• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does Ground-Type moves such as earthquake effect Skarmory?

Ground type moves do not effect Skarmory. The reason why is because Skarmory is also a flying type.

A great place to check where a pokemon move would effect a pokemon or not, is on serebii.net.

Hope this helped.

Years
  • Does Ground-Type moves such as earthquake effect Skarmory?

True, ~Morning Bliss~, but take into consideration Roost, a move commonly used by Skarmory for healing. If the Pokemon that uses Roost is faster than the opponent, then the Roosting Pokemon loses its Flying type for the rest of the turn. This would make Earthquake Super Effective in this situation.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • In route 214 the ruin maniac asks for a race he digs while catch unowns i have 6 Unowns but he still says the race thing so how can i stop him from talking about the race and reach the maniac tunnel?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Maybe I'm just crazy.
    But I thought there were different wallpapers you could obtain for you PC Boxes, does anybody know how to get those? Or am I just crazy?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    i just catched both mesprit and cresselia, it aint that hard.
    i used a gallade with mean look, hypnosis and false swipe.
    bred a female ralts with a male gastly that knows mean look until you get a male ralts with mean look. then level it up (without evolving) to level 43 so it learns hypnosis. then let it evolve to kirlia. use a dawn stone, then level gallade up to level 45 so it can learn false swipe.
    i used dusk balls, theyre the best damn thing to get these pokemon. (use them at night, otherwise they wont have the same effect)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Getting The Right Non-Bred Pokemon?

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the right IVs, Nature on non-bred pokemons.

Basically, has anyone got any tips or advice on catching a Legendary (ie. Heatran) with good IVs and nature? Or is it simply just catch over and over again until its right?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the right IVs, Nature on non-bred pokemons.

Basically, has anyone got any tips or advice on catching a Legendary (ie. Heatran) with good IVs and nature? Or is it simply just catch over and over again until its right?

What I marked in bold is the correct thing to do. You simply keep resetting and catching the Pokemon of your choice until you get the nature that benefits you and the Pokemon. Serebii does have an IV Calculator which I find very helpful in a situation like this. If you would like to visit it and check it out to help you more, simply Click Here. I hoped this helped.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    What I marked in bold is the correct thing to do. You simply keep resetting and catching the Pokemon of your choice until you get the nature that benefits you and the Pokemon. Serebii does have an IV Calculator which I find very helpful in a situation like this. If you would like to visit it and check it out to help you more, I hoped this helped.

Shamefully, I did think this was the only solution to the problem but I wasn't sure. I mean there's that Abra Ability, (synchronize is it?), which increases the chances of finding the right natured wild pokemon, but i don't think there is anything for IVs other then luck.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Shamefully, I did think this was the only solution to the problem but I wasn't sure. I mean there's that Abra Ability, (synchronize is it?), which increases the chances of finding the right natured wild pokemon, but i don't think there is anything for IVs other then luck.

Oh yes, synchronize helps out a lot. Though if you want to do that, then get an Abra or whatever pokemon you want to use that has synchronize, with the nature you want. Then try catching the pokemon you want, and that will raise your chances for the right nature. As you said IV's are by pure luck or by the right breeding.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Hey, I've seen on some competitive battling sites that Blissey can learn Wish, but I don't see how. I've only ever seen Chansey/Blissey wish Healing Wish.

So is there any way outside of cheating to get Wish on Blissey, or are said sites just mistaking it for Healing Wish?

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Mystery Gift and Other Things?

• Does things like Mystery Gifts from Pokemon Battle Revolution allowed to go to Platinum or does it only go to Diamond and Pearl?
    • Can you get the level 50 presents from PBR at any point in those games?
    • Can you Wifi Mystery Gift?
    • Does Mystery Gifting with someone trade random items or we just give items or does an item just appear?
    • If Yes to #2 anyone wanna mystery gift with me?

a.new.bent

likes fire
    Years
  • Blissey can't learn wish under normal circumstances but, I believe a chansey with wish may have obtainable through a giveaway.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Years
  • My sources tell me that Chansey with Wish were given away in a New York Pokemon Center event that is now over. So, you're right, a.new.bent. In addition, it can only be Calm/Modest nature.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am in desperate need of a Poffin-making guide. I just can't seem to make that ideal balance of high flavor and low smoothness. What is the best way to make the ideal Poffin?

Well the only thing you can do is try to keep your pace on making them fast and steady and try not to spill. That will make your poffins even greater. Going medium slow isn't the best way because then you won't be able to get high leveled poffins. Also, try not to burn the poffins at all. If you mess up by spilling or burning the poffins, then you will lose a chance at getting a high leveled poffin. Don't forget to use high quality berries. Serebii has a place where you can check the firm level of the berries, and the size of the berries. If you want to check the firm level and size of the berries to help you make better poffins, Click Here. I hope this helped.

Back