• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • 10 vitamins max for each stat. Also, keep in mind that the EVs in those stats have to be under 100 and less than 510 total in order for the Vitamins to take effect.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • So say like you're gonna max 252 EVs for different stats to make a perfect 510 EV stat. Is it recommended to use 10 vitamins for both of those EV stats? 252 for 10 vitamins and the other 252 for 10 vitamins equal up to 510 EVs. So how many gravelors will I need to kill to max 252 defence EVs while I have PKRS, Power Belt, and 100 vitamins.

Last edited:

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • So say like you're gonna max 252 EVs for different stats to make a perfect 510 EV stat. Is it recommended to use 10 vitamins for both of those EV stats? 252 for 10 vitamins and the other 252 for 10 vitamins equal up to 510 EVs. So how many gravelors will I need to kill to max 252 defence EVs while I have PKRS, Power Belt, and 100 vitamins.
    (I'm not the person you're asking but i'll answer anyway)

If you would like to save time, Use your 10 vitamins on whichever stat your raising(We'll use Defense for example). It will put 100 EVs in that stat. For the second question;

So now your at 100 EVs in defence and only require 152 more. Take off the power item and go faint 1 Geodude for those 2 EVs to get them out of the way (with pokerus) So now you have 102 EVs. I would reccomend fainting pokemon that give 1 EVs (With pokerus + power item a pokemon that gives off 1 EVs = 10 EVs) Put you're power item back on now. And go faint 15 more Geodudes for the remaining 150 EVs.

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • (I'm not the person you're asking but i'll answer anyway)

If you would like to save time, Use your 10 vitamins on whichever stat your raising(We'll use Defense for example). It will put 100 EVs in that stat. For the second question;

So now your at 100 EVs in defence and only require 152 more. Take off the power item and go faint 1 Geodude for those 2 EVs to get them out of the way (with pokerus) So now you have 102 EVs. I would reccomend fainting pokemon that give 1 EVs (With pokerus + power item a pokemon that gives off 1 EVs = 10 EVs) Put you're power item back on now. And go faint 15 more Geodudes for the remaining 150 EVs.

Thanks for the recomendation but I'm not about complete accuracy. I am about speed. It will still give me the same results. Even if I overkill 1 gravelor it is not gonna do anything since defence EVs can no longer go up. So I can just start on my special defence EVs. So anyone have any solutions on how many gravelors I will have to kill if I have PKRS, 10 defence vitamins, and a power belt?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Thanks for the recomendation but I'm not about complete accuracy. I am about speed. It will still give me the same results. Even if I overkill 1 gravelor it is not gonna do anything since defence EVs can no longer go up. So I can just start on my special defence EVs. So anyone have any solutions on how many gravelors I will have to kill if I have PKRS, 10 defence vitamins, and a power belt?

Wrong. EVs go up to 252 in effect, but you can allot 255 of them within a single stat. That means when you max out two stats (with 255), you will use all 510 of your EVs, but if you only use the maximum effectual value of 252, you use 504 EVs, which leaves 6 for another stat. Only four of those will work, but it's still something that would have been wasted otherwise.

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    EV Training + Elite 4

I just finished EV training my Electivire at level 84, but now I want to train my Electivire to level 100. Since my Electivire's EV spread is maxed out already at 510 EVs, can I fight the Elite 4 for some XP and not screw up my EV spread?

Also, If you have a better place to train pokemon other than the Elite 4, please say so.

Years
  • Yes. After you get all 510 EVs, you can battle anyone without screwing up your EVs.

Personally, I feel that re-battling the Ace Trainer with the Blissey on Route 228 is much quicker since you don't have to sit through the whole event of entering the Hall of Fame and Blissey gives a whole lot of experience. Also, in Platinum, I believe there are trainers with Blissey in the Backlot Mansion as well.

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • So any idea how many gravelers I will have to kill?

Can you rephrase the question, in order for someone to help you figure out how many gravelers you have to beat, you have to tell us the number of Evs you want get in Defense.

Like 126 Def Evs for example, you'd have to defeat 63 gravelers in order to claim those Evs.

Years
  • It depends on what you mean by affecting EVs. All Pokemon that gain experience in battle gain the same amount of initial EVs. Meaning that if I battle a Bidoof (1 HP) while I have a Wigglytuff out and an Igglybuff holding an Exp. Share, they will both gain 1 HP EV.

Does this help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It depends on what you mean by affecting EVs. All Pokemon that gain experience in battle gain the same amount of initial EVs. Meaning that if I battle a Bidoof (1 HP) while I have a Wigglytuff out and an Igglybuff holding an Exp. Share, they will both gain 1 HP EV.

Does this help?

Yes this helps thank you very much. :)

Back