• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
  • I am using Diamond I'm not using Platinum.
    Then the only thing I can think of is that the Pokémon in question is hacked or is one of the rare few that isn't compatible with trading on the GTS (Colosseum Jirachi comes to mind).

Ahhh so Evee+Ditto=Evee egg?
    Eevee/Eeveelution + Ditto or Eevee(lution) + Eevee(lution) will both give you an Eevee. Keep in mind with the latter you need to have opposite genders.

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Then the only thing I can think of is that the Pokémon in question is hacked or is one of the rare few that isn't compatible with trading on the GTS (Colosseum Jirachi comes to mind).

Eevee/Eeveelution + Ditto or Eevee(lution) + Eevee(lution) will both give you an Eevee. Keep in mind with the latter you need to have opposite genders.

Wait so u sayin that I can actually breed a baby Umbreon for example from an Evee and Umbreon? Or jus always a baby Evee. Awesome, tho since Ima only have 1-2 Evee's 4 a while I guess that won't help me much....but dittos r still common, right? All I need is 1 Evee and ditto.....and my team shall b born......yesh!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Hoen
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Then the only thing I can think of is that the Pokémon in question is hacked or is one of the rare few that isn't compatible with trading on the GTS (Colosseum Jirachi comes to mind).

Well it is a Deoxys, but I really hope it isn't because of it being hacked. I didn't ask my friend if it was or not.

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
  • What should I do with this breeded feebas?

Ok so I hatched a feebas that started off with surf, ice beam, and blizzard. This was from a female traded Milotic, the male being my Empoleon. However, I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I use it in battle, or put it up for auction?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Well it is a Deoxys, but I really hope it isn't because of it being hacked. I didn't ask my friend if it was or not.

If it has a Classic Ribbon, it can't be traded. Judging by Serebii's event list, you may or may not have a Deoxys that has a Classic Ribbon. Check its ribbon page.

Evee dude - Correction: if you have a male Eevee, you MUST breed with a Ditto. However, if your Eevee is female, you may breed with any male pokemon on this list: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/ground.shtml
    How fast you get an egg depends on how compatible your Eevee is with its mate. So it varies. As for how long it hatches, it needs 8960 steps to hatch. 4480 steps if you have a Magby/Slugma or any of its evolutions in the first slot of your party.
    Finally, you CAN catch Ditto in Platinum. They're a Trophy Garden pokemon.

Last edited:

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Training help plz!!

So, I'm currently playing Pokemon Platinum and I wanted to know where was the best place to train my lvl 19 Ralts..?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Routes 208 and 209 have Pokémon from 17-20. If those are too high, then just keep walking backwards through the routes until you get ones that you can easily kill. The Eterna Forest and the Route 211 entrance of Mt. Coronet might also be useful.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2010
    A quick question about the Battle Tower

Hey guys this is my first post, I finally signed up because I have a question about the Battle tower.

So I went to do a double battle and I'm choosing my partner. You know, you can choose from all the people you have travelled with at some point in the game. Each person says a bit about what pokemon they will use. Now here's the weird bit. Cheryl says to me that she has Cresselia, naturally I didn't believe it and decided to partner with her. To my suprise she actually had Cresselia and I was like "WTF?!". Can anyone tell me whether she always has this or do they all have random pokemon?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's a stupid question! :)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • She sort of has random Pokémon, each possible Tower Partner has 9+ Pokémon to choose from when you battle with them. Serebii lists all of them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum Help

I want to know if it's possible to upgrade my Pokemon to level 100 when I battle my friend. Which option to I choose in the Pokecenter battle place?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Which game are you playing, and are you talking to your friend through the Wireless Communications room (upstairs) or the WiFi Club (downstairs)?

Back