• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen `R/S/E Monospecies Challenge′

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
Years
  • On Linux you can use the Linux Version of VBA, google for VisualBoyAdvance Linux.
    then you write in a terminal; VisualBoyAdvance [Path to gba file]
    or you can use VBAExpress, that let you change configuration and pass arguments and start a game graphicallly.

Thank-you for the advice, I had tried VBAExpress before and Ruby and emerald they they would load the Gameboy Advance logo really fast and the same thing happened with normal visualboy linux :(
    And wine won't let me emulate windows vba

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Its that chart that allows the ship from Slateport City and Lilycove City to sail to Far Away Island, where Mew resides, its not a cheat its just really obscure way to obtain Mew(for slavery pourposes of course)

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I have tried wine->windows vba too, just beacuse the GS/AR isn't in the Linux Version...
    But it didn't load :(
    And If you don't have a Corrupted ROM, it should work...
    What Distro are you using? It works fine in Fedora 9

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry I'm quite late starting this as I've had a lot of homework to do.

I'll start tommorrow I promise :P

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    - Rescued the Wingull
    - Caught a Ziggy For HM Slave
    - Beat Brawly
    - Delivered Letter to Steven
    - Defeated Team Magma in Slateport.
    - Beat May
    - Got to Mauville City and beat Wally. Going to take on Wattson after I Uber Grind to around lvl 35-40 and train other 2 in the day care.

Edit: I forgot to update this when I cpied and pasted it, so due to my random random grinding...
    Both Mightenas are lvl 45.

-Beat the gym

Last edited:

bav123

Do a Barrel Roll
    Years
  • *zoink*

Can I take Sableye? I'll play on an emulated Emerald, but I'm unsure of how often I'll be able to play :P

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    -Found out I was collect ash without the soot sack. Re collected ash. Made a yellow and blue flute.
    -Watched magma steal the meteorite and evolved Taiyaki and Onigiri (level 45)
    -Defeated Magma grunts/got the meteorite back.
    -Defeated Flannery (level 50)
    -Trained to 55, went back to Petalburg, saved and quit for the day.

`R/S/E Monospecies Challenge′

Onigiri-Mild-Male-55
    Faint Attack
    Shock Wave
    Covet
    Sing

Taiyaki-Brave-Female-55
    Double Edge
    Return
    Secret Power
    Dig

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Its that chart that allows the ship from Slateport City and Lilycove City to sail to Far Away Island, where Mew resides, its not a cheat its just really obscure way to obtain Mew(for slavery pourposes of course)

Oh, sure. If you're not going to use Mew for battling, then it would make the perfect HM slave. Go ahead~

I'll take 1 Mudkip Please

All right, I'll add you to the list.

Can I take Sableye? I'll play on an emulated Emerald, but I'm unsure of how often I'll be able to play :P

Yes you may. I'll add you to the list.

Good luck only having one Pokemon to Play the game with.

It's not hard at all. In fact, it's easier. All of the EXP goes to that single Pokemon, which makes it level fast and easy. I beat all of Silver version, including Red, with a single Arbok in the high 70s level. It's not hard at all.

Yes, you can breed, but if the Pokemon you've bred is different from your chosen Pokemon, then you can't use it to battle.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Oh, sure. If you're not going to use Mew for battling, then it would make the perfect HM slave. Go ahead~

All right, I'll add you to the list.

Yes you may. I'll add you to the list.

It's not hard at all. In fact, it's easier. All of the EXP goes to that single Pokemon, which makes it level fast and easy. I beat all of Silver version, including Red, with a single Arbok in the high 70s level. It's not hard at all.

Yes, you can breed, but if the Pokemon you've bred is different from your chosen Pokemon, then you can't use it to battle.

I know what, But then your doing more or less of a Solo Run.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I have tried wine->windows vba too, just beacuse the GS/AR isn't in the Linux Version...
    But it didn't load :(
    And If you don't have a Corrupted ROM, it should work...
    What Distro are you using? It works fine in Fedora 9

Thank you so much- it was the rom's fault Lol. Update soon on surskit challenge soon

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Banners for this challenge are now available for those of you who want to wear them.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry about this but may I change to Mawile?
    I just found my Ruby

Cheers.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    UPDATE TIME!

Started With

Fought
    And Won
    Went To Rustboro City Then To The Route Next To It
    And Caught 3 lvl 8

Training @ Petalburg Woods
    Not Fighting Roxanne Till I Have 3 lvl 31 Ninjask(slash)
    And 3 lvl 31 shedinja

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Some of the pokemon names are wrong on the banners. On Sableye it says "Mawile" and on Tentacool it says "Magikarp"

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • That's beacuse they all are built on the Nincada Banner.
    First i did the Nincada Banner, and then changed the sprite(dp, i know, but rse is hard to get...) and the Pokemon name, and the Background Gradient.
    I have corrected the Sableye(and made a nicer Gradient :)), and will change the Tentacool Name as soon as i have time...
    Anything else you don't like?
    And i have now all of the files hosted on my own Site, imageshack.us was too irritating and non-userfriendly(or just non-firefox friendly).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back