• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    Sure, every time you fight a pokemon, they give you certain EVS (you can find what evs they give by googling their dex entry)

Take down what EVS you have accumulated in each stat (max in each stat is 252). Its that simple.

Years
    Any level is fine as long as it didn't gain any experience before hand. Usually, you should be hatching your Pokemon from eggs, so the best is 1. Using Rare Candies is fine if you want it to be higher.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yeah. Give the Exp. Share to the Lv1 Pokemon you want to EV train when you start out. Have your strong Pokemon defeat the wild ones. The one you're EV training will gain ALL of the EV's (it isn't split) by having the Exp. Share and grow levels without being exposed to danger at a low level.

Years
    Personally, I prefer having the level 1 Pokemon go out first, then switching it out. That way, I can use items like Macho Brace or the Power Items to speed up training.

Also, like experience, all Pokemon that participate in battle gain EVs. It's just that it isn't split/divided/etc. js

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
    A decent HM Dump Pokemon?

I'm looking for a decent pokemon to dump HM moves onto.

I know geodude is good for strength and rocksmash

But is there any that can perhaps hold both fog and cut aswell?

Thanks.

Years
    If I remember correctly, Bibarel and Tropius cover all eight HM moves, as of DPt. Bibarel learns everything but Fly and Defog, and also gets Whirlpool in HGSS. :3

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I need help with platinum, I've only had it since tuesday. The time and date on my ds is correct, but in game, the time of day is wrong. It's night during the day, and day during the night. How do I un-do this?

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
    Man [EV reducing berries are] awesome/vital. I'm so glad emerald introduced these gems. Anyway, on to business...

Okay since some genius moderator decided to move my thread to this one where it is buried by other posts and easily forgotten, i guess i have to quote my original post.

Anyway, how many EVs are deducted when one of the ev reducing berries is used on a pokemon? i could have sworn i gave roselia 252 sp def evs, but i can only use 11 grepa berries on it (no effect after the 11th berry). i thought i would need to use 26 berries take away all sp def evs? (does each berry not take away 10 ev points anymore?) what's going on here??

Back