• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • AFAIK, I think quote notifications is in the works for PC 2.0.. not entirely sure on it though, but that's what I think I've been seeing around.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Hello everyone, I'm new here. Not sure if this is the correct place to type all this but I need help. Do you start a thread by yourself or continue from others, also how and where do you get GIF's for your profiles, thanks. :)

Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm new here. Not sure if this is the correct place to type all this but I need help. Do you start a thread by yourself or continue from others, also how and where do you get GIF's for your profiles, thanks. :)

Yes you can start a thread by yourself, provided the topic doesn't already exist in an active thread. Keep in mind some sections require threads going under mod approval, it'll say so in the index. As Onicon said, reviving threads more than one month old is against the rules, but it may be different in some sections.

As for GIFs in profiles? Are you talking about profile pictures? There's an option in the User CP called "Edit Profile Picture" and like avatars, they do have a size limit which differs in size based on usergroups. And they don't always have to be GIFs, they can be any pics you like.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Can normal users use Javascript while creating threads? (Trade shops)

Sorry if this is the wrong place :/

I believe you're referring to CSS. We don't really use Javascript or HTML coding in posts. Member use CSS coding to make their posts (or shops, rather) to make them more presentable to others. If you want to learn more, you can refer to the CSS Help thread to learn about compatible codes here. There's also a CSS Template thread where you can use pre-made shop templates made by the mods as well as others. :D Hope this helps~

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I believe you're referring to CSS. We don't really use Javascript or HTML coding in posts. Member use CSS coding to make their posts (or shops, rather) to make them more presentable to others. If you want to learn more, you can refer to the CSS Help thread to learn about compatible codes here. There's also a CSS Template thread where you can use pre-made shop templates made by the mods as well as others. :D Hope this helps~

Thank you for the information, although I was referring to JavaScript. So is JavaScript/HTML incompatible with PC? Again thanks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, it's incompatible unfortunately. If you like, you can check [here] for the list of all BB codes PC has for use. It's a wonderful reference worthy of bookmarking. Good luck!~

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok I want to post a poll for what I should transport from my 5th gen. games to trade on my 6th gen. game, since my thread is so huge, no really looks at the 1st page any more since most know I have any thing they will ask for, I want to post a thread on what should I transport since there is a cut off on the 4th and 5th gen. games now, where can I post this?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really think you should make a new thread for it; just go ahead and add the poll. :) People could view it from any page they're at, so no need to worry.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • I know its a old Question, but I can't find it anywhere. not even in CSS Basic Tutorial thread... so please help if ya can.

How to Resize Width of a image in my Signature

Any ideas?

However, I found a Example but didn't help. it was-:
    Example:
    [*cimg="width:50%;"] PIC here! [/cimg]

this didn't worked. so please help me with the code! {XD}

Years
    Years
  • I had an intensely epic dream the other day, it involved the legendary beast trio, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. As well as some elements from Mtg. Where would a Poke dream thread belong? Is there one already? I couldn't find one. :( am I alone in my poke dreams?

Years
  • I had an intensely epic dream the other day, it involved the legendary beast trio, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. As well as some elements from Mtg. Where would a Poke dream thread belong? Is there one already? I couldn't find one. :( am I alone in my poke dreams?

I believe topics about the Pokemon itself, like this one would go in the Pokemon General section here. You can always contact that section's moderators, Jamais and Doctor to check if it's okay to go ahead.

Good luck!

Years
  • Is something going on at Chit Chat Café recently? Because over half the newest threads there have been getting votes of three or less stars from only one person, some with two. Is someone trolling the threads there or something? I would imagine there's someone here who can see who votes... I know the voting thingy isn't really a big deal in the big picture, but i've noticed it being common recently.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Is something going on at Chit Chat Café recently? Because over half the newest threads there have been getting votes of three or less stars from only one person, some with two. Is someone trolling the threads there or something? I would imagine there's someone here who can see who votes... I know the voting thingy isn't really a big deal in the big picture, but i've noticed it being common recently.
    Evidently someone's just having fun. XD

Years
  • "Reduce Large Avatars" option is not working for me all the sudden, anything to do with the new userbars?

Yeah I think that's definitely the case. It's the same result on my end as well, supporters have their new userbars but some of the staff members are missing their small supporter and/or battle server staff tags too in the postbit. Someone must have been playing around with the coding I guess.

I also captured a screenshot for those who were wondering what I'm talking about:

picture.php

(ignore the second part, that's just me having a laugh)

For example, Syd usually also has Tier 4 Supporter but the small T4 supporter tag (aka the green square with the number) isn't showing up, and that also happens to be the case for any other staff member who has supporter or battle server staff title as well. And just to note I also enabled large avatars to get resized but they are still appearing big, like Andy (Catholic Nun) and Slayr's.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Something which a few of our plugins use broke last night and I've not been able to figure out why yet aka I need to go crying to Audy. Sit tight!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back