• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raging Waves - The Water Type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
  • Name- Sayan.

Partner- Ryuu the Kingdra.

Reason for joining- I really like Water Pokemon. It's the most common Pokemon type, so trainers have a wide selection to choose from. The typing is great both offensively and defensively, making Water Pokemon really versatile. Offensively, Water attacks gets good neutral coverage when paired with either Normal, Flying or Dragon. Defensively, they only have 2 weaknesses, which often get neutralised with the presence of a second type such as Ground, Electric or Dragon. Water Pokemon also learn moves of different types. Almost all of them can learn Ice attacks, while some like Starmie and Gyarados can learn attacks of various types.

Strongest 3-
    1. Kyogre- Summons permanent rain and fires STAB, rain boosted 150 power Water Spouts. 'Nuff said.

2. Palkia- Gets near perfect neutral coverage with only its STAB moves. Can go special, physical or mixed and run a variety of sets. Has two 4x resistances to 2 common types and only 1 weakness.

3. Kingdra- Has the same STAB coverage, 4x resistances and single weakness as Palkia. Plus, its speed skyrockets in the rain. Can go on a rampage in the rain with high speed and perfect coverage with Outrage and rain boosted Waterfall (both effectively 180 base power.)

If I could keep a Water Pokemon as a pet, I'd keep a Milotic. It's classy, elegant and beautiful, plus it can sing, what more can I ask for.

The Water Pokemon I find cutest is Squirtle. Its big eyes are quite adorable.
    Welcome to the club Sayan, I hope you'll have fun and stay active.
    Tbh, I only understand like 30% of that post, since competitive battling is not anything I've ever gotten into, though you seem to know what you're talking about.
    Milotic would be a great pet to have, depending on what type of pets you like, yes. If people like the finer, more elegant types of pets, Milotic would probably be a great choice. I personally would probably choose a Pokémon which you could have a lot of fun with, but that would apply for all Pokémon depending on how you raise it, wouldn't it.
    Squirtle is most definitely cute, especially with those adorable eyes, yes n_n

Anyways, I think the most obvious choice for the change of the surfing sprite would probably be to match whatever Pokémon that used surf and I really how they'll insert it into the games at one point, though it will probably be some time before that happens. A sprite I would like to see the surfing sprite be would probably be Blastoise. It seems like an ideal Pokémon to surf on, and it seems just as fit for a surfing sprite as Lapras and Wailmer.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hey everyone! :)

Username/Nickname: Hydro Pumper (or Hydro is just fine~)

Partner Pokémon: Kingdra

Reason for joining the club: Water is my favourite Pokemon type (has been since Generation I), because of their designs and origins; each Water-type has a story of its own. Every single Water-type Pokemon is unique in some way, and fills it's own niche for a team. I love making Rain teams competitively, and Water monotype teams in-game.

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Kingdra, Gyarados and Ludicolo.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Sorry, I haven't been active much...
    If I could have a Water Pokemon for a pet, I'd choose Buizel or Floatzel because if I'm drowning, they can save me.

The toughest Water Pokemon for me has to be Swampert. This is because from my past experience, Swampert has always held out against all odds. When my Swampert was Level 70 something in Emerald, he held out against three of Steven's Pokemon before fainting to Metagross. And I was like nine years old when that happened.

If I could choose the surfing sprite, I'd change it to a Wailord taking up half the ocean I don't really know. I think it would be cool if your surfing Pokemon knew Substitute, then you could be like Yellow and surf on a Substitute surfboard.

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Username/Nickname:joelzio123 but you can call me Joelz

Partner Pokémon: AquaStar the Buizel

Reason for joining the club: I think water pokemon are a cool and strong addition to a pokemon team :D

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Buizel, Empoleon, Milotic

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Like I mentioned above, Jellicent and Swampert are by far extremely useful and poweful pokemon on the battlefield. (Primarily swampert for power) Jellicent's unique typing allow it to use moves such as Will-o-wisp and Hex in a combination to deal quite a fair bit of damage along with the fact that its abilities are both pretty good; (can't quite recall the names but I remember one absorbs health from water attacks and the other disables physical moves.) So yeah, Jellicent cna be pretty tricky to defeat, unless you outmatch its terrible speed.

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I think the cutest pokemon would have to be.... A spheal because its small and its chubby face that's a cute pokemon!
    I would go for a swim with a Lapras because it's like a boat and is a nice size to sit on better than swimming with a mudkip or something.
    And lastly I would have a Buizel as a pet because it's the most awesomest water pokemon ever!

Years
  • Like I mentioned above, Jellicent and Swampert are by far extremely useful and poweful pokemon on the battlefield. (Primarily swampert for power) Jellicent's unique typing allow it to use moves such as Will-o-wisp and Hex in a combination to deal quite a fair bit of damage along with the fact that its abilities are both pretty good; (can't quite recall the names but I remember one absorbs health from water attacks and the other disables physical moves.) So yeah, Jellicent cna be pretty tricky to defeat, unless you outmatch its terrible speed.

