• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
How do you embed videos on your profile?

I tried to post the share URL like the example says (http://youtu.be/J67nkzoJ_2M) in the edit profile tab but the video didn't work. I also tried to post it the older way it worked (v/J67nkzoJ_2M) but no luck. Tried posting the full URL, nada.

You don't need the v/ part anymore, so just put in: J67nkzoJ_2M.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm sure this has been asked before but it didn't show up when I searched the thread. How do I attach files to posts? Am I just oblivious, missing the button to put it into the post or do I have to go through several different steps to put it in?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm sure this has been asked before but it didn't show up when I searched the thread. How do I attach files to posts? Am I just oblivious, missing the button to put it into the post or do I have to go through several different steps to put it in?
There is a button next to the smiley face dropdown in your tools box at the top of the Advanced post view.

http://prntscr.com/370v7n Click that and you can upload your attachments!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, not sure if this has been asked already, but I've looked through the posts in the last few days, so I think it's ok.

Just recently, as in about half an hour ago, when I logged on, I looked at the top-right of the page, you know, where the link to your profile is and all, and it said, "Gary was here, Feraligatr13 is a loser." This wasn't degrading or anything, it's just new. When I went to different pages on the forum, I saw different phrases as seen below in this quote:

Goedendag, Feraligatr13!
What brings you to the Candy Kingdom, Feraligatr13?
ahn nyeong, Feraligatr13
Nǐ hǎo, Feraligatr13
Bring it on, Feraligatr13
Live long and prosper, Feraligatr13
Brace yourselves, Feraligatr13 is coming
The force is strong with Feraligatr13

Could someone explain to me what's up with this? I'm not mad or annoyed or anything, but I'd like an explanation as to what this is. Thanks ^_^

Years
Oh, that's just the new notifications system. Owl (Audy btw) decided to make them fun so yeah he used all those instead of the generic "Welcome, (username)". Give him all the credit for that!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I created a new thread in the Battle Center a little bit ago. Normally when you do that, you can see the thread with "Pending Approval" or "Waiting for Approval" or whatever it is it says attached to it in the list of threads. But this time, nothing shows up at all. Did that change or did the thread not submit?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Try submitting the thread again, when I search for your posts I don't see it listed. I don't think it got submitted properly.

I tried submitting it again, twice (and one time was under a different forum style, just to see if that was the problem). It's still not there. Guess I'll try again later.

Part of me wonders if its my internet. Stupid thing's been acting up a bit this week.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
That's weird. It's definitely been submitted since I can see it when I search you.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
That's weird. It's definitely been submitted since I can see it when I search you.

That's strange, cuz I can't see it when I search my list of threads I've started.

EDIT: The thread is up in the Battle Center now. IDK why its suddenly there or wtf was going on, but hopefully it won't happen again.

Last edited:
Years
Seeing the "You came here for ROM Hacking?" line, I looked at that forum and noticed it had 1,070 people, almost a thousand being guests. Is that forum always that busy or something? Maybe there are so many aspiring ROM hackers out to make stuff, but I wouldn't think it's in that high demand.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
How do I resize images in a post? I want to make it small enough to appear next to or below a line of text but not just appear as a massive piece of work.

Years
How do I resize images in a post? I want to make it small enough to appear next to or below a line of text but not just appear as a massive piece of work.
[CIMG="width:100%;height:100%;"]yourimageurlhere[/CIMG]

Just adjust the percentages accordingly to how you want your image resized. Hope that helps! :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Occasionally when I open a thread or refresh the number 238 will appear in the top left corner of the page. I'm not sure what it is, I don't think it is doing anything but it caught my attention because it's there one second and not the next and it was different.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Apparently, it's the ID of your forum style. Same thing happened to me earlier today, but it all seems to be normal now. Not really sure what caused it, but maybe it's just admins experimenting with stuff? Similar things happen when they do on some occasion, so, yeah, that could most likely be the case. :b

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
I'm quite new to this forum as you can see so I'm not quite sure where to post this question. I've seen a lot of people having small pictures/animations of pokemon in their sig, so my question where do you find them? And where should I post this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back