• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    Wait you guys are right I'm having a dumb couple of days. Thanks for pointing that out. And Thanks for your guy's help.

So I guess this thread can be locked. Thanks for you help again.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    From what I know it's impossible to clear the "Sheen" and "Feel count off of your Pokemon. (For More Info about those two terms click here.)

The only thing I can think of is.. Pokesav

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    If my pokemon is LV 100 and UT, can I still EV train it?
    Will his stat grows?

Unless I'm mistaken, I was aware that you could feed vitamins to a pokémon and gain the EVs, though I'm not sure of the conditions to see the stat boosts. I may, however, be mistaken.

i'm gonna catch an absol to add to my team. i was wondering what would be the best nature for an absol.
    thnks.

Jolly, definitely. Wait, is this for competitive battle? I assume not.

ok now a question please:

does anyone know if it is possible, with poffin eating, to "start again" ?? and take off the characteristics (beaty etc) I'm guessing no but I would like to know for sure

Just rebreed the pokémon. Most internal characteristics don't affect how well a pokémon will do in a contest (if that is in fact what you're using it for), and if the pokémon you want to use for the contests is male, then you can simply breed his moves (which are presumably the same type as the contest you want to win) onto the baby pokémon.

MurdaRisk said:
    Not sure where to post this but i have 2 event pokemon that i question if they are legit and i was wondering if you guys could help me out in determine if they are not legit. Everything looks ok with both pokes except for the ID no. and date. First one is Alamos Darkrai Its ID no is 10308 and the date captured was oct 31 2008. The last one is a TRU Shaymin its id no is 02089 and its captured date was Mar 27 2009.
    Thanks for the help

For reference, if you need help determining the legitimacy of a pokémon whose event happened before January 20th, the Events List would be the right place to check. Judging by that, the Darkrai is an Australian Alamos Darkrai. However, since the TRU Shaymin event happened after January 20th, I'll just have to use my own knowledge. Now, the ID number is correct, so that clears, but the date doesn't necessarily clear. The TRU Shaymin event happened from February 8-14, not in March. That doesn't mean it's not legit, as it doesn't matter what day you get the WonderCard, it just matters the day you pick the pokémon up from the man in the PokéMart, which technically could be March 27 of this year. I suggest running the stats through an IV checker, to verify its legitimacy (I'll give you a hint: If it has all 31s and 30s, and it has a good nature, chances are it's not legit).

groudonlover said:
    You should put that in the "Are my Pokémon legit" thread...

If a thread isn't stickied, and it hasn't had a new post in over a month, it's going to be locked. Just tellin' ya.

Last edited:

duil

leader of many leagues
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2010
    Pokerush?

does anyone know how to get pokerush to work

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I heard you need to give em meth or an adrenaline pill. (geddit pokerush =D)
    Seriously though its pokerus. Its a virus thing that helps you IV/EV train and its harder to get then the shiny Pokemon.

Years
    You get it from pokemon centers. you put the infected pokemon in your party to infect the rest of your pokemon.If they get that smiley in their picture that means they're cured and can't get it again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Huh? What? No you get it from catching a wild pokemon. Its found on a certain route I dont know which. Then you can check if that pokemon has pokerus if you go to a pokemon center. There will be a message saying: "You pokemon has pokerus" Or something like that.

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    If you go to sunyshore city, go to the route to the left and find a gyarados trainer and a rich kid nearby.
    Just use the vs. seeker alot
    That way you can has training and moneys :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    If you go to sunyshore city, go to the route to the left and find a gyarados trainer and a rich kid nearby.
    Just use the vs. seeker alot
    That way you can has training and moneys :D
    on that route next to VIctory road, theres a trainder with a Metagross. traded pokemon can get up to 6000+ experience by fighting the trainer

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    I have a question, Where is a lady who tell me, and give me a Special Ribbon If my pokemon already has the ev´d distribuided?
    in Sunyshore City, its the building that kinda looks like a surf shop. at least thats what i think it looks like, its up and to the left i think of the pokemon center

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    Breeding

Im breeding my charizard and garchomp how long should it take? And does the time depend on the two pokemon that are breeding? And i already know the breeding groups. (i just match them up by either specices or if they look alike XD )

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Is all of the text in Japanese versions of games Katakana? I think all the names of the Pokémon are, but I am unsure as to the text in-game.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I think you get a chance for an egg after a certain amount of steps (256, if I remember correctly). I had to look it up after standing around for a good chunk of time with no results. What I did to speed it up was head over to the biking path and allowed myself to fall down the road until an egg popped up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    New to DS, new to Pokemon

Hey I just bought a DS and wanna get a Pokemon game, but I don't know what one to get!

I was thinking Platinum, but I don't want to miss out on any of the interactive features between other Pokemon games like the Mystery dungeons. I heard there is a secret pokemon in them that you can get for Diamond or Pearl. Is it worth it?

But then there is the Explorer's of the Sky coming out soon as well. Will that have a Pokemon you can trade into Platinum? But I also don't want to get that one if it's a continuation of the story from Explorer's of Dark or Time! Confusing!!

Halp?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    First there are no secret Pokemon in the mystery dungeon games for DP. Second get platinum for the fact that it blows DP out of the water. Third you could always wait for hgss in 2010...

Cid

Years
    You should get Platinum. It's WAY better than DP.
    And I don't know of any available PMD2 interactions with DPP at all.

I suggest that if you have Time or Darkness already, then don't get Sky unless you're really a fan of the PMD series. It really depends on you, though judging from the screenshots given, it looks similar to Time and Darkness, even the story. I don't think it's story is a continuation of the PMD2 storyline, though. I do have Time and I ain't getting it.

If you only have money for one game only, then maybe you can wait for HGSS in 2010, as Todoroki said.
    It'd probably be worth the wait if I were you.

Back