For Jellicent's abilities, I think you are talking about Water Absorb and Cursed Body. Mine has Cursed Body.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I believe it's time for something, and that is a new topic.

'If you could redesign the surfing sprite to any Pokémon, which Pokémon would the sprite be of?'

Although this is a hard one, I would have to say that in the future that comes......maybe if they have enough time or skill to manage this, have each pokemon{that's able to learn surf} to have their own sprite, much like those in HG SS with the walking sprites.

If not...then a blue blob would be fine as it was used like before.

Olli

Years
  • Hey everyone! :)

Username/Nickname: Hydro Pumper (or Hydro is just fine~)

Partner Pokémon: Kingdra

Reason for joining the club: Water is my favourite Pokemon type (has been since Generation I), because of their designs and origins; each Water-type has a story of its own. Every single Water-type Pokemon is unique in some way, and fills it's own niche for a team. I love making Rain teams competitively, and Water monotype teams in-game.

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Kingdra, Gyarados and Ludicolo.

Username/Nickname:joelzio123 but you can call me Joelz

Partner Pokémon: AquaStar the Buizel

Reason for joining the club: I think water pokemon are a cool and strong addition to a pokemon team :D

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Buizel, Empoleon, Milotic

Username/Nickname:flubb

Partner Pokémon: Palkia

Reason for joining the club: I like water types, and I like discussing them

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Swampert, Marshtomp, Palkia
    Welcome to the club you three, I hope you'll have fun and stay active ;)

I agree that all Water types are unique, even Pokémon as weak as Magikarp, since it will eventually evolve and become a lot stronger. Even those Pokémon who stay weak has once been favored at one point, so they aren't without love. I don't believe I've ever played through a game without a Water type on my team, nor do I believe I ever will, as I always think there is a place for Water types in every team. I've never battled competitively before, at least not seriously, but I think I may have learned that there's something good about those Rain Teams >_<

Have fun discussing the topics in the club and feel free to change the topic if you think it has gone on for long enough n_n

If I could choose the surfing sprite, I'd change it to a Wailord taking up half the ocean I don't really know. I think it would be cool if your surfing Pokemon knew Substitute, then you could be like Yellow and surf on a Substitute surfboard.
    Haha, if it was a Wailord, it would just be walking, so it wouldn't really be a surfing sprite, more like a different kind of tile :p
    The thing about the surfboard, are you referring to Yellow in the manga, or the item ????? in the Pokémon Green beta which was called the surfboard?
    [EDIT] Oh, what an idiot I am. So you're talking about the sprite of Pikachu on a surfboard in Pokémon Yellow?

Although this is a hard one, I would have to say that in the future that comes......maybe if they have enough time or skill to manage this, have each pokemon{that's able to learn surf} to have their own sprite, much like those in HG SS with the walking sprites.

If not...then a blue blob would be fine as it was used like before.
    I agree with that, as it would just feel much more... correct, that changing it to the sprite of Lapras or some other Pokémon, though, if you're referring to the surfing sprite in R/S/E, then it's actually supposed to be a Wailmer. I don't remember the surfing sprites for the later games, though.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    'If you could redesign the surfing sprite to any Pokémon, which Pokémon would the sprite be of?'
    If you own a Pikachu, you can have a surfing Pikachu

I like Lapras. Just put your guy on top of Lapras the way Lapras looks in HG/SS on Fridays when you go battle it. :)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • If the surfing sprite was to be changed, I'd want it to be different for every Pokemon. It should reflect the Pokemon that's using surf. If HGSS can have a Pokemon of your choice following you around, it wouldn't be that difficult to have a surfing sprite for every Pokemon (or atleast one for each Pokemon that can learn surf). Failing that, they should at least have 1 sprite for 1 group of Pokemon that have similar physical features (maybe 1 for each body type).

Btw, as this club lacks a userbar, I've made one. Here it is-

Olli

Years
  • If the surfing sprite was to be changed, I'd want it to be different for every Pokemon. It should reflect the Pokemon that's using surf. If HGSS can have a Pokemon of your choice following you around, it wouldn't be that difficult to have a surfing sprite for every Pokemon (or atleast one for each Pokemon that can learn surf). Failing that, they should at least have 1 sprite for 1 group of Pokemon that have similar physical features (maybe 1 for each body type).

Btw, as this club lacks a userbar, I've made one. Here it is-

Thanks a lot for this nice userbar, it's really appreciated n_n
    You seem to have made a mistake though, by writing Waters instead of Waves, though it doesn't really matter. I'll be sure to reward you when I get some kind of points & reward system into the club n_n

OT:
    I completely agree with this. It shouldn't be such a hard task to make a surfing sprite for each Pokémon who can learn surf, if they're able to make a sprite for every single Pokémon introduced between the first and fourth gen >_< As for your other suggestion, I don't think it would work out. There aren't many Pokémon who have shapes similar enough to base a sprite on them, so it would just turn out weird :S

@Flubb and Sector Revenge
    I kinda got used to the Lapras sprite in the second generation games, though it would quickly get old if it was to become the surf sprite, though it is a great Pokémon.

