• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey OOC (T)

Sayoko

small evening child
Years

• Hi Faerydae! I thought you were still interested in joining, and I'm glad you did so soon. On to your character sheet though - overall I think it's fine, but I'd like you to just... flesh everything out a little more. Currently Althea (such a pretty name though) feels a little bare still. Could you just write a bit more detail into her personality and background sections? Also I know you added an image for her appearance, but it's black-and-white, and not all of her is shown, so... just a bit more description overall would be helpful :P
    Finally, Mawile doesn't actually learn Iron Head naturally until level 45, so I have to ask you to take that out too. Sorry!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    This is the guide I used in order to learn how to make my snazzy textboxes: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270307

I think there's also a FAQ/Q&A thread somewhere on the forums as well.

Though you don't necessarily have to format your posts using CSS to make them look nice. Try experimenting with different kinds of font, font sizes and indent tags.

This is an example of a bit "intended" tags. I actually just make a bunch of hyphens match the color of my post's background with "css-span: background-color:transparent", now, for my posts.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    4758-692531963.jpg

Robert Moss | Viridian City
    209MS.png

Alright! This is working! Further questions:
    1. How do I change the box's shape? - ie. round corners, add headers, like in Utopian's posts.
    2. How do I add additional boxes that are off-center? I've seen people do that and I assume it has to do with positioning, but still... (Looking at ShaymietheShaymin's posts)
    3. How do I add borders?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    How do I change the box's shape? How do I add additional boxes that are off-center? How do I add borders?
    Again, this thread is very useful for knowing which "code" to use for border-radius (which alters shape) and borders, as well as for other things.

Consider "float" for off-center textbooks.

But I'll also stress the best way to learn this type of stuff is by experimenting yourself. Try quoting posts with interesting formatting and seeing what was done.

As a general notice, my second post is in the works. It's actually getting to be quite long, hence why I'm taking so long

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • To add to the discussion about CSS, I'm not exactly experienced with it either, but I just took several examples from the template thread as well as quoted some posts I liked the CSS of in other RPs and fiddled with them a lot.
    I think I made the CSS for the main story posts myself though, but as a result you can see they're pretty boring . But I actually kind of like it that way. It's like a piece of paper with your next objective written on it.

Anyway, great effort so far guys! I'm loving the interaction and some of the battles were amazing. Keep up the good work, and please tell me if anyone's interested in battling Ritz still - otherwise I'll move us on to the next route soonish?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm personally proud of Arthur's first official Pokemon battle. I think it'll be a great place to go off of, and it helped establish the real heavy-hitter of his party. Hope no one minds my world-building in the form of the Pokedex waivers! I'll be doing more of it later on; I really like fleshing out the Pokemon universe, since I feel the source material doesn't really touch on the world these Trainers have to struggle through. Oh and "Mr. Cowlick" and his beat-up Growlithe will certainly later on, maybe even to help Art this time.

Arthur wants to battle the gym leader ASAP. I'm thinking the next IC day would be a good time for him to challenge her. The rest of this day, he'll be training Brutus.

Does anyone want to do something like a joint-post/brief exchange by the entrance to the Indigo League first? I'm thinking we could go off of the "inspiration by the sight of it" idea, at least that was what I intended to do. Include some character development and through reflection on the building and actual interaction with a fellow Trainer. Wouldn't want to keep Arthur isolated from his peers from too long anyway and it would make my third post more interesting if someone else came along for the ride.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    somethingsethingsomething

I'm currently working on a post about the blue Ponyta in the Pokémon Center, but I'm not confident in being able to beat the Gym Leader without relying on plot armor, so I think I'll be headed over towards Victory Road to train Princess, so I might be down; also how would you like to do a battle joint post?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm currently working on a post about the blue Ponyta in the Pokémon Center, but I'm not confident in being able to beat the Gym Leader without relying on plot armor, so I think I'll be headed over towards Victory Road to train Princess, so I might be down; also how would you like to do a battle joint post?
    That's cool! How long do you think that post'll take you?

I'm not confident I'd like to do a battle JP, actually. I'd really just want to focus on development.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Welp, I meant to post yesterday, but I had a really long day at work and passed out mid-post. I'll try today, but Fridays are always iffy.

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
    Years
  • No probs, take your time. And I already love how different Tanya and Oakley are from each other, like how Tanya comes from a rich background and is picky with food whereas Oakley grew up on a farm and will eat herself sick on anything she gets her hands on (as long as it isn't a vegetable) XD enjoying this to so far.

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • 'Ping!' went the sound that indicated Rob's first Pokémon capture.

Just for future reference, as is stated in the mechanics it is required for you to leave your post in suspense regarding whether or not your capture succeeded. This is to avoid players catching a team full of powerful Pokémon without much effort at all. I'll let it slide this time, but please take care the next?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Just for future reference, as is stated in the mechanics it is required for you to leave your post in suspense regarding whether or not your capture succeeded. This is to avoid players catching a team full of powerful Pokémon without much effort at all. I'll let it slide this time, but please take care the next?

Oh dang!

My bad, I completely forgot about that! I'm very sorry Sayoko, it won't happen again.

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • Oh dang!

My bad, I completely forgot about that! I'm very sorry Sayoko, it won't happen again.

Don't sweat it too much, I just had to point it out. If you want, you can give me your Pidove's details so I can add it to the OP!

Back