there is another way to find the Odd Keystone. Fly to Twinleaf, walk south towards the pond, use Surf on the left most side, go down 2 spots, face left, and press A. The item is hidden in the trees.

I have not personally tried the method you're doing. D:

Not sure what you are talking about. I already put the Odd Keystone in the tower.

Edit: Also, this is right after my first visit to Hearthome.

TwilightBlade

Years
    Oh, you can summon Spiritomb by visiting route 209 (south of Solaceon) and interacting with a small, rocky tower. I don't know what's wrong with your game, though. Talk to the stone and Spiritomb pops up... Maybe you do need to beat the Elite Four. My game is finished. D:

Wait, I think the procedure is: Insert Odd Keystone, then talk to 32 friends (local DS, perhaps?), and inspect the tower again. Did you talk to friends before inserting the item?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    All you need to do to get spiritomb is:

1. Put the oddkeystone in the stone formation on route 209
    2. go undeground and talk to the same person 32 times by exiting and entering your secret base, you dont need to close it after you every time, just enter and leave
    I know cause I got spiritomb myself recently on platinum

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    What do the images in WiFi represent?

I see Cool Trainers primarily, then Psychics; my sister's image is a Pop Star brunette. What does it signify?

Back