• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Ahh okay, I got lucky then on my first try :)

--

I am going to catch all the eevee, breed them, and have every evolution! Thanks.
    I am quite tired of staravia. The intimidate makes the game go slower.

Years
  • Go to options and set battle scene to off. That way, you don't see the animation for stat loss or any other move for that matter. Makes in-game battles quicker.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • No one answered my question, so repost.

Of the following effects, which stack?
    Intimidate / Cleanse Tag / Black Flute

Does Flash Cannon change colors depending on the Pokemon using it? I swore it was grey when my Blastoise used it, but it's purple when this Forretress used it on me.

What's the damage range of HP Ice 69 / Manectric Max SpA, neutral nature and Choice Specs on Rhyperior neutral SpD and on Rhyperior neutral SpD Sandstormed?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Of the following effects, which stack?
    Intimidate / Cleanse Tag / Black Flute
    Intimidate can stack, Cleanse Tag IIRC only works if it's on the lead Pokemon so it cannot stack, and Black Flute...I believe it merely has the same effect as a Repel, right? Don't believe it would stack then... (can't use multiple Repels at once). Educated guess however.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Intimidate can stack, Cleanse Tag IIRC only works if it's on the lead Pokemon so it cannot stack, and Black Flute...I believe it merely has the same effect as a Repel, right? Don't believe it would stack then... (can't use multiple Repels at once). Educated guess however.

I meant Intimidate's overworld effect. If you have a Pokemon with Intimidate on the frontlines, Pokemon are less likely to appear -- the same effect as Cleanse Tag. In fact, Keen Eye has the same overworld effect, but you can't have two abilities at the same time, so I didn't mention it. Black Flute temporarily reduces the amount of Pokemon seen, but does NOT have the same effect as Repel. It merely decreases the frequency of appearance rate.

My question was if you could combine these effects to reduce the amount of Pokemon you see without having to use Repel.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ah, ok. Misunderstood - didn't know you mean their overworld effects all at once. In that case, I wouldn't know, sorry... and after a good search still don't know either. =/ At any rate, I just use Repels. =P

(As for Flash Cannon, when I use it with different Pokemon (including a Blastoise) it's always purple for me - although it could differ if an opponent uses it? BTW that was on my Diamond version).

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I accidently used a action replay code to get the national dex, but it didn't fill my sinnoh dex, so then i went and filled my dex the hard way. I found out i was not given a poke radar, and i am not allowed to go to no area except the battle frontier. I can get to places like the migration station, and catching the legend birds.

Can i fix this without restarting my game??

I don't think there's a way to remove the national dex once you get it. But, if you used an AR code to get the national dex, why don't you use AR codes to get the Poké Radar and to get to the other areas around the Battle Frontier? If worst comes to worst, you can use a walk-through-walls code to reach the Pokémon Centers in Survival Area and Resort Area, and after you've visited them once, you can use Fly to get back to them later even if the sprites blocking the roads never move.

Be careful if you try that, though, since it's really easy to mess things up with AR. (As you've probably figured out by now. :P)

—————————————————

Quick question, more about curiosity than anything else: I had closed my DS while standing near a few berry trees. When I opened my game up, one of the trees sparkled. I walked over and clicked on it and all it said was "this Qualot plant is growing bigger. Want to sprinkle some water?" Nothing out of the ordinary, then. So, why did it sparkle?

My guess is that, maybe, berry trees sparkle when they grow taller? I hadn't been paying attention to the Qualot until it sparkled (heck, I didn't even know it was a Qualot until it sparkled), so I wasn't watching to see if it grew from a sprout to a taller plant. Does anyone know for sure what the sparkle means?

Years
  • That's just what the sparkle means. It went into its next phase (seed → seedling → "growing bigger" → blooming → berry) while you were around it. Just a neat little aesthetic feature.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Is there anyplace that has more detailed information on the Platinum Villa than what's on Serebii or Bulbapedia? I particularly want to know if there's some sort of schedule or criteria for people to visit, since it lists only a few people whom you need certain items to have visit (like Prof. Rowan and Gardenia), but what of the others? And when/how often do visits occur?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Is there anyplace that has more detailed information on the Platinum Villa than what's on Serebii or Bulbapedia? I particularly want to know if there's some sort of schedule or criteria for people to visit, since it lists only a few people whom you need certain items to have visit (like Prof. Rowan and Gardenia), but what of the others? And when/how often do visits occur?

Johanna > Table
    Lucas/Dawn > Small sofa
    Prof. Rowan > Bookshelf
    Gardenia > Houseplant
    Piano > Cynthia

I think the visits are randomly generated for each day, like the trainer cafe. I am not sure, so don't quote me for this.

I have had Crasher Wake / Fantina appear in my house too, so I don't know how that plays in.

Last edited:

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • I meant Intimidate's overworld effect. If you have a Pokemon with Intimidate on the frontlines, Pokemon are less likely to appear -- the same effect as Cleanse Tag. In fact, Keen Eye has the same overworld effect, but you can't have two abilities at the same time, so I didn't mention it. Black Flute temporarily reduces the amount of Pokemon seen, but does NOT have the same effect as Repel. It merely decreases the frequency of appearance rate.

My question was if you could combine these effects to reduce the amount of Pokemon you see without having to use Repel.
    Yes you can stack these to achieve an encounter rate lower than any other also having a higher level on said pokemon will help

That said a lv. 100 pokemon with the intimidate ability and a cleanse tag/incense on it while using max repel then using black flute will lower your encounter rate significantly

Last edited:

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I have a few questions about Duskull
    1. Were can I find one ?
    2. When does it evolve ?
    3.How do you get a Dusknoir do you train it or trade it ?

Years
  • 1. In D/P, it's on route 224. It's a Pokeradar Pokemon.
    In Platinum, it's on Route 209 (night), Lost Tower (night), and Turnback Cave.
    2. It evolves into Dusclops at lv. 37.
    3. You trade it while it is holding a Reaper Cloth which you can find in Route 229 in D/P and Acuity Lakefront in Platinum.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Johanna > Table
    Lucas/Dawn > Small sofa
    Prof. Rowan > Bookshelf
    Gardenia > Houseplant
    Piano > Cynthia

I think the visits are randomly generated for each day, like the trainer cafe. I am not sure, so don't quote me for this.

I have had Crasher Wake / Fantina appear in my house too, so I don't know how that plays in.
    See, that was the info I'd already found. I was just wondering if at least one site had gone more in-depth with it like maybe extracted data on who comes when and the other folks that apparently don't require a certain item. The info that's out is so vague.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I accidently used a action replay code to get the national dex, but it didn't fill my sinnoh dex, so then i went and filled my dex the hard way. I found out i was not given a poke radar, and i am not allowed to go to no area except the battle frontier. I can get to places like the migration station, and catching the legend birds.

Can i fix this without restarting my game??
    If you have Pokesav, I'm pretty sure you can downgrade back to a Sinnoh Pokedex.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    No I don't think it does because they are all in normal pokeballs and I tend no to have many or none when they hatch

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Question: everytime a pokemon hatches from an egg, does it take up one of your pokeballs?
    No. That way, if you only say have the Master Ball or something like that, then it won't go ahead and use that, which is good.

Back