• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
  • It just happens any time. I don't know what particular dates it happens though.

I had it on my Platinum game not long ago.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • On January 10, 2008, Junichi Masuda posted a blog entry urging players to play their Diamond or Pearl January 12. On that day, the same day as Masuda's birthday, a weather effect called diamond dust occurred in Snowpoint City, replacing the usual snow. It resembles glitter in the air. It is purely aesthetic, since it only occurs within the city where no battles are possible. It has been determined that other special weather conditions such as thunderstorms happen on predetermined days throughout the year.

In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, diamond dust can be seen in Mt. Silver.

Quoted from Bulbapedia.
    And it does happen every year.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I've chained around 10 pokemon so far and have gotten 10 shinys. However I read somewhere on a chaining guide that chaining mansion pokemon is harder than regular pokemon. Can anybody clarify this and if its true can anyone tell me why? I just want to chain an Evee thats in the mansion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    How I can get spiritomb in platinum?

In order to obtain Spiritomb through the Underground, you must have a friend with the game Diamond, Pearl or Platinum and you have to have the Odd Keystone you can recieve from a guy East of Hearthome City by the Berry Master's home. Another way to recieve the Odd Keystone is by digging in the Underground.

After having the things you need to complete the process, at least one of you should have a Secret Base and you must talk to your friend exactly 32 times. Doing so by going in and out 32 times, afterward, you can head back up and go South of Solaceon Town [West of Hearthome City] to Route 209. Seeing the rock well, stick the Odd Keystone in there by clicking on the well and you shall hear a noise. The noise will be Spiritomb and you can catch it from there. Keep in mind, there is only one in the whole game so be sure to save before you battle it.

Years
  • So I'm trying to RNG abuse a shiny just to see how this method works out. I'm using a friend's game because they want to learn about the method.

I'm following the Smogon guide down to the letter and I'm using a Hoenn-migrated Metagross and a japanese Ditto. I'm positive the the ID and SID are entered into RNG Reporter correctly, but I still don't get a shiny.

Is there any chance that the fact that the pokemon is migrated could adversely affect whether RNG abuse will work? I've also read that you have to flip the coin toss app 10 times prior to starting in order to "clear the seed". I don't know about that.

Help?

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I've chained around 10 pokemon so far and have gotten 10 shinys. However I read somewhere on a chaining guide that chaining mansion pokemon is harder than regular pokemon. Can anybody clarify this and if its true can anyone tell me why? I just want to chain an Evee thats in the mansion.
    This isn't true, I've easily chained shiny Eevee's and other Pokemon that randomly appear in the garden. These Pokemon are just harder to find at first.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Okay, I don't know if this is a glitch or not, so I thought I'd ask. I was in the Battle Factory at the Battle Frontier in Pokémon Platinum. My opponent was using a Shedninja, so I sent out my Delcatty and had her use "Faint Attack".

...Which failed due to Shedninja's Wonderguard ability, despite the fact that the Wonderguard ability fails when confronted with 'super effective' attacks. In the end I got so fed up because I couldn't beat the damn thing that I forfeited. (It was only my second match).

Welp, next time I signed up for the challenge, I got the Shedninja in question. And its opponent for the first battle was a Glameow, who straight away used Faint Attack and KO'd my Shedninja.

So...what the hell happened when I was using my Delcatty? Is this me being stupid, or was that a glitch in the game?

Ta, guys. D:

Years
  • Why does my Pikachu suck so much?

Alright, so in Platinum I just beat the 7th gym (the one in Snowpoint City). I figured out that I have to go through Galactic's warehouse, but first I think I'm going to train a bit since my Pokemon are levels 38, 38, 38, 42, 41, and 49. While training *attempting to train...* my Pikachu (Kichi :3) I realized that he sucks. Badly. He barely did any damage to a level 33 Mr. Mime when he used Discharge, while the Mr. Mime did 2x the amount of damage to him. He is level 38.
    I specially bred all my Pokemon for their dispoisitions, and I have a crapload of Pichus and Houndours and Gibles and Ralts in my boxes to prove it. The thing is, Kichi just hasn't been getting good stat boosts when he goes up levels. I knew Pikachus weren't the, errr, best Pokemon for Defense and stuff, but I think there is something wrong with mine!
    He has an Adamant nature, and his stats are: Attack - 63, Defense - 39, Sp. Atk - 51, Sp. Def - 45, Speed - 83. His Ability is Static, and his attacks are: Thunderbolt, Discharge, Volt Tackle, and Quick Attack.
    Where can I train to make him stronger? Or what can I do? I'm really kind of stuck here =/ I spent all that time raising him, I would really like to keep him.

Also, if anyone knows of a good place to train the rest of my team up, please share (: I like battling trainers better than wild Pokemon; my guys always seem to have more stat boosts when they level up that way.

And sorry this is so long, thanks to all who take the time to read!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Prince_of_Light
    First, change Method to DPPT Egg PID (International). This does not really affect your results, although it does make finding shiny spreads at lower taps easier.

Migrated parents do not affect anything. Your parents are fine.

How did you determine your SID, either calculating from IVs of past shinies or by using an AR code (and if so, did you calculate/cheat his game, or your game, as you need his SID, not yours).

The 10 coin tosses checks your seed, not clears it.

Common issues would be that you do not have 6 Pokemon in your party when you are tapping, your character has recently linked up to Wifi/LAN which can influence the seeds so resave, you are miscounting, you are flipping to the happiness checker more than one time, or your parents have created an egg before you finished tapping so keep one parent in your party to separate them.

You have to be more descriptive with your process if you want help, please.

klofka"
    That's really strange... Is your DS or router faulty? Can you usually connect to the GTS or Wifi or not? D:

RockTheArena
    An Adamant nature will hinder your Pikachu, as it prefers using its Special attacks. I suggest capturing a new Pikachu, evolve Kichi, or raise a Luxray. On the other hand, you can ditch an Electric type (you don't really need one for 8th gym and Elite Four) and teach Thunderbolt or whatever to another party member. If you do want to keep Kichi, perhaps you can teach it Brick Break to make use of its nature.

A good place to train is obviously the Grand Lake Hotel Restaurant. I am out of ideas of what trainers are good for that point in the story, though. ^_^;

To boost Kichi's stats:

Give vitamins (purchased in Veilstone)
    Beat Staravia and Pikachu in Trophy Garden for more speed
    Beat Roselia in Trophy Garden for more special attack
    Beat Kricketune in Trophy Garden for more attack

Back