• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    Need some help with National Dex...

Okay, so I am a complete noob here and to the pokemon games (I know, I'm so late, haha) but I beat the elite 4 already and now I'm trying to obtain the national dex. I have a few questions.
    It says I've seen 148 pokemon, and I have one egg for the Riolu that is going to hatch (which would bring me up to 149). The problem is I, being naive, used my dusk stone on my muckrow to evolve it. Now I'm thinking the only pokemon I'm missing is Mismagius, which also uses a dusk stone. I know there's another one in Victory Road but someone told me you have to have the national dex in order to get it! Ugh.

My question is was there any battles where the trainer used Mismagius (I can't remember if I've actually seen it or not) as well as Machamp (again, can't remember) and is there any way besides memory to know if you've seen a pokemon or not?
    I would really appreciate some help here, lol
    Thanks for reading!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have Pokemon Diamond.

I don't have a friend code yet because the wi-fi at my house sucks, but I'll try to get it at school today and update later.

Last edited:

paddy185

Banoffee Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    I think you have to see all the Pokemon, not catch them. Also if you have Surf, that would mean that you would've had to have seen Mismagius, since Fantina(5th Gym Leader) uses one. Hope this helps

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Would Bidoof/Bibarel work as a wall/stall if properly EV trained?

I haven't really battled much people with a Bidoof or Bibarel before but if you go to a website called Serebii, they have everything you need to know about EV training whichever pokémon. Click Here.
    If you scroll all the way down, it should tell you what Bibarel is good at and whatnot.

Another place to get team information on Bibarel and Bidoof is to go the Pokémon Strageties and Movesets section. Go ahead and read the rules before you post there as that section requires certain threads there to ask a question such as yours.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    EDIT:Sorry, ignore me.I misread, didn't know you were on Diamond

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just want to point out that Heart Scales will be of little help with Egg Moves, tutored moves, and TMs, though.

Also, you get Heart Scales by going underground and digging up treasure in D/P, not by the News Press. That's a Pt exclusive.

Grey Narciaa

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NC
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    EV's training

So I just bred a brand new Jolteon to train for max stats. It has solid IV's, a timid nature to promote speed and is very finicky. I've started the training process and have been keeping track of EV's for speed but the last two level ups, none of the EV's affected stat growth at all (which is bogus because by my count he had at least 16-18 EV's per level up which should have at least added four points correct?).
    Anyone think they can help me and should I breed another since I may have somehow wasted some of the limited EV's?

By the way, all the training was done against Starly's with macho brace first time power anklet second.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • That's completely normal. Stat boosts by EVs are spread throughout your leveling up until 100. You won't gain all the stat boosts from EV training until you reach level 100. When you first level up after just beginning to EV train, it gives you very high stat boosts because it is accounting for all the levels below your current level that you did not EV train. If you EV trained at level 99, and then leveled up to 100, all of your stat boosts would go all the way up at the same time (for example, 252 evs gives you +63 in a stat, so you would get all of that +63 all at once, instead of spread out over the levels).

Sorry if that sounded a little too complicated.

Grey Narciaa

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NC
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Ooooohhh man I feel foolish.
    No thanks ALOT amigo I just thought I was completely messing up something.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Pre-National Dex Trading

What happens if you trade with a D/P/Pt cart that has post-National Dex Pokemon but you don't have the National Dex yet?

P.S.
    Do you need the National Dex to trade with HG/SS? Can an English Platinum trade with Japanese HG/SS?

Back