• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
Years
  • Hmm thanks. but what would be better to catch? since AFAIK budew evolves via happiness. that means that if i want roselia it will take some time. and i can get a low level roselia and then train it. instead of having to wait. this roserade would be ingame, after that i will probably breed (for online, as well as my other team members you can see in the signature, well im not here to talk about my team O: )

so anyway, ingame its better to catch roselia / budew? (will later be used to breed a new one for Wifi)

In my opinion, I would say that its better to catch budew ingame due to a variety of benefits that come from it breeding later on in the game.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hello, I need some help with the GTS Cloning trick. I did every step I needed to, then when I was testing out the glitch a few times to see how much the clock turned around before it loaded. Majority of them were 16 spins, so I turned off the game before it hit 16. Then, I entered back into the GTS and such, found "Summary" inside the GTS, and clicked it, then it took a while, and showed "Communication error..." whenever I actually did the glitch correctly. I did this 10 times, and it still showed up the same. Oh, and this is in Platinum. Tell me if I need to explain myself more.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    In my opinion, I would say that its better to catch budew ingame due to a variety of benefits that come from it breeding later on in the game.
    Hmm thanks, think i will sattle on a budew.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Hello, I need some help with the GTS Cloning trick. I did every step I needed to, then when I was testing out the glitch a few times to see how much the clock turned around before it loaded. Majority of them were 16 spins, so I turned off the game before it hit 16. Then, I entered back into the GTS and such, found "Summary" inside the GTS, and clicked it, then it took a while, and showed "Communication error..." whenever I actually did the glitch correctly. I did this 10 times, and it still showed up the same. Oh, and this is in Platinum. Tell me if I need to explain myself more.

GTS cloning glitch is fixed in platinum version.

Edit: Now a question from me, is there a difinitive way to work out what moves pokemon can learn through long breeding chains?

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Monastery in Hearthome City.

What is that monastery place in Hearthome City for? I've always wondered what it was doing in such an upbeat place like Hearthome. The place has no background music, and I really don't like it. Is it linked to an event or something?

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i thought that.
    its random, if they put it somewhere else pehaps it would have made more sence but theres not any items/pokemon atainable there.
    as far as i know its completely unsignificant

Years
  • yeah, the big monastery might be linked to some sort of event involving obtaining the arzure flute or some crap like that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Can someone link me to/tell me what the Elite Fours teams look like in Platinum after the National Dex?
    Please PM/VM with an answer ^^ thanks!!

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • Can someone link me to/tell me what the Elite Fours teams look like in Platinum after the National Dex?
    Please PM/VM with an answer ^^ thanks!!

Let me see their levels increased by 15-16, so their teams should be:

Aaron
    Yanmega ♂ Lv.65
    Drapion ♂ Lv.69
    Heracross ♂ Lv.67
    Vespiquen ♀ Lv.66
    Scizor ♂ Lv.65

Bertha
    Whiscash ♀ Lv.66
    Gliscor ♀ Lv.69
    Golem ♀ Lv.68
    Rhyperior ♀ Lv.71
    Hippowdon ♀ Lv.68

Flint
    Rapidash ♂ Lv.69
    Houndoom ♂ Lv.68
    Flareon ♂ Lv.71
    Magmortar ♂ Lv.73
    Infernape ♂ Lv.71

Lucian
    Mr. Mime ♂ Lv.69
    Espeon ♂ Lv.71
    Bronzong ♂ Lv.70
    Alakazam ♂ Lv.72
    Gallade ♂ Lv.75

Cynthia
    Spiritomb ♀ Lv.74
    Togekiss ♂ Lv.76
    Lucario ♂ Lv.76
    Garchomp ♀ Lv.78
    Roserade ♀ Lv.74
    Milotic ♀ Lv.74

I posted the links to bulbapedia in their names, bulbapedia should have their pokemon's movesets. Hope that I helped :)

Years
  • What is that monastery place in Hearthome City for? I've always wondered what it was doing in such an upbeat place like Hearthome. The place has no background music, and I really don't like it. Is it linked to an event or something?

This building, also known as the Foreign Building, has absolutely no significance towards gameplay at all. Rather, it is just there for the NPCs to talk about the grace of living life with Pokemon.

Chimpoleon

CAUTION! Roadblock Ahead...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    HELP!!

i think i screwed up my platinum game file. i used AR to get some pokemon, and then saved. i didn't play it for about 3 days, and when i played it today, it went directly to the screen that shows up when you select new game. i didn't even get a menu. i think AR deleted my game, but i'm not sure. someone help!

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    first of all, AR PROBABLY DID MUK IT UP

secondly- play it the real way please

thirdly- reset it

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    What kind of AR?
    ARDS or the old one that you can use on GBA games?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I'm sorry, did you say three times?
    It may take way longer than that to get what you want.
    (What do you want anyways)

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    My chatot silent! It doesn't have a cry! When it had chatter I pressed it and didn't say anything, but I deleted chatter and it is still silent! Help please!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    Advice for leveling up?

i am currently at the pokemon league in platinum, but no where near ready to fight them
    i need advice on how to level up quickly
    and also what pokemon i should have in my team

here is my current team
    Togekiss Lvl 36
    Infernape Lvl 54
    Gastrodon Lvl 34
    Luxray Lvl 52
    Weavile Lvl 53

unsure of what other pokemon i should level up

Options
    Yanma (currently lvl 28)
    Tangrowth (currently lvl 33)