• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I know that with every new Pokemon added to a chain increases the chance of a shiny until it peaks at 40 and stays there. Exactly what is the percent at a 40 plus chain?

Years
  • The shiny formula using the Pokeradar is (14747 - 40 x (chain number; max 40)) / 2621440 x (41 - chain number; max 40)
    When you substitute a 40 in for both of these, it simplifies to 13147/2621440 which is roughly 1/200, so you have about a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny Pokemon with a 40+ chain with the Pokeradar.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • If you are EV training a pokemon and it evolves, does it keep the same EV's it had before it evolved?

Edit: Thanks "mondays suck", this is great news to me because I thought I had a crap load of EV training to do again :D

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • A couple of questions in case anyone here knows the answers:

1) If I knock out a roaming legendary and then beat the Pokemon League again to regenerate it. Does it have a different nature?

2) I've sent Manaphy over to my Platinum. If I restarted Ranger, could I send a Manaphy over to my Diamond then? Furthermore if I then restarted both Ranger and Diamond again, would I be able to send yet another Manaphy over?

I've looked around for the answers. Anyway, thanks.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    You get the Super Rod from a Fisherman in the Fight Area.

Back