• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • Using the Union Room...

Asked mom to help me with a trade evolution for my Graveler and Poliwhirl.
    Send her an HM Slave for Politoed. She turns off her DS to get the phone :p

Now my HM Slave are cloned. And Politoed is Porygon food.
    Does this happen sometimes?

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
  • Somethings getting me mad...really bad

Hello there. I made this thread because of a recent glitch I'm having. Now I believe everyone heard of the GTS glitch. When you want a pokemon, you have the pokemon they want for there pokemon, but you can't trade yours for some reason. Also, when you are searching for the pokemon you can't find more then 3 out of 7 teleport spots. Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE know how to fix these problems? WITHOUT erasing data.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Using the Union Room...

Asked mom to help me with a trade evolution for my Graveler and Poliwhirl.
    Send her an HM Slave for Politoed. She turns off her DS to get the phone :p

Now my HM Slave are cloned. And Politoed is Porygon food.
    Does this happen sometimes?
    Yep, I have cloned while trading, although it is very rare and difficult to actually replicate. You have bad luck. :(

Hello there. I made this thread because of a recent glitch I'm having. Now I believe everyone heard of the GTS glitch. When you want a pokemon, you have the pokemon they want for there pokemon, but you can't trade yours for some reason. Also, when you are searching for the pokemon you can't find more then 3 out of 7 teleport spots. Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE know how to fix these problems? WITHOUT erasing data.
    I noticed that as well (on Platinum)! I believe the requests are region specific (for example, someone wanted a Mew, and I had a couple in my storage, but I could only offer a Japanese Mew for some reason...). Also, the GTS may not accept your Pokemon if it is hacked. Sorry, but I cannot help you much there. :(

As for the 3 to 7 spots, simply make a trade and then the spots will gradually increase after each succeeding trade.

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Originally Posted by mattattack Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

i found that if you made a few random trades and deposited a pokemon of your own, then the number of available trades increases

also sometimes there might just not be that many of that pokemon up for trading at that moment in time

Years
  • Kadabra → Alakazam
    Machoke → Machamp
    Graveler → Golem
    Haunter → Gengar
    Poliwhirl → Politoed (King's Rock)
    Slowpoke → Slowking (King's Rock)
    Onix → Steelix (Metal Coat)
    Seadra → Kingdra (Dragon Scale)
    Scyther → Scizor (Metal Coat)
    Porygon → Porygon2 (Up-Grade)
    Clamperl → Huntail (DeepSeaTooth)
    Clamperl → Gorebyss (DeepSeaScale)
    Rhydon → Rhyperior (Protector)
    Electabuzz → Electivire (Electirizer)
    Magmar → Magmortar (Magmarizer)
    Porygon2 → Porygon-Z (Dubious Disc)
    Dusclops → Dusknoir (Reaper Cloth)

Years
  • I need some assistance please. (:

im training an aipom in EV training and i accidently let her hold a power bracer. i dainted a starly and i dont know where the EV point is gonna go to or how much goes to the stat. could someone help me know whats gonna happen?

Years
  • tell me

can someone tell me which forum i should go to to find help with my pokemon platinum game? i dont want to cause trouble. just some help

thank u kindly(: lol im such a newb

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • can someone tell me which forum i should go to to find help with my pokemon platinum game? i dont want to cause trouble. just some help

thank u kindly(: lol im such a newb

Just ask in the Quick Questions and Answers thread. Someone's bound to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I have a question:

Does a Pokemon lose it's international status if it's cloned?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    In order to alter the nature of a Pokemon that hatches from an egg, do I need to save before I get the egg and then hatch it and when it hatches but doesn't have the designated Nature, I just reset?

Years
  • Whats a hold item that raises HP?
    If you mean EVs, then the Power Weight. Leftovers and such also allow you to RECOVER lost HP at the end of every turn. Otherwise, there isn't a hold item that will magically give you more HP when you hold it.
    In order to alter the nature of a Pokemon that hatches from an egg, do I need to save before I get the egg and then hatch it and when it hatches but doesn't have the designated Nature, I just reset?

Save before you get the egg.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    -Is there any sort of cloning glitch in Platinum?
    -Does the trick where you have a female pokemon hold an everstone only work with fully evolved? i'm trying to get a female adamant chikorita w/ counter, either i'm doing something wrong or severely unlucky.
    -Is there any way in Gen. IV to get Blissey to learn Seismic Toss?

Back