• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
  • If you don't plan on buying any DLC, digital games, eshop games, VC, or FtP, you're missing out there's no reason to get a 32 Gig or even a 16 Gig. Or an 8 Gig. Heck, or even a 4. In fact, if you're not going to use the eshop at all you might as well just stick with the 2 Gig that comes with it.

...But seriously, you're missing out.

I'd never buy retail games digitally, even if it was cheaper. I just prefer owning the physical cartridges/discs and the game cases with cover art and manuals.

As far as digital-only games though, I would buy those, just not DLC. They'd have to be full games etc.

Anyways, thanks alot for answering. Btw, I thought the XL came with a 4GB memory card, not a 2GB like the normal 3DS does?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'd never buy retail games digitally, even if it was cheaper. I just prefer owning the physical cartridges/discs and the game cases with cover art and manuals.

As far as digital-only games though, I would buy those, just not DLC. They'd have to be full games etc.

Anyways, thanks alot for answering. Btw, I thought the XL came with a 4GB memory card, not a 2GB like the normal 3DS does?
    Ah, okay, I thought you just meant you weren't going to buy eshop stuff at all, which would be a huge loss.

In that case, I'd start go with a Class 10 16GB. Or lower, actually. There are a lot of digital only games on the 3DS (eshop, full, and otherwise) so it really depends on what catches your eye and what your interested in. I have a 32 gig and I have many retail, large eshop, and VC games on there, and it's still not full. So I'd say, for someone who doesn't want Digital games at all, 8 would be good but, in case there happen to be a lot of digital-only full games on there as well as larger eshop titles (which there are a good amount of) that end up catching your eye, 16 GB is safer yet more expensive.

So, it really depends on your interests and how often you game on your 3DS. If you have broad interests, go 16 GB (Class 10 for speed, but it certainly isn't required), but if you're more focused when it comes to your handheld exploits, go lower-class 8 GB.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • I looked thru all the games 3DS eShop has to offer via their website, but sadly couldn't find any digital-only titles I'd be interested in playing.

I might still buy a 8GB card at the very least though, just to be safe.

Oh and thanks once again for everything, you've been awesome :).

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Want to get a nintendo 3ds

I wanted to know about where i should get a 3ds, I'm from south america (argentina) and thought of importing it, because it's kind of expensive here. Any place where i can buy it?

if i buy it, how should i do with the battery, how should i clean it, etc?

thanks!

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • After realizing my mistake of creating a whole new thread (in tech. and internet, no less) far too late, I've come here for help with my Action Replay.

I'm playing Platinum, right? And suddenly I realized you couldn't talk to Dawn while selecting a starter. However, I wanted to see if she had anything to say. So, I pop my copy of Platinum into my Action Replay (which IS 3DS compatible, by the way - I've used it before) and it was still displaying that I didn't have a cartridge in.

I figure "okay, maybe I have to update". So I found the most recent update (from June 2013) and attempted to update it. It worked for a while, but a sudden error occurred. Another attempt at updating showed an error saying that the Action Replay was not 3DS compatible (which I know for a fact it is). I attempted to reset the AR via the code manager, but it also gave me an error that said the version number couldn't be identified and that I should boot it in a DS first. That's not gonna happen until I update, but I need to reset first so that I can.

I tried many different cords, using pressurized air to clean for dust, etc., but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • After realizing my mistake of creating a whole new thread (in tech. and internet, no less) far too late, I've come here for help with my Action Replay.

I'm playing Platinum, right? And suddenly I realized you couldn't talk to Dawn while selecting a starter. However, I wanted to see if she had anything to say. So, I pop my copy of Platinum into my Action Replay (which IS 3DS compatible, by the way - I've used it before) and it was still displaying that I didn't have a cartridge in.

I figure "okay, maybe I have to update". So I found the most recent update (from June 2013) and attempted to update it. It worked for a while, but a sudden error occurred. Another attempt at updating showed an error saying that the Action Replay was not 3DS compatible (which I know for a fact it is). I attempted to reset the AR via the code manager, but it also gave me an error that said the version number couldn't be identified and that I should boot it in a DS first. That's not gonna happen until I update, but I need to reset first so that I can.

I tried many different cords, using pressurized air to clean for dust, etc., but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?
    What Action Replay is this? Because it's likely that it was just blocked by 3DS firmware update. Given that the last update was in June 2013 and that, much like flashcarts, Nintendo does release updates that block AR, it's probably been blocked.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • What Action Replay is this? Because it's likely that it was just blocked by 3DS firmware update. Given that the last update was in June 2013 and that, much like flashcarts, Nintendo does release updates that block AR, it's probably been blocked.

A Datel DSi with 3DS support. The support was still up and working during the winter season of this year, as far as I know, and part of spring.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • My used 160GB PS3 is refusing to play any of my physical retail game bluray discs.

I think it's the bluray drive/laser, but not 100% sure. Anyways, I was hoping someone here could help me solve the issue please?

Preferably without having to spend any money, I'll be broke until July 26th.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Best Zelda Game for Newcomer?

So I really want to get into Zelda but I don't know which one to start with! Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    You could start with pretty much most of them. Just not Majora's Mask.

OOT for the 3D games, A Link to the Past for 2D perhaps? Although A Link Between Worlds should be a very solid start as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Honestly, any of them are good starts except for Majora's Mask. Not that it's a bad game, but it's the most different from the other Zelda games and wouldn't give you a very clear idea of what Zelda is typically like. I recommend playing it some time after you've played some other Zelda games, though.

Ocarina of Time is a great start, as well as Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds. Whatever is most easily accessible to you is probably the best option though. If you have a 3DS, your options are really wide considering OoT is on it and Link Between Worlds. Plus, you can purchase older Zelda games like the original and the Oracle series through eShop.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • Update: I had my friend look at my 160GB Slim PS3 again, and apparently it's either the Blu-Ray drive itself that's malfunctioning, which will cost me $80 New on eBay, or it's the HDD, in which case I'm hoping just formatting it and re-installing the PS3 OS will fix the problem.

If it is the HDD and formatting/reinstalling doesn't work, I have my eyes set on a 500GB Western Digital for only $50 New on Amazon.

I just hope they're not both malfunctioning, I can't afford to spend $130 all at once.

Back