• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Catches Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiander

Ninjask Ninja
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    My rarest catch would have to be Absol....
    I feel lame now.....

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    XD absol XD XD

anyway i just caught a shiny celebi in sapphire using a glitch i was told on level 58

Matty_Boi

Stop the spam ppl!!!
    Years
    i haven't had many rare cathes, the best i have done i'd say is cathcing a legendary like mewtwo with ultra ball. it doesnt sound like much, but its hard ppl!!!!

The Eevee Evolutionary

*Legend of Eevee*
    Years
    Matty_Boi said:
    i haven't had many rare cathes, the best i have done i'd say is cathcing a legendary like mewtwo with ultra ball. it doesnt sound like much, but its hard ppl!!!!

Truth. I just recently had a rather nice catch-Zapdos with an ordinary Poke Ball! Yes, I used the legit method of throwing multiple balls at it. It took 87, yes that's right, EIGHTY-SEVEN Pokeballs, but I caught it finally. The mission-to catch all 3 legendary birds from Fire Red using ONLY Poke Balls. Mewtwo would be ANOTHER story all together.

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
    Years
    My shiny Kingdra and Mightyena.
    I caught Suicune with a pokeball in FR if anyone cares....

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    way back when i had red on my gameboy, i took mewtwo's health right down, they an ordinary pokeball (just to see what would happen), and i caught it, with a single pokeball. i havent been able to do it since though

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    mine would have be the shiny Nidoran on FR and then the ShinyMiltank on Emerald. I thought Nidoran was gonna run away but i caught it! Miltank didn't take any effort at all. Now Nidoran is a level 51 Nidoking!YAY me

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    my rarest catch was shiny mew... I kept using pokeballs (half asleep) and thinking he was breaking out of master. well I finally caught it and my battery ran out *sigh*

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    i caught a shiny harihama in victory road and a shiny tentacool (the rubies on its head are green. my friend caught a mewtwo with an ultra ball in LG and has a gold rattata in silver

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    If this doesn't have to be R/S/E - then I just caught Mewtwo on FR with full health and a Ultra Ball.
    That was cool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    I'm really good at getting legendaries down to almost 1 HP and catching them with Pokeballs or Great Balls. In Leaf Green (when I knew where it was) I had caught Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno with a Pokeball. I caught Mewtwo with a great, and got Entei, Raikou, and Suicune in Pokeballs also. (I used the training method, and yes, I really did restart the game three times just to get all the legendary dogs from Johto.)

In Sapphire, I managed to get a shiny Rayquaza in a Pokeball, which was my rarest catch ever. Groudon and Kyogre where in Great Balls (I played my friend's Ruby to get Groudon, same with Latios). Lati@s was captured in Pokeballs.

xD I fel speshil.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Well..here're my rarest catches so far..:

An articuno with a pokeball..,a zapdos with a pokebal either..a moltress with a great ball[i would have used pokeball but it was down to almost no health so i was afraid it could die although i knew it wouldn't lol...], a mewtwo with an ultra ball[no matter what you guys say..its the hardest of my catches...]and a rayquaza with a great ball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2005
    My Rarest Catch

My rarest catch would have to be at the beginning of Emerald, I just started playing today, and I chose mudkip as my starter Pokemon, and it turned out to be a female one! :D I cant wait to breed her! I wil have tons of mudkips, and hopefuly a shiny one!

The Eevee Evolutionary

*Legend of Eevee*
    Years
    Rarest catch updates: Zapdos-87 Pokeballs, Articuno-85, and Moltres-67. My rarest catch still to date is my Latias. No it isn't shiny, but it's Modest natured. If anyone really cares about natures, you know why I'm happy...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back