• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
  • No, you'll still have something in the remaining stats. You gain something in every stat every time you level up even if you don't put EVs into those stats. Like, if I have a Torterra and don't put anything into its HP stat, assuming it has a 31 IV in HP, it'll still have 331. If I put 252 HP EVs into that same Torterra it'll have 394.

Years
  • OOOOH okay =D that cleared it up quite a bit for me :) i thought i'd have to of tried to balance my pokemon out :P

so... when i go to the party and move set thread madealy and i see like atk XX sp.atk XX and def 4 that means they have EV trained there pokemon and those are the EV's they've put into the pokemon?

im really happy theres still nice people on the internet like you and the other people that have helped me i feel like im kind of an intermediate trainer now instead of a scrub lol even though i STILL havnt battled yet i hate leveling -.-- but this whole EV training thing will make it go by faster i guess

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • so... when i go to the party and move set thread madealy and i see like atk XX sp.atk XX and def 4 that means they have EV trained there pokemon and those are the EV's they've put into the pokemon?

im really happy theres still nice people on the internet like you and the other people that have helped me i feel like im kind of an intermediate trainer now instead of a scrub lol even though i STILL havnt battled yet i hate leveling -.-- but this whole EV training thing will make it go by faster i guess
    Over in Whips&Ch - errr S&M? Or when it's something like:
    Supar Pogeyman
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
    - Growl
    - Sand Attack
    - Leer
    - Screech

The 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe is the EV spread that they've applied to the Pokémon, yeah, or at least a suggested EV spread for that species (when you look at sites like Smogon).

We were all noobs once, I remember what it felt like :p

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • :)

do you know any super fast legit way of training? other than electric pokemon on gyarados or E4 or revisitting trainers that call for battles
    That's really it. The best way to speed up EV training is to find PokeRus and use either a Macho Brace or Power Items, but beyond that, you just have to run around and rebattle or encounter the right wild 'mons.

Leveling is just a ton of runs through the Elite Four, Pokémon Center matches, rebattling the gym leaders, and so on. If you'll be doing battles over Wi-Fi there's really no reason to level Pokémon above 50 unless it's for the sake of a move since you can grant an automatic boost to level 100 over Wi-Fi.

Years
  • all i plan on doing is 100s vs 100s over wifi ... so i kinda need to get to level 100... 1-50 even 1-60 isnt that hard like once i get 3-6 100s i wont have any trouble training cuz ill just E4 but i will try the cerulean cave and how do you suggest i get that egg... with 1% chance and 5% chance of getting it...

kso i am confuse id prefer level 100s and dont understand how a pokemon can be powerful under level 100...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • You don't have to do that. Over wifi, it lets you select what level you want the battle at. It's level 100, level 50 or open battle. Open battle means your party's levels stay the same and don't get inflated or deflated. So it's not necessary to train to level 100.

Years
  • You don't have to do that. Over wifi, it lets you select what level you want the battle at. It's level 100, level 50 or open battle. Open battle means your party's levels stay the same and don't get inflated or deflated. So it's not necessary to train to level 100.

.. soooo ... ummmm.... can you have EV trained pokes at level 50 or under? :S

and also what gender passes ability/nature if either

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I was chaining pokemon and my repel ran out. I used another repel before I moved again. I stepped on to a normal patch that shouldn't have had any pokemon on, but low and behold it did. I am 100% sure it hadn't sparkled or moved, and my first pokemon in my party was a good 30 levels higher then the wild pokemon. I assumed I mustn't have used the repel, so I went to my bag to use another, but it said i already had.

Is this a glitch? Did I go to a alternate reality?Or is the first step taken after using repel not protected?

Years
  • Nope, ability is pure luck unfortunately.

meh thats fine with a huge % increase to carry on the nature i can just breed a few till i get the ability i want :) is there anyway through the chain of pokemon games... to get a pokemon from blue to HGSS? or from blue to anything past gold and silver?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • You can trade between red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal. The thing is, whatever you trade from gold/silver/crystal has to exist in red, blue and yellow. So no new pokemon and no new moves can be traded over. Red/blue/yellow/gold/silver/crystal is NOT compatible with any of the newer versions because the game received a major revamp in between the second and third generations.

Furthermore, you can only move pokemon from ruby/sapphire/emerald to pearl/diamond/plat/HGSS via Pal Park. Meaning you'll need a DS or DSlite in order to move it. Nothing from the 4th gen games can be moved back to the third gen games. DSi cannot palpark because in order to pal park, you need a GBA slot, which doesn't exist on a DSi.

Years
  • You can trade between red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal. The thing is, whatever you trade from gold/silver/crystal has to exist in red, blue and yellow. So no new pokemon and no new moves can be traded over. Red/blue/yellow/gold/silver/crystal is NOT compatible with any of the newer versions because the game received a major revamp in between the second and third generations.

Furthermore, you can only move pokemon from ruby/sapphire/emerald to pearl/diamond/plat/HGSS via Pal Park. Meaning you'll need a DS or DSlite in order to move it. Nothing from the 4th gen games can be moved back to the third gen games. DSi cannot palpark because in order to pal park, you need a GBA slot, which doesn't exist on a DSi.

that answered a lot :P and DSi sounds like crap -.-

is there anything about breeding i've yet to learn?

i would like to start breeding im gonna get a few dittos with different popular natures and im going to get a few popular pokemon i have a few pinecos since i know people like forretress i can get a lot of pokemon i dont have yet through GTS other than those two and possibly starters i dont really know what else to get

Last edited:
    Years
  • how can u get an egg in diamond, pearl, and platinum if there's no ditto, 'til after getting national pokedex.

PS: i'd like to trade.

Back