• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • You can do whatever you want in your own game. You cannot currently ask for cheat codes here, so use Google. :)

Remember that you cannot trade hacked Pokemon nor battle with hacked Pokemon here.

Years
  • Hatch and release them. There's no other way, unfortunately. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky and one of those eggs turn out shiny or has high IVs.

lol...i dont have time for that..over 40 eggs in my boxes..:( just breed with normal ditto how come get shiny...:(

I just got Pearl and I still have no legit shines but after my first legit can I cheat to get my favorite Pokemon and that is Flaeron. Back in the days of yellow version(I have that and blue then my brother has red the originals BTW) Flaeron was my best Pokemon with the move body slam I got him to 75 which is the highest lvl Pokemon I have on it. I just want to know if I can cheat to get a shiny one and admit I cheated.

what..? flareon with body slam moves..? egg moves or cheat..?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • lol...i dont have time for that..over 40 eggs in my boxes..:( just breed with normal ditto how come get shiny...:(

what..? flareon with body slam moves..? egg moves or cheat..?
    Then you can just trade them away.

Flareon can learn Body Slam via move tutor in FR/LG. I don't think cheating is a good idea, though.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • What? Catching and hatching shiny has the exact same odds, 1 out of like...5000 something, unless you chain or breed with foreign pokemon. Sure your eggs aren't too likely to hatch shiny but hey, you might be the lucky one. And I'm pretty sure hatching and releasing those eggs are still way faster than trading them all away to someone who actually wants them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    Can I cheat for a shinny Flaeron he is my favorite and I dont like SR im still hunting for my first shinny but after that may I cheat and admit that I have?

Years
  • What? Catching and hatching shiny has the exact same odds, 1 out of like...5000 something, unless you chain or breed with foreign pokemon. Sure your eggs aren't too likely to hatch shiny but hey, you might be the lucky one. And I'm pretty sure hatching and releasing those eggs are still way faster than trading them all away to someone who actually wants them.

almost all trader does not like egg...i put all eggs in one box then locked them...xD

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Can I cheat for a shinny Flaeron he is my favorite and I dont like SR im still hunting for my first shinny but after that may I cheat and admit that I have?

Go ahead and cheat on your own game but if you try to trade anyone your cheated stuff around here, you're gonna get smacked around like a pinball.

nm legend

Years
  • well i was in jublife city and while i was doing the questions to get the poketech thing i noticed the "looker" by a sign on the east exit of town where you battle the rival/friend......so wat happened is that i didnt talk to him....and after i got my poketech, he was gone.....so im askin anyone who can help me : Did i miss anything by not talking to the looker at that moment?...thanks in advance!

nm legend

Years
  • hey so im in the beggining still and i want to know if theres any good water pokemon i can catch in-game to be part of my squad...... i caught a magikarp but i dont have the time to train that sucker......so any suggestions would be nice...and yea i could bring anything over from my heartgold but im tryin to challenge myself as im only guna bring over a magnemite to get a magnezone....so thanks! oh and also im tryin to keep the team as "sinnoh" as possible thats why im askin for somethin i can get IN-GAME....thanks...

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • ^ The first that comes to my mind is Buizel, a fast physical attacker. You can get it at Valley Windworks (next to Floaroma Town) or at the south part of route 205 (also next to Floaroma.)

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • Shellos also works out if you're into Gastrodon, with only a grass weakness, good HP, and later access to Recover. However, it's low speed may be something you're not into, so as rndm said, Buizel and its evolution Floatzel also work out fine for fast and powerful attacks.

Or you could go with Bibarel if you decide to go with a Bidoof

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    If anyone is familiar wiht hacking pokemon saves...

Do pokemon have IVs already generated when they are eggs, or are they generated at hatching?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • IV's are set once you take the egg. However, other factors like nature, ability, and gender are set before you take the egg, so if you save right before taking delivery of the egg, and it turns out that upon hatching the baby has the right nature, ability, and gender but bad IV's, you can soft reset, take the egg again, and try for better IV's while keeping the same nature, ability, and gender.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • hey so im in the beggining still and i want to know if theres any good water pokemon i can catch in-game to be part of my squad...... i caught a magikarp but i dont have the time to train that sucker......so any suggestions would be nice...and yea i could bring anything over from my heartgold but im tryin to challenge myself as im only guna bring over a magnemite to get a magnezone....so thanks! oh and also im tryin to keep the team as "sinnoh" as possible thats why im askin for somethin i can get IN-GAME....thanks...

Buizel is a decent option
    Gastrodon is pretty good as well...
    To be honest, Sinnoh didn't really introduce many good NEW water types. However all of the old ones that exist in Sinnoh are pretty good. If you do have the patience to train Magikarp into Gyarados, then that is one of the best options, as long as you go physically offensive, and have Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Ice Fang. The last move is up to you. I reccomend surf just cause you will definitely need it to get around.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    Hi,

Quick question.

I'm usually not a cheating kind of person, but I wanted to start my new Platnium game with a both the grass/fire starter, so I looked into the "catch opponents Pokemon" cheat as I can't find any others to use, and I only have one console.

I was just wondering after I catch his Pokemon, will he just have one less Pokemon in all of our battles, or will he get the starter replaced with the remaining starter? etc.etc.

Thanks whoever can help.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Anyone have any ideas on how to see all of the platinum pokemon? My Pokedex only has about 110
    Search for the locations, or trainers that have them, or even trade for pokemon to get in your dex entries(pending you have wifi). It may be easier if you tell us the dex entries you a missing and we can help you find the trainers or area's with the said pokemon you are missing on your dex. Or if you don't know the pokemon post the dex numbers.

Back