• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
  • Can you trade a shiny egg to another game and still have it hatch shiny?

Yes, it will hatch shiny on the other game. But when you check it's summary, it will no longer be shiny. So if you wish to keep it shiny, don't trade it. (For an example w/pics of this, check 'The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^' page 2.)

Oh and @Thunderpunch, you spend them at the castle-looking place in front of the Battle Tower. You know, the one you walk under to get to the BT?

Last edited:

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Oh and @Thunderpunch, you spend them at the castle-looking place in front of the Battle Tower. You know, the one you walk under to get to the BT?

Thanks!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    how do you mix records in Platinum?

i wanna be able to move boulders in my secret base, and get others flags :P
    but i cant seem to figure it out ^^"

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • how do you mix records in Platinum?

i wanna be able to move boulders in my secret base, and get others flags :P
    but i cant seem to figure it out ^^"
    You mean with the Underground...? It can only be done with Wireless Communications, not Wi-Fi. You'll need people physically near you with bases that are near yours in order to take their flags. Once you take their flag enough times, you can remove boulders and such in your base.

ok i cannot remember and my pokedex doesnt show it, but where can you find a gibble?????????
    Wayward Cave on Route 206, in the basement.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Can anyone give me some advice on a team based on Ash's Pokemon? I'm thinking of making one but making it elite and powerful, so i will evolve the Pokemon. It will be based on his Kanto Pokemon so I will probably be using all the starters and Pikachu but I'm not sure about the other two. He does also train a Pidgeot so I might use that too. Or I might just go with Red's team from the original Gold and Silver. What do you think?

Pokemafia

In your opinions, what is better, Metagross, or Dragonite-In general.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • They bother have similar stats, except for Metagross' high defense, but there is quite a type difference. Metagross has a lot of resistances, an immunity, and only 2 weaknesses, fire and ground, which are only x2. Dragonite has 3 weaknesses and one of them is x4. For in game Dragonite is quite a drag since he evolves until lv. 55 so you won't be using it too much, you will mostly be playing with his pre-evolutions. Metagross is the better choice because it will not die. Figure out a way to teach it some good physical moves and you are good (his level up moves suck). I would personally choose Dragonite because I like Johto and Kanto Pokemon, the originals, and he looks cooler. (:

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    I would go mostly for Metagross. Metagross seems to have a higher defense than Dragonite.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • For in game Dragonite is quite a drag since he evolves until lv. 55 so you won't be using it too much, you will mostly be playing with his pre-evolutions.
    You sort of get the same thing with Metagross, since it doesn't evolve until level 45.

In general I think Metagross is the better choice, if you're willing to go through the trouble of getting one. Beldum only shows up as a swarm, has the same catch rate as most legendaries, and only has one attack which causes recoil damage. Keeping its many resistances in mind and Clear Body, it's worth the effort.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    thanx!

btw if i have a cyndaqui with egg moves only in hg/ss could it still pass them on in platinum?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    hey does pokerus double after the power anklet
    or double the original before anklet?

Years
  • Doubles after Power Anklet.
    For example:
    KOing a Pokemon that gives 1 speed EV while holding Power Anklet gives 1 + 4 = 5
    With Pokerus, it is 1 + 4 = 5 x 2 = 10 Speed EVs

Back