New topic time! (remember you can all start new topics yourself >_<)
    'Are there any Pokémon you think should/shouldn't have been a Water type? Which ones and why?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Username/Nickname: Jellicent♀

Partner Pokémon: Pashmina, the female Jellicent

Reason for joining the club: Water type Pokemon are fabulous. They have some of the most versatile, unpredictable, and most powerful move pools of all (in my opinion). Their designs are amazing, their stats are wonderful, and everything about them screams "grace".

(Optional) Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon:

1. Jellicent: This is just one fabulous Pokemon. Its design is very unique and interesting, and its stats are nothing to play with. Huge HP and great Special Defense is what really attracts me to a Pokemon. Its move pool leaves room for great support, and when done right, can create a great offense. Plus, they have my favorite color combinations between both genders; blue, pink, and white!

2. Gyarados: One monster ready for action. His Attack is great, his Special Defense is impressive, and his move pool, while not always able to pull it off to its fullest potential, is wonderful. If only they could have great Special Attack, as well. I think we'd have a real monster on our hands. His design commands attention, and I think he's elegant in his own right.

3. Milotic: I'm a sucker for pretty Pokemon, and this is on gorgeous Pokemon. Great Special defense, good Special Attack, decent HP, great recovery support, and its move pool is interesting. It's beauty and elegance makes it a very popular appearance in my top ten Pokemon list.

As for the current topic, I don't understand what makes Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking a Water type Pokemon. Are they based off an animal that lives in the water that I just don't know about?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • How on earth did I make such a silly mistake! I've corrected it now, here's the fixed one-

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    'Are there any Pokémon you think should/shouldn't have been a Water type? Which ones and why?
    Any Pokemon that shouldn't or should be a Water type?

For one I would want to say that Gyarados should JUST be a Water type. That Flying side needs to go, he can't even fly.....Mantine too?

Other than that, the over population of Water types, I think it's perfect the way it is. If another Generation came..keep the pace but not to many Water types added to the PokeWorld.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • For one I would want to say that Gyarados should JUST be a Water type. That Flying side needs to go, he can't even fly.....Mantine too?

Nooo! Gyarados's Flying type gives it immunity to Earthquake and resistance vm fighting moves plus it gives it great coverage with 2 STAB moves (Water + Flying is only resisted by 3 Pokemon). If the Flying type should go, they should replace it with Dragon (but Gyarados will still lack Dragon Claw as it doesn't have, claws).

Why is Azurill Normal type?

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Nooo! Gyarados's Flying type gives it immunity to Earthquake and resistance vm fighting moves plus it gives it great coverage with 2 STAB moves (Water + Flying is only resisted by 3 Pokemon). If the Flying type should go, they should replace it with Dragon (but Gyarados will still lack Dragon Claw as it doesn't have, claws).

Why is Azurill Normal type?
    Normal type Azurill? We're talking about the one that evolves into Marill? I never noticed that one!!

Gyarados can learn Outrage in Generation 4......

Earthquake effects any other Pokemon as Gyarados is no different from the ones that aren't Flying/Levitating. The 4x Electric type attack is what's killing him big time. STAB moves with Flying? Ehh..who uses Bounce? LOL

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Normal type Azurill? We're talking about the one that evolves into Marill? I never noticed that one!!

Gyarados can learn Outrage in Generation 4......

Earthquake effects any other Pokemon as Gyarados is no different from the ones that aren't Flying/Levitating. The 4x Electric type attack is what's killing him big time. STAB moves with Flying? Ehh..who uses Bounce? LOL

No, what I meant to say is that the Flying type gives Gyarados more opportunities to switch in as Earthquake and Fighting moves are very commonly thrown around. And having Outrage and lacking Dragon Claw means it'd be no different than Kingdra (with more Atk and less Sp.A).

That and a lot of people use Bounce, although I don't (but I don't use Gyarados at all :p).

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

No, what I meant to say is that the Flying type gives Gyarados more opportunities to switch in as Earthquake and Fighting moves are very commonly thrown around. And having Outrage and lacking Dragon Claw means it'd be no different than Kingdra (with more Atk and less Sp.A).

That and a lot of people use Bounce, although I don't (but I don't use Gyarados at all :p).
    Neither do I LOL

But 4x Weakneses are....what do you want to call it.....a turnoff?

And Kingdra is very much a beast due to its Dragon/Water typing. Gyarados...just has to pray Thunderbolt/punch/fang isn't coming at him.

Then again, abilities play a role as Moxie is very good with Dragon Dance for Gyarados and Kingdra's Swift Swim abuse in Rainy Dance team....Mmmm

I don't know, we're all used to Gyarados the way he is now xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back