• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Um...what's the best way to decide a Pokemon's nature? For instance, if you were to get an Empoleon, would you get one with a nature that increases its greatest stat and decreases its weakest (i.e. Quiet: +Sp. Attack, -Speed) or vice-versa (i.e. Jolly: -Sp. Attack, +Speed)?

Thanks.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    A good way is to have a + on a stat which you want to be high e.g. for a wall Defence or a sweeper Speed or Attack. And the - on the stat you won't need mostly Sp. Attack for Pokemon that use physical moves and - Attack for Pokemon that use Special as you won't need that stat and therefore anything bad that happens to it won't matter. So for your Emploeon if it were to only have Special Attacks a - Attack nature is what you should go with and + what ever stat you want to be higher.

iSoul

Noob
    Years
    I don't know if this is where I should ask this, but....

Is there any kind of trick to catch Mespirit or I so I just have to run around liek mad trying to catch it?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

Is there any kind of trick to catch Mespirit or I so I just have to run around liek mad trying to catch it?

Yeah pretty much... remember don't fly to locations though ~

Years
    Ok. I got the pokeketch and I'm having a difficult time on what to do to find mezileve the legendary pokemon. Can someone please help me? I have tired looking on youtube for videos but I'm clueless on how to do it. Please help. thanks. Darn I only see 144 and I got a couple more to go.

Perriechu

Years
    Ok. I got the pokeketch and I'm having a difficult time on what to do to find mezileve the legendary pokemon. Can someone please help me? I have tired looking on youtube for videos but I'm clueless on how to do it. Please help. thanks. Darn I only see 144 and I got a couple more to go.

Mesprit :3 Anyway, Once you have the marker map, open it up onto your Poketch, then really just bike around for a while until a small black marker pops up, that's Mesprit and it's current location, changing route's will change the location, try switching between to close routes to trap it.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years

Another thing you could do is:
    Put a Pokemon that knows Fly in your party, then go to Hearthome City. Walk around a bit to see where Mesprit shows up on your Poketch. If it isn't on any of the three routes outside of Hearthome, then use Fly and go to Hearthome again. Keep doing this until Mesprit shows up just outside of Hearthome, then go to that route on foot.

Perriechu

Years

Another thing you could do is:
    Put a Pokemon that knows Fly in your party, then go to Hearthome City. Walk around a bit to see where Mesprit shows up on your Poketch. If it isn't on any of the three routes outside of Hearthome, then use Fly and go to Hearthome again. Keep doing this until Mesprit shows up just outside of Hearthome, then go to that route on foot.

Orr, he could go to those routes and leave the gatehouse repeatedly, since it's easier than flying..

Years
    true. Ok. I have pokemon diamond. I'm about to see all 150 different kinds of pokemon. I only need to see 3 more. The numbers are 59,114 and 115. These numbers are in the pokedex. Can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are these if you have them can I see them in the trades. vm me if you have them so I can see them through trades. My fc is in the sig the diamond version.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    In the Sinnoh Dex, #59 should be Cherrim, #114 is Unown, and #115 is Riolu.

Unown can be seen in the Solaceon Ruins, and Riolu can be hatched from the egg you get from Riley at Iron Island.
    For Cherrim, you'd need to evolve it from Cherubi, unless you trade for it or something like that.

Years
    Ok. I got the Poketch and I'm having a difficult time on what to do to find Mespirit the legendary pokemon. Can someone please help me? I have tired looking on youtube for videos but I'm clueless on how to do it. Please help. thanks. Darn I only see 144 and I got a couple more to go.
    Go to your Marker App which you should've gotten it way back in the game. now just move a couple of steps until you see a flashing black face, like a rabbit or mouse, that shows where Mespirit is. Bring a Pokemon that knows Mean Look or has the ability Arena Trap. If you don't which Pokemon there are, I suggest a Golbat/Crobat or a Diglett/Dugtrio or a Nosepass with Block. Meeting up in the same spot with Mespirit is tricky. There are a few places it will landed most often. Outside Hearthome City, outside Veilstone City, near Route 202 and between Pastoria City and Lake Verity. You're best bet is either Veilstone or Hearthome. Choose either one and fly there. Keep entering and exiting the city and constantly keep watch on the Map. I caught mine outside Jubilife City after a few times of chasing it. To ensure that you can catch it, try freezing it. Ultra Balls or Timer balls work well on it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years

You can use a Poketch app to see where it is. As for the battle using a Pokemon with Mean Look/Block/Spider Web is recommended or even better Wobbuffet. Try to status it also.

Years
    Go to your Marker App which you should've gotten it way back in the game. now just move a couple of steps until you see a flashing black face, like a rabbit or mouse, that shows where Mespirit is. Bring a Pokemon that knows Mean Look or has the ability Arena Trap. If you don't which Pokemon there are, I suggest a Golbat/Crobat or a Diglett/Dugtrio or a Nosepass with Block. Meeting up in the same spot with Mespirit is tricky. There are a few places it will landed most often. Outside Hearthome City, outside Veilstone City, near Route 202 and between Pastoria City and Lake Verity. You're best bet is either Veilstone or Hearthome. Choose either one and fly there. Keep entering and exiting the city and constantly keep watch on the Map. I caught mine outside Jubilife City after a few times of chasing it. To ensure that you can catch it, try freezing it. Ultra Balls or Timer balls work well on it.

diglett's arena trap ability is not work on levitate ability or flying type pokemon..

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    If I defeat Mesprit, then defeat the Elite Four, do I need to do any additional steps for it to respawn? (e.g. talk to Prof. Rowan?)
    I'm playing on Platinum btw.

Years
    WOW after a long search on google for different kinds of answers I couldn't find a straight answer on how to go to the ruins of alpha in pokemon diamond. So I decided to walk around the whole game and find it myself when it is inside the solecto town or something like. I have also finally see 150 pokemon and I went to cynthia's grandmother in celestic town is the big house and she said something about palkia. Do I have to go there and catch it before I do anything else? The roads on the fighting arena is still blocked by people. Why? can you help? Thanks.

Years
    If I defeat Mesprit, then defeat the Elite Four, do I need to do any additional steps for it to respawn? (e.g. talk to Prof. Rowan?)
    I'm playing on Platinum btw.

they will be appear after u beat elite 4...

WOW after a long search on google for different kinds of answers I couldn't find a straight answer on how to go to the ruins of alpha in pokemon diamond. So I decided to walk around the whole game and find it myself when it is inside the solecto town or something like. I have also finally see 150 pokemon and I went to cynthia's grandmother in celestic town is the big house and she said something about palkia. Do I have to go there and catch it before I do anything else? The roads on the fighting arena is still blocked by people. Why? can you help? Thanks.

i need battle with the guy blocked you in battle frontier..

Back