• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I just bought the GBA version of Yoshi's Island and unlike the cartridge I had as a kid, this one will get a black screen if I leave it alone for about a minute. :/ Anyone know if this can be fixed? Is this a problem with the cartridge?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I just bought the GBA version of Yoshi's Island and unlike the cartridge I had as a kid, this one will get a black screen if I leave it alone for about a minute. :/ Anyone know if this can be fixed? Is this a problem with the cartridge?

Are you saying that it will boot up properly and then a minute after playing through a level or something it will just go black on you?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It boots up and plays fine, but if I leave the game unattended for about a minute, the screen goes black. I pressed all the buttons and it won't come back. The game is basically completely off, but the power is still on.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Has that happened with any other game on your device? Because if not, than it's most likely you got yourself a malfunctioned Yoshi's Island game unfortunately /:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nope, doesn't happen with other games. I figured it was just something with the cartridge. It's alright though. I picked it up for a good price and it's still playable, I just have to give it my undivided attention. The fact it plays is all that matters really. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Nope, doesn't happen with other games. I figured it was just something with the cartridge. It's alright though. I picked it up for a good price and it's still playable, I just have to give it my undivided attention. The fact it plays is all that matters really. Thanks!
    Could you take close pictures of the cartridge? (Front, back and try the inside as well.)

You probably got a bootleg copy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Didn't even think of that. Here are the pics.

Front:
    Spoiler:

Oddly enough, the Nintendo seal was marked through. Not sure if it's because the previous owner is just careless (just look at how beat up the sticker is) or if it's significant in any way.

Back:
    Spoiler:

I cannot get a picture of the insides at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Seems genuine so far but just in case get a genuine GBA game and your YI cartridge and compare it. Check the insides like in this picture:
    Spoiler:

If it has the Nintendo text its most likely genuine. (Though bootlegs lately have been good on making sure it's there)

Another way to know is to check if there's a number imprinted on the front on the label. It's hard to see (especially in pictures) but if you look close enough you should be able to see it. Get a genuine GBA cartridge to compare to help. If it's not there it's a bootleg.

Also if you have tri-wing screwdriver the best way to know is to open the cartridge and see what's inside. Here's a comparison picture bootleg (FF V) vs real (FF IV)
    Spoiler:

Even if it's genuine it might be worth opening it up just to possibly see why it's been shutting down. Hope this helps.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I see Nintendo on that part of the circuits. I've got a friend who should be able to open it up and help me identify it (I'm not good at all this sort of stuff lmao). Thanks for the help. Also, I hope you wouldn't mind but would you be alright with me adding these pics and the information to the FAQ in Advance Generation? There's a portion on identifying fake games, so this would be useful there.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah, I see Nintendo on that part of the circuits. I've got a friend who should be able to open it up and help me identify it (I'm not good at all this sort of stuff lmao). Thanks for the help. Also, I hope you wouldn't mind but would you be alright with me adding these pics and the information to the FAQ in Advance Generation? There's a portion on identifying fake games, so this would be useful there.
    They're not mine, but you could probably link this:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/identifying-fake-gba-games-a-useful-faq.327354/

It's missing stuff like the imprinted numbers and the circuit picture (which you could probably post.) You can probably add those yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    If you are a fan of etrain odyssesy , give me advise

i finished Etrain odyssesy untold. I plan to start new game+ does the game get much more difficult?

if I finish new game + , will it keep going like new game + +?

should i buy etrain odyssesy the legend of titan? is it more difficult than untold?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • should i buy etrain odyssesy the legend of titan? is it more difficult than untold?

Well, that depends. Supposedly Untold is easier (but still EO hard), but at the same time, has features such as new dungeons and the airship system implemented. So it all depends on whether you want more Etrian Odyssey or not (and which portion of Untold you liked more: The story portion or the Classic portion).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    I got a question!
    I'd assume it would be under this category.
    So I need help deciding what PSN account out of the two I own I should use!
    The two I own are called UltraMew and PsychicMew, and I personally like them both so that's why I need help deciding! Thoughts?
    I messaged a mod and got told to have a look in the video games section and this is to do with video games right? If not could a mod please move or delete ;)
    Would be a very big help! ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    is bravely default easy? i heard people say that once you get everything right such as skill
    gear. this game is easy as pokemon

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I got a question!
    I'd assume it would be under this category.
    So I need help deciding what PSN account out of the two I own I should use!
    The two I own are called UltraMew and PsychicMew, and I personally like them both so that's why I need help deciding! Thoughts?
    I messaged a mod and got told to have a look in the video games section and this is to do with video games right? If not could a mod please move or delete ;)
    Would be a very big help! ^^
    How about something different altogether. Y'know, break through the ceiling of the mundane create something with spice.

is bravely default easy? i heard people say that once you get everything right such as skill
    gear. this game is easy as pokemon
    The game, as far as I know, is as easy as you want it to be (depending on how you customize the difficulty). However, given what I played, I wouldn't put it nearly on the level of ease of Pokemon.

Sakura Oogami

Sacrificed
    Years
  • Um, I seem to be having an issue with Spot Pass/Street Pass. When I have the switch on, it won't activate/load and I get an error message. This leaves me unable to access the PSS on my X version. Did the wi-fi thingy inside break?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Help: ok so I've downloaded pokemon blaze & blaze 2 from mediafire as a zip. I'm currently using the nds4ios for non jail broken iPhone, now in the game it crashes in certain areas of the game where I need to go but can't. For example- the passage way too dream yard on blaze will crash if I go through. Any suggestions?

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

I heard that 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

I heard that 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.
    If you don't plan on buying any DLC, digital games, eshop games, VC, or FtP, you're missing out there's no reason to get a 32 Gig or even a 16 Gig. Or an 8 Gig. Heck, or even a 4. In fact, if you're not going to use the eshop at all you might as well just stick with the 2 Gig that comes with it.

...But seriously, you're missing out.

Back