• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
  • Lvl. 70 CELEBI (Shiney) Pokeball

Gentle Nature
    Aug. 23, 2007
    Hoenn
    Arrived at Lv. 70.

Quick to Flee.

OT: 10 ANIV
    ID No. 00010
    Exp. Points 344,960
    Hacked. The 10th Aniversary Celebi cannot be shiny.
    Lvl. 100 TYRANITAR (Shiney) Masterball

Impish Nature.
    Apr. 6, 2010
    Route 229
    Apparently met at Lv. 100.
    Often lost in thought.

OT: JOSH
    ID No. 34514
    Exp. Points 1,250,000
    Hacked. Only Bug and Grass Pokemon exist on Route 229. Also, it says it was met at Lv.100. Obviously hacked.
    Lvl. 100 RAYQUAZA (Shiney) Masterball

Impish Nature.
    Sep. 29, 2007
    Hoenn
    Arrived at Lv. 100.

Likes to fight.

OT: NICK
    ID No. 45400
    Exp. Points 1,250,000
    Appears legit.
    Lvl. 70 DEOXYS Pokeball

Jolly Nature.
    Jun. 25, 2007
    Hoenn
    Arrived at Lv. 70.

A little quick tempered.

OT: SPACE C
    ID No. 00010
    Exp. Points 428, 750
    Appears legit.

-----

Manaphy help?!

I really want to complete the sinnoh pokedex, and it says on serebii that I need to find a manaphy. I know where the manaphy is, (the backlot mansion I think?) in a book. But when I try and read the book it just says, "its a very expensive-looking book on Pokemon." It's really frustrating me :( Please help!

Well, if it says that and doesn't ask if you want to read it, chances are you are playing Diamond or Pearl, in which case you don't need Manaphy. You only need Manaphy in Platinum. If you are playing Platinum, you're talking to the wrong book then, because no matter how early in the game you are at, it will show you a picture of Manapy and add it to your dex. The book is on the desk right behind Backlot or whatever in his mansion on the table.

Years
  • If I recall, you could capture your Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in Pearl/Diamond's Pal Park, which for all I know could have been on that route as I've never used it.

You cannot use Masterballs in Pal Park. That pokemon was caught using one.

Therefore that Pokemon was hacked using Action Replay on Route 229 and was caught using hacked Masterballs too.

Whoever traded you that Pokemon should definitely be on the blacklist. It's unacceptable.

Years
  • Manaphy help?!

I really want to complete the sinnoh pokedex, and it says on serebii that I need to find a manaphy. I know where the manaphy is, (the backlot mansion I think?) in a book. But when I try and read the book it just says, "its a very expensive-looking book on Pokemon." It's really frustrating me :( Please help!
    If your game is not Platinum then you cannot get the Pokédex data. If it is Platinum then you have to read the book on the table in the room where the owner of the Mansion.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I was EV Training today and I forgot to take the HP Power Item off when I switched over to Attack EV's.

I battled 1 Machop with the HP Power Item and I also have PokeRus. How many EV's did I gain and what stat are they in. I want to use the Berries to fix it, however I am not sure what EV's I gained?

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • In Diamond Battle Tower after battling the Tycoon Challanger the second time do you only encounter Legendary Pokemon. From battle 49 upwards.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In Diamond Battle Tower after battling the Tycoon Challanger the second time do you only encounter Legendary Pokemon. From battle 49 upwards.
    Legendary Pokemon aren't the only Pokemon you encounter from the 49th battle onwards. You'll also see fully evolved Pokemon, with strong movesets as well.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • On my Diamond I PalParked over six Pokemon from my FireRed game. I sent over the three birds, Mewtwo, Pupitar, and the UK Aura Mew (which I got myself from the Event.)

However all of them say they are from Kanto, and the Mew says it's from Hoenn. Which is this? I have never used any cheat devices, used glithes, or even traded with anyone ever, so I cannot understand why??

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think that means your Mew was given out when Emerald was the newest mainstream game? I'm not sure when it was.

But if it was intended to be sent to Emerald......then in D/P it may be coded in to go as a "Hoenn", not a "Kanto"

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • On my Diamond I PalParked over six Pokemon from my FireRed game. I sent over the three birds, Mewtwo, Pupitar, and the UK Aura Mew (which I got myself from the Event.)

However all of them say they are from Kanto, and the Mew says it's from Hoenn. Which is this? I have never used any cheat devices, used glithes, or even traded with anyone ever, so I cannot understand why??

The region is based on where the Pokemon was obtained, not what game it was transferred from. Certain GBA events, like Aura Mew, are coded to appear to be obtained from the Hoenn region. It's fine and legit, don't worry about it. :)

Regardless of RSE or FRLG, all 3 of your event Mew will always have region Hoenn in DPPt.

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I think that means your Mew was given out when Emerald was the newest mainstream game? I'm not sure when it was.

But if it was intended to be sent to Emerald......then in D/P it may be coded in to go as a "Hoenn", not a "Kanto"

Diamond and Pearl was already out when the Event took place.

The region is based on where the Pokemon was obtained, not what game it was transferred from. Certain GBA events, like Aura Mew, are coded to appear to be obtained from the Hoenn region. It's fine and legit, don't worry about it. :)

I got three of these Mews, one on Emerald, one on two of my FireRed games.

The Mew I transfered was put onto my FireRed game, and left straight from there to Diamond.

Nevermind got my Answer. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    Could someone fill in the areas that are blank? 20 credits for my thread that I'll make within a couple days to the first one to do it.

Seconds: 14
    Delay: 624
    Target Frame:
    Seed:
    Coinflips:
    Parent A IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Parent B IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Target IV's: 31/31/30/30/31/30
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Target Frame:
    Seed:
    Coinflips:
    Target IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/30
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Could someone fill in the areas that are blank? 20 credits for my thread that I'll make within a couple days to the first one to do it.

Target Frame: 12
    Seed: 50110276
    Coinflips: T, T, T, T, T, T, H, T, H, T
    Target IV's: 31/31/30/30/31/30
    Spread: 31 / A / 30 / 30 / A / 30
    2006 12 05

17:06:14

Target Frame:
    Seed:
    Coinflips:
    Target IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/30
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

I didn't find any reasonable spread for the second one..

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    If a growlithe egg is made in HGSS with Morning Sun, will it still have Morning Sun if traded to DPP and hatched there?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • If a growlithe egg is made in HGSS with Morning Sun, will it still have Morning Sun if traded to DPP and hatched there?

It will most definetly know Morning Sun. I traded the HGSS Togepi to my Platinum for a challenge, and it still knew Extrasensory. So, no worries. =D

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I want to SR for Legendary Pokemon, say if I wanted to do 100 resets per day. Am I meant to turn the DS off when I stop and start the next day? Or have I got to keep it turned on?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I want to SR for Legendary Pokemon, say if I wanted to do 100 resets per day. Am I meant to turn the DS off when I stop and start the next day? Or have I got to keep it turned on?
    You can turn the DS off with no problem and resume the next day. It won't affect your chances of encountering a shiny if you shut it off.

Soft reset is to conserve power/save on wear and tear as opposed to turning the unit off and back on again. Otherwise, both actions have the same effect as far as trying to encounter a shiny.

Back