• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Thanks, but what I'm asking is for the things you do AFTER the E4 do you need fly? Cause I wana make teams and do battle tower, ect. And most pokemon with fly I just can't use in my teams, + I hate ubers

Years
  • Just use an HM slave and teach it Fly. That way, you don't need to teach Fly to the Pokemon that is going to be using for the Battle Tower or against friends. Deposit the HM slave with Fly in the PC if you don't need to travel around Sinnoh anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Thanks a lot :) :) How do I know when my ev's are like in effect as well? Cause the pokes im fighting for ev's wont level me up, so how do i get the ev's and level up w/o messing em up?

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    Question about EV training

I am working on EV training a Croconaw. So far, it has 106 attack EVs and 0 of everything else. I wanted to use proteins to raise its evs, but it says it has no effect. Why?

Years
  • EV points are in effect as soon as you earn them. Unfortunately, it is hard to tell the difference if your Pokemon are in the lower levels but the extra stat boost you earn from EV training will be slowly given to you until it reaches Level 100.

If you are afraid you messed up on EV training, you can always use berries that can lower the EV points of one stat:

Pomeg Berry: Lowers Effort Points for HP by 10 Points
    Kelpsy Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Attack by 10 Points
    Qualot Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Defense by 10 Points
    Hondew Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Special Attack by 10 Points
    Grepa Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Special Defense by 10 Points
    Tamato Berry: Lower Effort Points for Speed by 10 Points

Feed it to them until your Pokemon can't either eat it anymore or you get the message saying *insert stat* can't go lower anymore. That is when you know it has 0 EVs in that particular stat again.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I think my rival's name is Lee.
    A good friend (and rival) from school!

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • I think Ducky means the official name. Lucas is obviously the opposite gender of you trainer Rival, Rowan's assistant, and I believe the Blondie isn't officially named.. as far as I know.

Years
  • I think Ducky means the official name. Lucas is obviously the opposite gender of you trainer Rival, Rowan's assistant, and I believe the Blondie isn't officially named.. as far as I know.

Yes, not what you named him. By default the rival is the second game in the release, which would be Pearl, but I've seen some sites call him Damion and Barry. I just don't know what to think...!

Amicus said:
    There's a semi-long explanation, but it's Barry.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Barry
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pearl_(game)

The links above might explain it to you, or confuse you more.

Already read that, and anime counterpart =/= game character. I believe Bulbapedia explains that also.

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    The Vitamins only work if you have less than 100 EVs in that stat and less than 510 total. Since 106 > 100, the Protein will have no effect.

:( wish the EV guide I used had said that...
    Thanks tho

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
  • May-be I am looking wrong or something but in the GTS when it shows what the person wants, it doesn't say what level they want it. Sometimes it shows they want bulbasaur (example) and I get my hopes up, I have plenty of Bulbasaurs... but when I try to trade the bulbasaur will be dark like it isn't what they are looking for. Am I missing something simple or is that the way it is?
    Also, if you don't trade for a while does it always only show 3 people? After I do trade then it will bring in 5 people. That kinda stinks.
    If there is a place that discusses these little things, please, let me know so I can be informed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Does a pokemon holding an exp share get ev's when a pokemon faints?

and

Is there a way to get the swarm pokemon of your choice?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Does a pokemon holding an exp share get ev's when a pokemon faints?

and

Is there a way to get the swarm pokemon of your choice?

If I could write a three-word post, it would say:
    Yes and no.

Yes, EVs are passed through the EXP. Share.
    No, there is no way to control what swarms each day.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • How many gravelors will I need to kill for max Defence EV's A.K.A. 252 max if I have a power belt or band w/e helps the defence and Pokerus. No vitamins I am saving those for my special defence.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • How many gravelors will I need to kill for max Defence EV's A.K.A. 252 max if I have a power belt or band w/e helps the defence and Pokerus. No vitamins I am saving those for my special defence.

Gravelers offer 2 DEF EVs per. PokeRus bumps that up to 4.
    Power Bracer gives you 4 DEF EVs per Pokemon fought. PokeRus makes that 8.

So, then you will get 12 EVs per Graveler, and you want 252 to max it out.
    You want 21.

Also, you can use 10 Iron and 10 Calcium. Having 100 EVs in another stat will not stop you from using the vitamins for one stat.

Back