• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey OOC (T)

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    @Disclosed, if you're interested we could do a future JP when new missions arrive? Perhaps we don't even need missions to make an exciting post, but it's just my way of helping out with the case of meeting other characters.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    @Disclosed, if you're interested we could do a future JP when new missions arrive? Perhaps we don't even need missions to make an exciting post, but it's just my way of helping out with the case of meeting other characters.
    That's a kind offer, thank you.
    I didn't consider your message in Hearts Reborn to be clutter at all - I just meant that since I wanted to talk about Rainbows rather than Hearts Reborn, I relocated the discussion to this thread.
    Yeah, yeah, alright.

I'll clarify that it isn't all my character's dis-involvement that enforces the disconnection I'm feeling. Its the different interpretations of a vaguely-established world. It'd also argue that interacting for the sake of interacting improves very little. I won't suddenly feel totally engaged if Arthur is just talking to someone else, similar to this ongoing conversation between three characters in the IC. There needs to be shared incentive, not just my character's own goals, that everyone can relate to, and thus that feeling of connectivity is upheld, regardless if we all take a separate path, for we're all working towards the same result.

That common goal is something the game master has to enforce. Or not enforce. I can't hold you to anything. I can't pretend I'd like to sit and discuss a RP I've lost interest in anyway. You've made it clear, whether intentionally or otherwise, that this isn't the roleplay for me, so I'll simply withdraw Arthur right here. Hopefully my criticisms could help improve Rainbows for the other players but I'd be just as fine with you ignoring them since, again, a lot of them are subjective. Though I thank you for inviting me to express myself.​

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • @ Disclosed

I'm really sorry to hear you feel that way, and I'd hoped to create an environment in which you too would find it comfortable to post, but I suppose that hope was dashed now. I'm sorry if I ended up sounding too defensive or unhelpful and scared you away that way, too. But after some thinking I do believe it's perfectly fine to have different goals to go on a journey - it's the reason I wanted to have players develop their characters' background leading into a goal for their journey in their sign-ups. And there will be events in the future where all players will have to band together regardless of their reasons for travelling, so I think we're still on the right track. Regardless it's too bad this RP wasn't for you, but I respect that decision of course.

Someone there?

Yes, can I help you?

Utopian

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Anyone willing to do the Dunsparce mission with me?

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • Can we say a whole day has passed? I ask because there's something I want to do that kinda relies on it being tomorrow.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
    Years
  • i'd like to claim mission number 2 please~ that way i can catch a panpour as well as help out! :)

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • Sorry, I realise now the number of missions is rather limited. I'll be adding two more - and if you have an idea for a mission of your own, don't hesitate to post it here for my review either!

EDIT: Sorry, it took me a bit to come up with anything... I hope you're okay with what's listed now. Please claim your missions here, and you can also ask around to do them together!

Last edited:

Utopian

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    "Huh?" Oakley looked up -her mouth stuffed with noodles- as she noticed Tanya and Rose returning. She gave them both a friendly wave and nodded at what Ellie was saying. She wondered what the girls were talking about, though she figured that it'd be better for her to stay quiet rather than try and nose into their businsss.
    I'm sorry but I have to point this out, my character didn't return with Rose. Could you edit that part? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    I'll be claiming mission 4, please.

I'll make my darned best to get this post up today! >:(

Utopian

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    I'll take the one involving Dunsparce, then.
    Ah damn it I should have mentioned this earlier but I have a partner already, currently working on a JP. That is if you wanted to do it with me cause I suppose you can work it solo too? Gamemaster a little help? :)

Back