• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    okay i don't fully understand ev training, ppl are saying it takes an hour or 2 but how? don't u have to train to lvl 100? I thought u just had to raise a pokemons' exp points to its peak and K.O a pokemon with good E.Vs to get to the next lvl.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
    Years
    Where can I find the HM Strength and Rock Climb?

Hey Pokemoe, HM Strength is found in the Lost Tower on route 209 I think it is (you will need the Gym badge from Canalave City to use it outside of battle), and HM Rock Climb is found on the route you take to get to Snowpoint City, IIRC it's just outside a litte house you come across while wading through the snow. Hope that helped, happy strengthing and rock climbing :D

This a noob question, but I am a 4th Gen newb after all lol.

What happens in Diamond/Pearl once I beat the Elite 4 ? Are there more Gyms, side quests etc ?

Last edited:
    Years
    :D

This a noob question, but I am a 4th Gen newb after all lol.

What happens in Diamond/Pearl once I beat the Elite 4 ? Are there more Gyms, side quests etc ?

Just the island quest stuff when you get the boat ticket from home.
    Go for Heatran...
    Complete National PokeDex...
    And what quest stuff is left from before, from mainland.
    Snowpoints Temple opens up.
    Pal Park unlocks.
    new stuff in underground walls

a few things more...

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Yo the best way to get money is seling nuggets and star pieces. also you can use luck insence to gain 2 times the original moey you will obtain from a trainer!!! :)

you can sell star pieces or nuggets. you can use luck insence to let a pokemon hold it and use the pokemon for battle. you ge 2x the money you originally obtain from a trainer

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Quick question, since I'm new to chaining with the Pokeradar and Trainer Counter.

Question is, if my Poketch suddenly loses count for no reason, would the chain still be present?

Coz I chained 47 Starly last night (I was just trying the chain thing,) trying to reach chain 50 before resetting for shinies.

Then at chain 48, after pwning the wild Starly from Pokeradar, the chain on my Poketch app broke. I know that the Poketch app suddenly "loses count" of your chain.

I wonder if the chain I had was still present in-game, just not in the Trainer Counter? Or do I have to start over when this happens? D:

Reposting for great justice! :D

Years
    what are EV's & IV's? i no you've answered this question a million times already, but i be very happy if you'd answer it once more for me. i went on bulbapedia, but i couldnt comprehend it the way they were explaining it, so i was hoping someone could "dumb it down" for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    Pokemon Platinum Prima guide Q?

I was wondering, If I get this guide Can I use it for Diamond and Pearl. I never really played any games with IV Pokemon and don't know much about them. I have diamond but not platinum and overall I just want to see the types of moves and when a pokemon evolves and such.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Yo the best way to get money is seling nuggets and star pieces. also you can use luck insence to gain 2 times the original moey you will obtain from a trainer!!! :)

you can sell star pieces or nuggets. you can use luck insence to let a pokemon hold it and use the pokemon for battle. you ge 2x the money you originally obtain from a trainer

You should never sell star pieces they should be traded for shards, and the best way to get money is to battle the old cuople next to pokemon mansion they will give 24400 each everytime you beat them with a amulet coin after the heatran stuff

NatureKeeper

what are EV's & IV's? i no you've answered this question a million times already, but i be very happy if you'd answer it once more for me. i went on bulbapedia, but i couldnt comprehend it the way they were explaining it, so i was hoping someone could "dumb it down" for me.

Effort Values, or EVs are hidden values. When a Pokémon defeats another, a Bidoof defeats a Starly for example, a Starly would give 1 Speed EV on each defeat. So, the Bidoof gains 1 extra speed EV (THIS DOES NOT APPLY IN BATTLE TOWER, LINK OR WI-FI BATTLES! ONLY IN-GAME TRAINER BATTLES AND IN-GAME WILD BATTLES!). Each 10 EVs is one increase in the stat. A Pokémon can have a max of 510 EVs, and a max of 255 (I think) EVs per stat. Pokérus double the amount of EVs gained, same as Macho Brace. Here is a list of EV gains per Pokémon:

https://www.psypokes.com/dp/evtable.php

Individual Values or IVs are values determined randomly by the game for each wild Pokémon. IVs for each stat are random from 1 to 31. IVs powers up that power of the stat it is applied to.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    At level 100, it is 4 EV points = +1 increase in stats. So, you can increase a stat by a maximum of 63 points if you put all the possible EV's into it.

255/4 = 63 R3, but the three in the remainder gets dropped, which is why you'll see many 252/252/6 EV spreads (252 is the highest number less than 255 that is evenly divisible by 4, and the remaining 6 EV points can increase a third stat by one).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    @Aaron40:

That is hardly enough information to determine the legitimacy of a Pokemon... It could have been hatched as a shiny. Additional details such as OT, ID, IVs, ability, ball caught, ribbons, etc can help.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    @Aaron40:

That is hardly enough information to determine the legitimacy of a Pokemon... It could have been hatched as a shiny. Additional details such as OT, ID, IVs, ability, ball caught, ribbons, etc can help.

it said it was caught in the Hoenn region at level 5

I have a question about RNG. How do I determine my Secret ID number without an AR?

I think you can find out your Secret ID from a shiny that you have caught

Last edited:
    Back