• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Catches Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaibitsu

FFTA Blue Mage
    Years
    On my Leaf Green I entered the battle against mewtwo with my articuno to try and freeze it, it died so then I sent out my Sandslash, I weakened it down to red health and it then used recover several times until it reached full health , annoyed I wanted to switch my pokemon with it being hit as soon as I sent it out so I went to waste a Poke' Ball on it so it would kill my sandslash but it actually caught it, I was suprised because it was at full health with no status ailments.

The Eevee Evolutionary

*Legend of Eevee*
    Years
    New rare find-ok so it's more of a catch than a find, but I caught the 3 legendary birdies from Fire Red with Poke Balls... and they weren't asleep, poisoned, etc... no special conditions. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the Poke Ball on this game works like an Ultra/Master Ball lol

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    dqle said:
    Those aren't my proudest moments. Mine was catching a shiny Whismur in Emerald. I was quite gleeful when I officially caught my first shiny. (and yes, in a Pok?ball!)

This exact same thing happened to me! Shiny Whismur, met at Rt. 116, caught with a Pok? Ball. (only thing I had ^^;) I've also caught a Shiny Natu in Sapphire's Safari Zone, and had the utmost luck of running into Latias about 5 minutes later, while I wasn't even looking out for it! =D

Bashaamo

Gimme some Tempura Udon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    The Eevee Evolutionary said:
    This isn't supposed to be your *proudest* catch. It could be, but what I'm looking for is the "rarity" of the Pokemon catch. For all I know, it could be a Shiny Latias, or even a plain 'ol shiny Zigzagoon. Heck, it doesn't HAVE to be shiny; I'd just like you to post your rarest catch-that's it.

Mine=Entei with a Pokeball, and Rayquaza with a Great Ball. The only other "rare" catch would be Chimecho and Feebas, but Feebas doesn't count once you find it, and Chimecho... I have not seen one since my first copy of Sapphire *I'm on my 5th or 6th btw, and I own two copies now lol*
    Well. Shiny Swablu, Lv18, met at Route... I dunno, but near Rustboro. And I caught Articuno in LG after 15 times of restarting the game and using Ultra Balls, and catching it with a Great Ball. O_O;

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I guess it counts if you're trying to catch Groudon for your friend and do it with a Poke Ball.

PokeWiFi

Owner of PokeWiFi
    Years
    MewDon said:
    Shiney Ledian.
    Latias (regular)
    and a Feebas would have to be my rarest catches.

One time I cought a Snorlax lvl 50 with a ultra ball and it had full life. I was just messing around when I threw a ultra ball real quick and I cought it!

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    It took me 50 Ultra Balls to catch Mewtwo-san.I eventually caught it with an Ultra Ball.Wow,what a waste of PokeCash. O.o
    If not counting legendaries,I caught a rare Snorunt(well,I think they are rare..)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    I don't really know if this counts as me catching it, but...

I was trying to get Rayquaza from Ruby. I had tried for at least a week, off and on. My little cousin Kris picks up the GBA and gets the darn thing in 5 minutes! I don't get it!

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    rayquaza with a pokeball, just now ^_^
    i had 87 ultraballs, and not one left, i threw my only other ball, a pokeball and it catches! oh my god! what a waste of ultra balls:(

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
    Years
    I was just wandering which pokemon i could catch with all the rods on the right side of cinnabar island, next to the lab, and I used old rod - Krabby level 5- I don,t need it !!! next good rod- Krabby level 10- what,s going on I thought I like krabs but isn,t there something much more exiting? O.K. next - Super Rod- Krabby level 15 - GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Stood like frozen for 12 min exactly !!!! That is the first time I understood what a shiny was !!! and then,after louering its health I cought it with a pokeball and it had only 1 HP lefh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    after that I believed that if i encounter the same pokemon 3 times and it,s level increased with 5 the last must be different colour :) but after 3 hours trying to repeat it i went in the internet and I got info :)
    another is my latias with a great ball from the firs time with full health when I was searching for the key to the regies :)

The Angel of Darkness

The Dark Messenger
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I caught a shiny Whismur, I'd call that rare ( I now have a pink Exploud)
    I caught both Kyogre and Groudon first time thankfully!

Raiyna

I'm coming back! ♥
    Years
    hmm... i caught a shiny Trapinch when i had like...lv50 and over pkmn!!!>< i still caught it with one pokeball...o.O i guess i scared it eit my swampert... i always think that works!^^' but now, it is my beautiful blue flygon!^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back