• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    How would I go about having a trainer come out of a door, like if your rival came out of a gym?

Put your rival on top of the door and hide his sprite. In your script use the setdooropened command to open the door then unhide his sprite and have it walk out.

Years
    This could be a little funny but can anyone tell me how to create a spoiler. It would be better if illustrations are added and please also tell me why we use spoilers. Thanks for your help.

Years
    This could be a little funny but can anyone tell me how to create a spoiler. It would be better if illustrations are added and please also tell me why we use spoilers. Thanks for your help.

Wrap whatever it is you wish to hide in [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags, [SPOILER]like this[/SPOILER].
    Spoiler:

Note questions about the forum itself do not belong here, however; in the future, you can ask them in Community Feedback & Support's Quick Questions & Answers thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Hello I have a few more questions as I always do.
    1. I would like to remove the script in Firered that releases one of the legendary dogs into the isles.
    2. I am wondering if it is possible to transfer music from Emerald into firered?
    3. I just cannot script. I have read tutorials and watched videos but I still do not fully understand what im doing. I was wondering if there was a place I could go to request the creation if some scripts. If this isn't possible it is alright.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Hello I have a few more questions as I always do.
    1. I would like to remove the script in Firered that releases one of the legendary dogs into the isles.
    2. I am wondering if it is possible to transfer music from Emerald into firered?
    3. I just cannot script. I have read tutorials and watched videos but I still do not fully understand what im doing. I was wondering if there was a place I could go to request the creation if some scripts. If this isn't possible it is alright.

1. Google it. I remember reading about this, but I'm too lazy to dig up a link :/
    2. Yeah it is
    3. No, such a thread does not exist. For learning scripting, first identify the script editor you want to use (pick Red Alien for goodness and XSE for tutorials and false documentation), then read said tutorials until you understand. There is no way you'll be able to make a hack if you cannot script. You're essentially trying to get someone to do all the scripting for you. It's just not going to happen, nor is it feasible. Try your best to learn, and if something stumps you, there is the script help thread available.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Can somebody explain the process of creating several new palettes at once using JPAN's hacked engine? I was able to follow this tutorial and add a single palette, but I don't understand the actual process enough to figure out how to insert multiple palettes at once (if that makes sense). I would like to be able to actually make sense of what's going on with the data rather than just follow the tutorial to the tee.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    I followed itman's tutorial on adding new moves to FireRed and it seems to have gone smoothly, but when I go into PGE's Attack Editor, it only lists the moves that were previously available. Are there supposed to be empty slots, or is there another way I'm supposed to add new moves (or did I mess up somewhere)?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I followed itman's tutorial on adding new moves to FireRed and it seems to have gone smoothly, but when I go into PGE's Attack Editor, it only lists the moves that were previously available. Are there supposed to be empty slots, or is there another way I'm supposed to add new moves (or did I mess up somewhere)?

Did you edit PGE's ini files to match your changes in your ROM?

Edit the AttackNames, NumberOfAttacks, PokemonAttackTable, AttackData, AttackDescriptionTable and AttackAnimationTable.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Did you edit PGE's ini files to match your changes in your ROM?

Edit the AttackNames, NumberOfAttacks, PokemonAttackTable, AttackData, AttackDescriptionTable and AttackAnimationTable.

Ah, I only edited AttackNames, NumberOfAttacks, and AttackData. I think I may have hecked it up, though, by not inserting the bytes correctly. :/

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Alright, I think I got it to work now, as there are many empty slots in PGE. But whenever I click on one of the new moveslots, I get "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application ... Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value." or "(my rom) cannot be accessed because it is being used by another process."

What should I do about this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Thanks FBI but now I have more questions!
    I was wondering how I would set up a script that detected which fossil was chosen in Mount Moon and gave the opposite to the player?
    Also I was wondering if I could allow the Player to receive both Fighting Type Pokemon in the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City?
    Finally I was looking at the Wild Encounter Scripts for Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo in Fire Red and they have some fairly interesting things going on in that that I do not fully understand. Since I would like to add new legendary Pokemon locations into Fire Red I wanted to create battles that were similar to these I wanted to know if there was a good tutorial/explanation that said what exactly was going on in these scripts?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Thanks FBI but now I have more questions!
    I was wondering how I would set up a script that detected which fossil was chosen in Mount Moon and gave the opposite to the player?
    Also I was wondering if I could allow the Player to receive both Fighting Type Pokemon in the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City?
    Finally I was looking at the Wild Encounter Scripts for Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo in Fire Red and they have some fairly interesting things going on in that that I do not fully understand. Since I would like to add new legendary Pokemon locations into Fire Red I wanted to create battles that were similar to these I wanted to know if there was a good tutorial/explanation that said what exactly was going on in these scripts?

Check out how flags work in scripting. Also, the best way to learn scripting is to decompile the scripts and check what each command is doing individually. In XSE you can press F11 and check the command's functionality out. From there, make your own script. Back in my day, the tutorials sucked, and that's how we learned :P

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Alright, I think I got it to work now, as there are many empty slots in PGE. But whenever I click on one of the new moveslots, I get "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application ... Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value." or "(my rom) cannot be accessed because it is being used by another process."

What should I do about this?

Uh...
    "(my rom) cannot be accessed because it is being used by another process."
    I think that's self-explanatory. Your ROM shouldn't be opened by any other tools/hex editors if you want to use PGE. :/

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Uh...

I think that's self-explanatory. Your ROM shouldn't be opened by any other tools/hex editors if you want to use PGE. :/

That's the thing, though. I even restarted my computer and first thing I did was open PGE and I still got that error saying it was being used when it wasn't.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    That's the thing, though. I even restarted my computer and first thing I did was open PGE and I still got that error saying it was being used when it wasn't.

Hm... Okay, I dunno. I'm not using that tool anymore after I switched to Gen3Tools made by Kurapika. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back