• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

• ...Though, it's possible that the random trainer generator (as the trainers are random every day) happened to pair them together. In that case I guess it could be considered a glitch.
    I think the pairings are set; i.e., you'll see different pairs in the restaurant each day, but the same people remain paired together.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Are Lady Kylie and Rich Boy Roman a brother and sister on a date (but unaware of it)? They are the couple at the top and center of the restaurant in Valor Lakefront.

If you talk to Lady Kylie, she says she will battle you if you don't tell her date that her dad owns the restaurant. If you talk to Rich Boy Roman, he says he has to hand it to his father, the hors d'oeuvres are great.

Then when you defeat them, they both say, "How could I lose in Papa's restaurant!"

I've always assumed that Roman's dad is the chef and Kylie's dad is the manager.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Oh yeah! Now I get it! :O

It's true as Pyrax said, Roman's dad is the chef and Kylie's dad is the manager. I used to think about this back when I played Diamond, and I came to think about the different fathers that they were talking about.

So, the joke in the situation is obviously that both parts have a father working in the restaurant, but neither of them knows the other do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    ^ Oooooooh ok. Well that's a lot better than the brother/sister thing I thought was going on :P!

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • A problem in the underground in Platinum

Hope I can post it here... If not, please move it in the right forum/delete it!^^

Okay, here's my problem: Everytime I go in the underground and go into the menu there and click "traps" I get back to the titlescreen! Everytime... Although I don't really care about the traps (no one that wants to do some stuff in the underground with except for Spiritomb!^^) I'd really like to make another secret base but, well, I can't!^^ I heard from other forums that other people have the same problem but nowhere was a real solution so many think that it's the same like the berry glitch in R/S...^^ Maybe one of you has the same problem and can tell me how to fix it...^^

Sho7gun

IV Inquisitor
    Years
  • sounds like a glitch to me :| not heard that one before sorry. I own Diamond and not Platinum, my Real Life friends have platinum however so i can ask if that happens on their versions? might take a day or two to find out however :S

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • Event Arceus

I cheated to get the Azure Flute, I've caught Palkia (In 3 turns, lucky indeed) and I beat the elite four last night, I just went to Spear Pillar hoping to battle Arceus (I only want it so I can trade it to HeartGold to get a Dialga). I tried to use the Azure Flute and nothing happened, just the Rowan's words echoed message, can anyone tell me why it hasn't worked? I haven't battled the lake guardians yet, could that have anything to do with it?

Thank you in advance

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That'll be it.

I'm guessing you can't activate the event until you've got the National Pokedex (Shaymin isn't available until you've got it, after all, although that may be due to location more than anything,and I think Darkrai probably isn't either).

And you need to battle the Lake Guardians to get the National Pokedex!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am not sure if Hall of Origin Arceus will even activate the event at Sinjoh Ruins. You probably want to go for Movie Arceus instead.

Years
  • I cheated to get the Azure Flute, I've caught Palkia (In 3 turns, lucky indeed) and I beat the elite four last night, I just went to Spear Pillar hoping to battle Arceus (I only want it so I can trade it to HeartGold to get a Dialga). I tried to use the Azure Flute and nothing happened, just the Rowan's words echoed message, can anyone tell me why it hasn't worked? I haven't battled the lake guardians yet, could that have anything to do with it?

Thank you in advance
    You need to make sure that an event flag has been tripped to have the item be useful

I am not sure if Hall of Origin Arceus will even activate the event at Sinjoh Ruins. You probably want to go for Movie Arceus instead.
    The Arceus from the Hall of Origin will activate the event. It will activate the event a second time if you have already done it with a movie Arceus.

ALittleDizzy

Cute and Hopeless Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has brought up yet because I'm not too willing to breeze through 200+ pages of this xD but does competing with a pokemon make it happy? I've been trying to evolve a buneary for awhile and ive gotten 8 ribbons but it still feels like it's nowhere close to evolving @_@

this is going to sound incredibly stupid and has probably been answered a million times but how does one exactly breed? and how would I go about doing so in pokemon platinum?

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has brought up yet because I'm not too willing to breeze through 200+ pages of this xD but does competing with a pokemon make it happy? I've been trying to evolve a buneary for awhile and ive gotten 8 ribbons but it still feels like it's nowhere close to evolving @_@

You raise happiness by:
    Walking 256 steps
    Massage (Veilstone City)
    Massage (Ribbon Syndicate)
    Using vitamins
    Level up
    Using EV reducing Berries
    Haircut brothers (HeartGold, SoulSilver)
    Daisy grooming (HeartGold, SoulSilver)

You decrease happiness by:
    Fainting
    Using EnergyPowder
    Using HealPowder
    Using Energy Root
    Using Revival Herb

Contests, depositing in the box, feeding poffins, actively healing, etc are not known to influence happiness, I believe.

this is going to sound incredibly stupid and has probably been answered a million times but how does one exactly breed? and how would I go about doing so in pokemon platinum?
    You can breed two compatible Pokemon in Solaceon. Bulbapedia has an excellent breeding guide.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I asked a while ago if pokemon bred from hacks are considered hacks. I got the answer no. However, I notice that the bred pokemon have the IDno. 00000 and in the Trade Corner Rules and Hacked List glossary those are considered hacks. So, are they hacks or not?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • If you bred them yourself, it should have YOUR trainer ID. Assuming you are legitimately breeding them yourself and not hacking, your game is messed up for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Oh.. I get it. This was one of those "unlocked" games they sell on Ebay. The trainer ID is 00000 which is why the eggs have it. Thanks for the help.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I was on the route South of Veilstone in Diamond when I stumbled across a wild Vulpix. However when I looked up it's location in the National Dex it said it's Area was unknown. Was this because I imported a Ninetales from my Leafgreen game by any obscuere chance?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I was on the route South of Veilstone in Diamond when I stumbled across a wild Vulpix. However when I looked up it's location in the National Dex it said it's Area was unknown. Was this because I imported a Ninetales from my Leafgreen game by any obscuere chance?

I think that this is because you have your GBA game inserted, right?
    Some pokemons appear when you insert FR/LG/R/S/E in the GBA Slot ;D

Back