• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
  • I was watching a video on you tube about a boy cloning pokemon through the GTS. He waited till the lil' clock made 3 n 1/2 spins... So my question is... Is it 3 1/2 spins on all modems, also, if anything goes wrong can the game data be erased?

It's different for every modem. Mine goes around 7 spins and i have to reset maybe on 7.2. Just see how long it takes you by letting the pokemon send and then take it back. Also i'm not sure about the second question. So i don't know i've cloned over 100 pokemon now and didn''t have any problems. So i would say no.

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    On mine, It's 8 spins. No it won't erase your data, it will come up with a ablue error message if you did it correctly, but it will just take off where you lat saved.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • ok, so I send the pokemon and take it back and count how many spins gave the clock and then what i do?

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    You watched the video...-_- You don't take it back before you do the clock spin counting...UGHHH!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Quick question about Technician --
    When are the bonuses applied?

Say if my attack is 50 power and it STABs up to 75, will I get another 1.5x bonus for that?
    What if it is 40 power and it super-effectives up to 80?

I'm not sure this is the place so sorry if not.
    What are the in-game trades in D\P\Pt?

Machop > KAZZA (Abra) @ Oran Berry <Oreburgh>
    Buizel > CHARAP (Chatot) @ Leppa Berry <Eterna>
    Medicham > GASPAR (Haunter) @ Everstone <Snowpoint>
    Finneon > FOPPA (German version of Magikarp) @ Lum Berry <Route 226>

Last edited:

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    is it just me or does the bicycle in platinum still only have 2 gears?even tho the guy talks about gears 3 and 4?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Quick question about Technician --
    When are the bonuses applied?

Say if my attack is 50 power and it STABs up to 75, will I get another 1.5x bonus for that?
    What if it is 40 power and it super-effectives up to 80?

The Technician boost should factor in before calculating for STAB, and definitely before calculating for super-effective hits.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Yeah, Forci has it right, it calculates Technician before anything, for example, a Scyther using Aerial Ace will still get both STAB and Technician, as STAB gets factored in afterward.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I was just thinking about this, but if a pokemon uses Pursuit on a pokemon switching out, does it get technician bonus as well? I don't think it would because the base power is increased because of the switch, but does anyone have a definite answer?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • No, Technician is always factored first, so it still gets the Technician boost, even for a powered up Pursuit.

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
  • What is the term "uber" mean like in the wobbuffet thread posted? I'm sorry if that is a very simple question but I have never heard that before. I have a level 85 wobbuffet that is on his way to 100.

Years
  • Ubers are basically Pokemon that are too strong for standard play. Typically, they aren't easily countered. The definition of a counter is a single Pokemon that can be switched in safely and is almost guaranteed to KO the opposing Pokemon. While some legendaries fit the criteria due to having high stats or powerful moves, other Pokemon like Wobbuffet and Garchomp can be considered ubers as well since most of the time, it will take 2 Pokemon to bring them down

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Rotom questions

Is it possible to catch a rotom that doesn't have a Lax personality?

Is it possible to catch more than one rotom?

If you can catch two rotoms,is it possble to breed them to get a rotom egg?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    hi wad should be ev spread be if i wanna train a pikachu with surf and volt tackle as a must and have +speed -sp def nature.

Back