• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    does the guy in the house at the cliff behind the survival area, ever do anything?

and is there a way to duplicate tms without cloning?

RGS

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Here's a question: If I gave my Togekiss with Serene Grace a King's Rock, would it boost the chance of flinching from Air Slash to over 70%? Air Slash has a 30% chance of making the foe flinch, multiplied by 2 thanks to Serene Grace.

RGS

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Thanks for the quick answer. I suppose a 60% flinch rate is still good though.

At level 10 and counting, what can my Togekiss train on to increase its speed?

Last edited:
    Years
  • VS Seeker: trainer updates?

I was wondering how trainers are 'updated' (when they get a little bit stronger).
    Do they get stronger after certain events (like getting a badge), or every time you use the VS Seeker?
    And how many times can a trainer get stronger?

Thanks in advance

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
  • i have several ev'd pokemon, but i would like to ev a pokemon my self

i have choosen togepi to ev, its currently Naughty Nature lv 1, i can breed for diff natures, i was wondering what i should ev it in and what and the amount of pokemon i would have to kill to do so PM with your responses please.

Thanks =)

jaipr

PkMn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Are my Pokemon underleveled?

I keep thinking my Pokemon are too weak - I've beaten the Elite Four, but I barely scraped through, and I used well in excess of 20 revives. Here's the team I used for the Elite Four:

Empoleon - Level 60
    Giratina - Level 53
    Luxray - Level 47
    Rapidash - Level 53
    Machamp - Level 41
    Staraptor - Level 45

I only really used the first two, by the way. :cool:
    What do you think? Should I have leveled them up more?

Jai

Valo

Years
  • Meh, I'm at the last gym on LeafGreen and I easily took down Moltres and Articuno with a Level 36 Raichu (accidental, had to reset. But Articuno was shiny after I soft resetted so I'm good :))

No problems with Blaine. So I think if you know how to use them, you have the right movesets, it doesn't matter terribly much. If you have the patience to train, go ahead. I don't :p

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Good gravy what's with the level disparity between your Empoleon and your Machamp? Ovarall, they average to be a decent enough level, but try to close that gap to about 4-5 levels. :P

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    You need to get up Empoleon's speed because there's Heracross and Gallade with fighting moves, ground types with Earthquake, and more. Keep Giratina in your team. It's the only reason I won against
    Spoiler:
    yesterday. This may take some time, but if you're desperate you should replace Staraptor with Altaria because Altaria covers more resistances. I only sent mine out so I can use revives.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • does the guy in the house at the cliff behind the survival area, ever do anything?

and is there a way to duplicate tms without cloning?

1. I don't know what guy you are referring to.
    2. No, but obviously, some TMs can be obtained multiple times in the same game, and others infinitely as many times.

Here's a question: If I gave my Togekiss with Serene Grace a King's Rock, would it boost the chance of flinching from Air Slash to over 70%? Air Slash has a 30% chance of making the foe flinch, multiplied by 2 thanks to Serene Grace.

Slightly off-topic, but King's Rock actually has an 11.7% proc chance.

Thanks for the quick answer. I suppose a 60% flinch rate is still good though.

At level 10 and counting, what can my Togekiss train on to increase its speed?

Magikarp, probably.

Started up a ne run through Pearl today, Traded a slowpoke egg over from diamond, hatched it leveld up to 14 in the grass + against trainers, went to Jubilife city, then to Oreburgh beat Roark: Thats the start of my slowpoke run:

Slowpoke- 18

Wrong thread.

i have several ev'd pokemon, but i would like to ev a pokemon my self

i have choosen togepi to ev, its currently Naughty Nature lv 1, i can breed for diff natures, i was wondering what i should ev it in and what and the amount of pokemon i would have to kill to do so PM with your responses please.

Thanks =)

It depends what you want your build to be and whether you have any of the "Power" items or the Macho Brace. It also matters if you are willing to shell out thousands of P-money to buy stat-enhancing vitamins.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • I had a question that I've been wondering about for sometime now, and if I could get an answer it would make life a little easier when training Pokemon lol >_<

When EV training a Pokemon, does anyone know the order that the game distributes EV points? For example, say I knocked out a Magikarp to get 1 EV in speed, but my Pokemon was holding a Power Lens so that I could additionally get 4 EVs in SpAtk, which stat gets added up first?

I'm guessing that the first one to be added is what you get from the Pokemon that you knock out and then power items are factored in, (so in the case above, 1 goes to speed then four go to SpAtk) but I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure :P

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
  • i would advise training these a bit more as they are quite low compared to your others

Machamp - Level 41
    Staraptor - Level 45

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I keep thinking my Pokemon are too weak - I've beaten the Elite Four, but I barely scraped through, and I used well in excess of 20 revives. Here's the team I used for the Elite Four:

Empoleon - Level 60
    Giratina - Level 53
    Luxray - Level 47
    Rapidash - Level 53
    Machamp - Level 41
    Staraptor - Level 45

I only really used the first two, by the way. :cool:
    What do you think? Should I have leveled them up more?

Jai

They are fine except for Machamp. Realize that the majority of people over train before the league so most of this thread will tell you that all your guys should be level 60. But I like you got through with level 47-50.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I always train my pokemon to be no more than 1-2 levels away from each other.

I had to be like level 60 to beat that elite four. It was because of the types I chose, but it's my ultimate team, so I just kept training. And then later I figured out I was using the types wrong anyways >.> I'm such a space cadet sometimes.

Back