• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

MrShaun

Master of Pokemon World Online
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    2 Questions :D

1. In Pastora...when you stand inside the Croagunk poster...sometimes a random Croagunk will just run into the Safari Zone. Whats that all about?

2. In the Commercial...you see the character riding a Piplup boat...where is that and how do I get to it?

Im hoping for FAST replies! Thanks!

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    I don't know about the croagunk thing, but i think its catchable in platinum, but the piplup boat is in the wifi plaza. there's a certain amount of time you can stay in there and once the alotted time is up, you go on the boat and ride out of the plaza.

Years
    For the second question, that would be the Wi-fi Plaza, a new addition to wi-fi connection. It is found on the bottom center of the Pokemon Center. Here, you can spend an amount of time everyday with up to 20 players in a random room playing different minigames. More details can be found here.

Years
    Synchronize increases the rate of encountering wild Pokemon with the same nature. You're not technically "encountering" it, since it runs away after you first see it. Therefore, synchronize should have no effect on roamers.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
    I think you'll really enjoy the fourth generation because you've pretty much missed out on the two in between so you have a lot to discover.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Alright, a quick question
    Has anyone else noticed a movement permission error in platinum?
    I noticed it on Route 225, it's two trees near two cut trees.
    There's a space where you should be able to walk, but you can't..
    EDIT: Just noticed why.
    In diamond, the tree's closer to the stairs than it is in platinum..
    And nintendo forgot to fix the movement permissions.

Years
    Hey all, I just got Platinum, and I've heard that you can K.O. Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia without fretting. I have heard that you can defeat them, and then return to the Distortion World/Spear Pillar to re-capture them. Is this true?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Hey all! I'm trying to train level 50's to level 60's in Platinum. I don't want to run them through the E4 because I want the first time they go through the E4 as level 60's (I already beat the E4 once). Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been VS Seeking Spamming the Lopunny trainer on Route 222, which gives 5500+ exp (Pokemon was traded, plus Lucky Egg), but it takes four or five VS Seeks to get her to battle, and it's taking too long.
    Thanks for any answers!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hey all, I just got Platinum, and I've heard that you can K.O. Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia without fretting. I have heard that you can defeat them, and then return to the Distortion World/Spear Pillar to re-capture them. Is this true?

Not sure on Dialga and Palkia, but I know if you KO Giratina in the Distortion World, you can fight it once more in Turnback Cave. If you KO it that time, that's it; you won't be able to get it again.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Not sure on Dialga and Palkia, but I know if you KO Giratina in the Distortion World, you can fight it once more in Turnback Cave. If you KO it that time, that's it; you won't be able to get it again.

I am pretty sure that in Platinum, every time you defeat the Elite Four, the legendaries will appear again. But don't take my word for it and defeat them, then save.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    Question about battling on Platinum.

I battled a friend yesterday, and he had a level 70 garchomp.. and all my guys were mid 50's. I looked all around, but is their a way to do a all pokemon level 100 battle like you could on d/p?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Question about battling on Platinum.

I battled a friend yesterday, and he had a level 70 garchomp.. and all my guys were mid 50's. I looked all around, but is their a way to do a all pokemon level 100 battle like you could on d/p?

The Level 100 Battle setting is still as present as it was in Diamond and Pearl, meaning that it is still located in the Wi-Fi Club selection. If you are referring to battling via local wireless, however, then you are pretty much out of luck.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    Ohh. Got it.. Yeah we we're local battling.. That's stupid how you can't make them all 100... Why couldn't they just add that in!!!!

Back