• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    If i use a power weight for ev training hp and i fight a shellos that yeilds 1hp ev will i get +4hp from the power brace as well as +1 from shellos which will amount to +5 hp per shellos or will i just get the +4 from the power weight and does the pokemon you fight not really mater what ev yeild they give?

Thanks in advance

cecropia

is a nerd
    Years
  • Question on how to obtain Eevee from Bebe in Hearthome City (on Diamond version).

Do you need to have a certain amount of Pokemon, experience, gameplay or badges? When I Fly to Hearthome, go right to enter Bebe's house and speak with her (with 5 Pokemon in my party), she talks of tinkering with Bill's PC to make it easier to use, but never offers me Eevee like I was told she would.

Any info is very appreciated!

Also, is it possible to transfer Pokemon from GBAdvance games to my Diamond DS game using only 1 NinDS system? I have FireRed and Emerald for GBA, and one person told me after I beat the Elite Four I can go to Pal Park and capture 6 selected Pokemon, but I'm wondering if I can transfer over my already-evolved Charizard, rather than start anew with a Charmander.

Again thank you for feedback!

Years
  • Question on how to obtain Eevee from Bebe in Hearthome City (on Diamond version).

Do you need to have a certain amount of Pokemon, experience, gameplay or badges? When I Fly to Hearthome, go right to enter Bebe's house and speak with her (with 5 Pokemon in my party), she talks of tinkering with Bill's PC to make it easier to use, but never offers me Eevee like I was told she would.
    In Diamond, Eevees are not a part of the Sinnoh Dex, so you'll have to defeat the Elite Four, get the National Dex, then talk to Bebe for your Eevee. There's no other requirement to my knowledge
    Any info is very appreciated!

Also, is it possible to transfer Pokemon from GBAdvance games to my Diamond DS game using only 1 NinDS system? I have FireRed and Emerald for GBA, and one person told me after I beat the Elite Four I can go to Pal Park and capture 6 selected Pokemon, but I'm wondering if I can transfer over my already-evolved Charizard, rather than start anew with a Charmander.

Again thank you for feedback!
    Once you have your National Dex, you can go to the loading screen (which is where you choose either to load a save file or "New Game"), scroll down, and migrate 6 Pokemon from your GBA game you've inserted into the GBA slot. These 6 Pokemon will have to be in one of your PC Boxes, so if you want to transfer a Pokemon from your party, you need to put it in a PC first. Then, you can load your game, go to Pal Park and capture them. All Pokemon will retain everything from the old game, so evolutions, EVs, IVs, Pokerus, ribbons, even the type of Pokeball they're stored in.

cecropia

is a nerd
    Years
  • In Diamond, Eevees are not a part of the Sinnoh Dex, so you'll have to defeat the Elite Four, get the National Dex, then talk to Bebe for your Eevee. There's no other requirement to my knowledge

Once you have your National Dex, you can go to the loading screen (which is where you choose either to load a save file or "New Game"), scroll down, and migrate 6 Pokemon from your GBA game you've inserted into the GBA slot. These 6 Pokemon will have to be in one of your PC Boxes, so if you want to transfer a Pokemon from your party, you need to put it in a PC first. Then, you can load your game, go to Pal Park and capture them. All Pokemon will retain everything from the old game, so evolutions, EVs, IVs, Pokerus, ribbons, even the type of Pokeball they're stored in.
    Oh! Perfect! Thank you so much. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    A couple of questions in case anyone here knows the answers:

1) If I knock out a roaming legendary and then beat the Pokemon League again to regenerate it. Does it have a different nature?

2) I've sent Manaphy over to my Platinum. If I restarted Ranger, could I send a Manaphy over to my Diamond then? Furthermore if I then restarted both Ranger and Diamond again, would I be able to send yet another Manaphy over?

I've looked around for the answers. Anyway, thanks.

1) When you meet a legendary it's already random--> A Pokemon is generated completely when you meet it.
    Exception: Pokemon eggs --> they're generated/determined when you receive the egg.

2) Hey. It's a pitty , but you can receive Manaphy only once . Even when you reset your game, you won't be able to send it over again. (--> Ranger can only send it once, that actually means that if you want another one, you need to buy a new Ranger game )

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    I need help with EV points :(
    So I think I understand them but before I start spending all this time training let me make sure I know what I am doing. Please tell me if I got it right.

So every pokemon you fight gives EV points ranging from 1-3.
    Every 4 EV points = 1 stat point to the relative stat.
    You can have a max of 255 EV points in one stat but after 510 total EV points you stop gaining them.

So if I wanted to train my Mewtwo in Special Attack I would take him to the Pokemon tower and fight Haunters and Ghastlys until he is at 255 EVs. Then after that he is guaranteed max Special Attack? I can take him to the Elite Four to train his levels and by the time he hits lvl 100 he will be maxed in SpAtk right?

And also I would like to know if this means that only the first 510 EV points matter. For example if I start out with a Charmander and I know exactly how I want his 510 EV points to be distributed I would have to not use him in the beginning to prevent him from gaining the wrong EVs? I would have to catch another Pokemon to fight until I get to good places to EV train my Charmander?

Sorry my question is so lengthy but I dont want to start training and find I did it all wrong :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    You're doing it fine with the EV's. Also the example of your Mewtwo and his special attack was really good. (His base sp Atk is very high , great job there !) It's always a pleasure to see people who battle and train that way.

Greetings

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Hello!

So, I'm kinda new to the whole EV training thing, but I want to EV train my Darkrai in Sp. Atk and Speed. My question to you lot is:

When EV training in Sp. Atk, would it be better for me to get Darkrai to hold a Power Lens or a... Macho Brace?

Thank you!
    xX

Years
  • Hello!

So, I'm kinda new to the whole EV training thing, but I want to EV train my Darkrai in Sp. Atk and Speed. My question to you lot is:

When EV training in Sp. Atk, would it be better for me to get Darkrai to hold a Power Lens or a... Macho Brace?

Thank you!
    xX
    A Power Lens is more advisable, according to Serebii anyway.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I would not suggest training your pokemon to have 255 EVs in 2 stats because 4 of those EVs go to waste (don't split the 6 EVs in half between the two stats). If you want to max out two stats, the EV set must be 252/252/4. Otherwise, yes, you're doing it right.

@Shiny Shaymin
    You can't actually name your party, if that's what you mean. If you mean naming your pokemon, there's an old man in the big building in Eterna City to the south and east of the Pokemon Center who will change your pokemon's nicknames.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    @Shiny Shaymin
    You can't actually name your party, if that's what you mean. If you mean naming your pokemon, there's an old man in the big building in Eterna City to the south and east of the Pokemon Center who will change your pokemon's nicknames.

Oh, OK. But in the Strategy section thingy of PC, when people show off their parties, they give it a name. So that made me think you could name it...

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    .... There seems to be a lot of questions about EV's, so let me be another questioner, what on Earth does this mean?

Torterra, Naughty, Lv.32 - HP: 105 (8/0) | Atk: 86 (15/0) | Def: 80 (26/0) | Sp.Atk: 56 (11/0) | Sp.Def: 62 (30/0) | Spd: 48 (24/0) | Hidden Power: 64, ROCK | Format: stat (IV/EP)

This was obtained through the Serebii calculator obviously

Back