• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • If you don't have the Mystery Gift option enabled on the "continue" screen, you first need to enable it. You do this by talking a person on the third floor of the Jubilife TV. The person will ask you two questions. To the first, you answer "EVERYONE" "HAPPY" ("みんな" "ハッピー" if it's JP Plat). To the second, you answer "Wi-Fi" "CONNECTION" ("Wi-Fi" "つうしん" if JP Plat). Now he will say that he will "pull some strings for you" and you will have Wi-Fi enabled on the "continue" screen.

Once you have Mystery Gift on the continue screen, simply go to Receive Gift and choose "Get via Nintendo WFC". Does this help?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon Ranch only allows the game cartridge that deposited the Pokemon to take them back. That means that if you put in Pokemon from your Diamond, only that Diamond can take those Pokemon back; not Platinum, Pearl, or another Diamond.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I need help beating Fantina on Platinum lol.I've done it on Diamond but this is different.What strategy did you use?I use Luxio's bite alot but he dies =/
    Should I get Buneary+Foresight?
    You could get a Rotom(it's available in Eterna Forest's OId Chateau at night, in Pt it's available before the NDex too ;)) and level it up until it learns a Ghost-type Move and use that against her, or you could teach some other of your Pokémons a Dark-type move; Fantina is incredibly hard at that point in the game, certainly the hardest Gym Leader in Sinnoh(even the 8th Gym was easier!), so good luck!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • Heres a quick question, and pardon my ignorance.

Why does my Cherrim like to conceal itself inside its purple berry-like coccoon? I would love for it to come out xD
    What do I have to do?

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • I've got an in-depth question about Berries that I have yet gotten an answer on.

Once the berry-tree bears fruit, if you continue watering the tree after that point, will more berries appear? The game says "There are 2 berries on the tree, wanna pick?" and if you press B, you get asked if you want to sprinkle some water. Yeah, an answer would make me happy.

Cheers!

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Once you pick the berries from a tree, that particular tree disappears. If you plant a berry in that location, it will turn into another tree. You can get more berries from the tree by watering it and using mulch instead of picking the fruit. Depending on what mulch you use, how often you water the plant, and how many times you let the berries fall and grow back again, you can grow a maximum of 15 berries on one tree.

Sorry for the lack of humanity in that post.

Cooltrainer Nick♂

Almost ready to battle again!
    Years
  • Is it really terrible that I used my friend's cheat cartridge to get Raikou onto my Pearl save, and then trade it across to my Platinum save?
    I thought I was doing something terrible... but I realised, HeartGold and SoulSilver are out (relatively) soon, and I could've traded it over from that when it comes out.
    So, I figure I'm just getting it so I don't have to wait that long.
    So yeah. Am I going to PokéHell?
    Haha.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • As long as you don't trade the Raikou or battle online with it.

If you feel really guilty, just release the Pokemon.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Most likely you won't, just set the catched Area(if you can) to Kanto(FR/LG), and it will almost be legit; since you could get it in those games if you picked Squirtle as Starter.
    Anyone know if it will be legit for me to have a (hacked) Shaymin if i went to a Shaymin-event with my new Platinum, only to discover that it was exclusive to DP, and my Pearl had just been stolen...?

Cooltrainer Nick♂

Years
  • As long as you don't trade the Raikou or battle online with it.

If you feel really guilty, just release the Pokemon.

There is nothing special about the Raikou, I simply caught one and traded it over. :]
    It's not hacked in any other way.. So, I don't think it'd be that bad to use it online? :/

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Anyone know if it will be legit for me to have a (hacked) Shaymin if i went to a Shaymin-event with my new Platinum, only to discover that it was exclusive to DP, and my Pearl had just been stolen...?
    If there is any shaymin events, you will receive a Shaymin, therefore it won't matter if you have a hacked Shaymin or not. And most events cover all three versions, so you could probably get one in ur platinum.

There is nothing special about the Raikou, I simply caught one and traded it over. :]
    It's not hacked in any other way.. So, I don't think it'd be that bad to use it online? :/
    Honestly, I use Pokemon that weren't caught legitamately(sp?), so I think it would be okay online, as long as the moveset, EVs, IVs, abilty, stats, and level of the pokemon are legit(i.e. no level 32 Dragonites in a Free Battle that know Eruption with 670 total EVs).

Last edited:

Cooltrainer Nick♂

Years
  • If there is any shaymin events, you will receive a Shaymin, therefore it won't matter if you have a hacked Shaymin or not. And most events cover all three versions, so you could probably get one in ur platinum.

Honestly, I use Pokemon that weren't caught legitamately(sp?), so I think it would be okay online, as long as the moveset, EVs, IVs, abilty, stats, and level of the pokemon are legit(i.e. no level 32 Dragonites in a Free Battle that know Eruption with 670 total EVs).

Yeah that's what I thought. :]
    I didn't change its stats or anything. I trained it completely legit.
    I've been thinking and I don't feel too bad about using it online, if/when it comes to it.
    I've battled somebody who used a Suicune anyway, there's no way that's gettable other than the stupid insane method..
    Actually I don't even know if this is possible?

GBColour version of Gold/Silver > Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald > Pearl > Platinum
    Is that possible? xD

So um, yeah I'm rambling.. ._.'
    I don't feel bad about it anymore. ;D

Back