• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    After I cleared the path for the fighting arena I want to know where I can find ace again. Because the last time I saw him was he went inside the battle tower and I went in and find nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    How do you get the Nat. Pokedex in Platinum? Thanks.

You need to at least see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, including Manaphy, and talk to Professor Rowan. There's a book in the Pokemon Mansion on Route 212 with Manaphy's picture in it that will help you with that.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    You need to at least see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, including Manaphy, and talk to Professor Rowan. There's a book in the Pokemon Mansion on Route 212 with Manaphy's picture in it that will help you with that.

Whoops, sorry. I probably should've asked if it really is possible to see all Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex ^^;.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If you keep the pokemon with Pokerus in your PC and take them out only when you are using them then the Pokerus should be indefinite. Just put them back in the box when you are done.

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
    About Pokérus...

Its duration depends on the game. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum it will last until the end of the next day. In FireRed/LeafGreen, the infection lasts indeterminately and can't be cured. In Black/White, it lasts until the end of the same day.
    If you keep a pokémon in a box, it won't lose the virus. The double EV gaining effect will be kept, even after the healing.
    Well, I've got PokéRus in Crystal, Ruby and Pearl. I have some experience with it... XD

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    When using the Vs. Seeker, is there a certain number of times you can rebattle trainers? Or if there are trainers who don't want to battle again yet, do you just have to wait until they do?

Thank you~

Years
    After I cleared the path for the fighting arena I want to know where I can find ace again. Because the last time I saw him was he went inside the battle tower and I went in and find nothing.

I'm assuming 'Ace' is your rival? If so, your rival will appear in the Fight Area on Saturdays and Sundays and battle you if you talk to him. You may want to grind your Pokemon up a few levels, as his team's levels increase after each battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    RNG help needed:
    Suppose I talk to Mr. Backlot and he says that he saw a Chansey. Does that mean that Chansey is now in the "today" slot in the Trophy Garden? If not, how can I know which Pokemon are in those slots?
    Also, which numbers correspond to the "today" and "yesterday" slots?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I thought it was there all day Friday...

In any event, if you're manipulating the DS clock, try setting it to 23:57 (11:57PM) on a Thursday or some other time just before midnight, so the clock rolls around to Friday and triggers Drifloon's appearance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I'm stuck after 7. gym...

Hey, I hope this is the right place to ask for help aswell as general discussions.

I just picked up my Perl again, after quite some time, and I can't remember how to get further. The last thing I recall, is taking down the 7. gym, and all walkthrought tells me to go to the lake in the snow area right after. In the walkthroughs, Jupiter is there, and the water is high (So that you can surf there), while it's low in my game, and Jupiter is not there.

Now, IF i have done that, a Galactic guy should be in front of the HQ, dropping the Warehouse key, and he's not there.

Now IF i have done that, I should be able to go INTO the warehouse, but I can't; I don't have that key, which means, I probably haven't engaged Jupiter at the lakefront.

So; I am terribly lost, anyone who knows what to do? :o

Tekei

Meta Gamer
    Years
    A returning player in need of trading advice.

Hi everyone.
    I haven't been reading these boards for quite some time now though it happens every once in a while.

As stated in my introduction-thread (that I apparently couldn't link to yet :P) I just fired up my Pokémon Pearl again to get ready for when I get my hands on Pokémon Black/White.

I was looking through my Pokédex and PC to see what pokémon I had managed to gather and I realized I am missing A LOT!
    Not all of them are rare or legendaries of course but those are the ones that have me the most worried. That and the fact that from what I've heard it is fairly common to hack and or alter your game in order to get certain pokémon and while I won't judge those who like playing that way, I prefer to keep my own gaming as legit as possible.
    How would an inexperienced player like me (at least inexperienced when it comes to online trading and a more hardcore community) go about starting trading for pokémon that are in higher demand than your regular magikarp? And is there anything in particular I need to have in mind when trying to keep my pokémon "legit"? :)

What I mean is, I understand that legendary pokémon and other rarities like the Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos trio or Celebi, Mew etc are in rather high demand and that I would be required to put something equally rare up for trade in order to get my hands on them.
    The problem is that I would like to keep the few Legendaries that I do have and I don't have any shinies as of yet.
    Does this mean I would have to start hunting shinies and make sure they have the proper IVs and are EV trained in order to be competitive enough in the "trading business" or is there another way?

I hope I don't come off as cheap. I am merely new to this whole side of Pokémon gaming and looking for advice.

/Tekei

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Mmfph...you're gonna want to start breeding for IVs and maybe looking into EVing as well. There are giveaways that pop up every once in a while, you might be able to get something good there. Some traders around here are pretty lenient and happy to help out new trainers but yeah, it'll be difficult for you to get rare stuff from here if you're not specializing in anything. :(

Back