• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Hi, just wondering if this would be a good Glacion

Eevee ut - lvl 5
    Quiet
    21/11/11/11/12/9

i know it has terrible speed but this is probably the best i could get

Do you just check on serebii.net or is there nother method?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Disregard my last post. Those IVs look pretty good except for the sp. atk one. But I'm not quite sure if the 12 if sp. def or sp. atk. Either way its sp. atk is positively horrid. No offense. I highly doubt this will be a good Glaceon since its sp. atk is horrible and its nature hinders its already lowish speed. That's my view on it

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • im really confused,

i have an ev trained electivire, and i bred a perfect gligar.(good nature,ability,iv's)

I started ev training the gligar through exp share, the spread was supposed to be:252 hp,40 defense,216 speed,

I ev trained it, im 100 percent positive, but when i went to get the effort ribbon,the lady said my gligar needed to work harder,

any advice?
    Do the math. 252 + 40 + 216 = 508. Remember, 508 is the amount of useful EVs, whereas 510 is the amount of total EVs. Which basically means that the remaining 2 EVs you need to get have no effect on a Pokemon's stats, but it makes the difference of maxing out all your EVs , and therefore getting the Effort ribbon.

So try battling any two Pokemon (or 1, depending on the EVs they give), and there should be your solution.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If you have a pokemon that has taken one of the new forms (Example: Shaymin Sky Form, Rotom Lawnmower Form) are we going to be able to trade over one in a new form over to diamond or pearl? Are we even going to be able to make DP games battle against new pokemon in Platinum?

Platinum is programmed to automatically make Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin change back to their normal forms when you try to enter the Wi-Fi or Union rooms. You can test this by getting a new form, talking to the lady, but saying 'no' to the save; it will revert your Pokémon anyway.
    You can still battle in the local Wireless Colosseum, even using the new forms; however, if you battle a D/P game, they will see the Pokémon as the normal form of it. It will still have the new form's stats, though.

Beckie

Thunder!
    Years
  • I need some "Feebas - Milotic" help! >_<

Well, I FINALLY got this Feebas and I, of course, want to evolve it into a Milotic.
    Now, I understood that you should make it real beautiful by giving it a lot of dry (?) berries like; Pamtre berry. (I'm "breeding" them at this very moment)

But do I need to do something else than just that?
    I've heard your Feebas need to know "Hypnosis" to evolve. Is that true? The only way for Feebas to get that attack is by "egg moves" and I don't know how egg moves work :<

A little help? I'm pretty much confused.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I need some "Feebas - Milotic" help! >_<

Well, I FINALLY got this Feebas and I, of course, want to evolve it into a Milotic.
    Now, I understood that you should make it real beautiful by giving it a lot of dry (?) berries like; Pamtre berry. (I'm "breeding" them at this very moment)

But do I need to do something else than just that?
    I've heard your Feebas need to know "Hypnosis" to evolve. Is that true? The only way for Feebas to get that attack is by "egg moves" and I don't know how egg moves work :<

A little help? I'm pretty much confused.

You need to max its Beauty, and level it up. No egg moves or anything. Make Poffins with lots of Dry flavoured berries (the ones with higher numbers generally work better, i.e. a Pamtre Berry will be better than a Chesto Berry). Then, feed them to the Feebas until its Beauty is maxed out (or very close), and level it up.
    The reason people are telling you to get Hypnosis is because it's a good move. It doesn't need it to evolve, though. For the record, you get egg moves by breeding a female Pokémon of the species you want (i.e. a Feebas or Milotic) with a compatible male which has the move you want (such as a Poliwhirl with Hypnosis).

Beckie

Thunder!
    Years
  • You need to max its Beauty, and level it up. No egg moves or anything. Make Poffins with lots of Dry flavoured berries (the ones with higher numbers generally work better, i.e. a Pamtre Berry will be better than a Chesto Berry). Then, feed them to the Feebas until its Beauty is maxed out (or very close), and level it up.
    The reason people are telling you to get Hypnosis is because it's a good move. It doesn't need it to evolve, though. For the record, you get egg moves by breeding a female Pokémon of the species you want (i.e. a Feebas or Milotic) with a compatible male which has the move you want (such as a Poliwhirl with Hypnosis).

Thank you so much for the help! ^^

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • I got platinum today. And the insert about rotom says to get a password at pokemonplatinum.com/rotom/ but the page doesn't exist? when will the rotom event be for america?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok i just beat mars and i want a driftloon.My ds is already on Friday but no driftloon.

What should i do?

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
  • Always and never- Yes.
    And I trades some Pokemon over to my Platinum from Pearl, and my highest is Level 17. I'm at the Valley Windworks. NONE OF THEM OBEY ME. X_X
    How do I get my Pokemon to obey me? I've been told a few things. One guy says Happiness, another says Badges.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Badges.

Do you go to the Plaza or the club to trade with Pearl?

I got platinum today. And the insert about rotom says to get a password at pokemonplatinum.com/rotom/ but the page doesn't exist? when will the rotom event be for america?

It's not an event. You input that code at the site to get a desktop background for your computer.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Always and never- Yes.
    And I trades some Pokemon over to my Platinum from Pearl, and my highest is Level 17. I'm at the Valley Windworks. NONE OF THEM OBEY ME. X_X
    How do I get my Pokemon to obey me? I've been told a few things. One guy says Happiness, another says Badges.

Badges. 2nd badge allows all traded Pokemon up to lv. 30 obey without question, 4th alllows for lv. 50, 6th allows for lv. 70, and 8th allows for all Pokemon to obey.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • All right, I've inputted my friends pearl friend code and he has mine. When I connect to the wifi club on platinum, it says he's not online and he can't see me. Anyone know what the problem is?

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    When will downstairs of the poke center be available in platinum?
    i dunno if its the same for d/p since i didn't use till i beat the game

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it's after your first gym badge, but I'm not 100% sure.

It is, just as it was in Diamond & Pearl.

All right, I've inputted my friends pearl friend code and he has mine. When I connect to the wifi club on platinum, it says he's not online and he can't see me. Anyone know what the problem is?

It could be a problem with the actual Wi-Fi that the two of you are using, since the same problem sometimes happened without involving Platinum. Make certain that the Friend Codes are correct and try again.

is the only place to find fire/water/thunder/leaf stones in the underground?

There are only single copies of each available above-ground. A Fire Stone is in the Fuego Ironworks, a Leaf Stone is in Floaroma Meadow, and the other two can be found around Sunyshore. Otherwise, the Underground is the only way to go, yes.

Back