• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You! (2.0)

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    7/10
    Personally escape the city is my favorite sonic song, but it definitely has good pacing to it.
    Here's a classic, just wait til it gets into it. If you ever played this astounding game as a kid, you'll remember this.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    8/10

That brings back fond memories of Chrono Trigger. Loved that game, makes me want to go back and play it.

This isn't exactly the original song, but I found someone who made an intense remix of the Gym Battle music in Pokemon. Felt like sharing it.

Spoiler:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    9/10.

I love the original gym battle theme, and this was a nice remix of it. I do enjoy how the song is much faster than the original, it makes for a more heart-pounding song because of it. I just feel that something is still missing though.

Atelier Escha & Logy - Fulcrum

Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ohh, I like the style of that! It reminds me of a Mana Khemia track - a battle theem! But nonetheless, this is great! 9/10

Bare It's Fangs - Tales of Destiny

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_NmJcUmys[/ame]

Arc

Years
    8/10.

I like Bare It's Fangs, but I prefer Progresses Toward the End.

Knights in the Nightmare (PSP) - Clash with the Dark King Zolgonark

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    10/10!

Seriously though, that song is really catchy. Epic, fast-paced, makes me actually want to look into this game now considering I have a PSP and never really use it. It's very Final Fantasy-esque in my opinion.

How about a classic, eh?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Heh, I sorta kinda remember that. Also reminds me how much I sucked at driving Warthogs. I think it got to the point where I had crashed my Warthog or something and had to hop in the back of my friend's Warthog and have him drive us both outta there. I'm still not very good at driving those things, but at least I drive the Scorpion tank pretty well...I think. Maybe I'll do the tank mission in Reach tomorrow and see if I still got it.

8/10

What to have you listen to next...how 'bout this:
    Soul Nomad and the World Eaters: Speed Queen

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    A very upbeat and energetic piece. And sounds wonderful. Not something I actually thought it would. Parts with the flute playing would be my fave. A really nice soundtrack.

here's one of my fave boss battle theme of all time. Combination of fast, energetic music and calm, soothing voices in the bg make it great in my eyes. Listen till 3:40ish. Then it repeats.

Arc

Years
    9/10.

I actually really like this theme. The first time I heard this while playing DMC3, I actually thought it would pick up to something really fast and hyped up. But it always had a calm yet energetic feeling, traits that really fits with Vergil.

Final Promise Story - Faster than the Wind

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    8/10
    It actually sounds like something I'd find in a pokemon game to a degree lol. Didn't think it would have eerie/mysterious sounding section and would be the same medium-fast paced tune for all of its run but I was wrong and pleasantly surprised haha. I liked it.

I don't like DMC4 as much as DMC3 but this theme is one of my faves i the series.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I liked it at first, but after a couple of more listens, and after comparisons with what I'm assuming it's trying to imitate (Mario Galaxy), it's really generic. It just doesn't take any risks and feels overall safe and familiar.

You're probably sick of DK but seriously it's all I'm listening to right now so bear with me. It's a good thing the OST is so diverse and varied, right?
    I think this one would be stronger if you know what the level looks like. Context is key

Last edited:

Arc

Years
    9/10.

The heroic suspense! The song starts up slow, but quickly builds up for a very encouraging song, that gives hope.

Warriors Orochi 3 - Optic Zone

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Y'all know I'm a sucker for battles themes. It sounds kinda like something else I've heard, I think. Probably just imagining things again. 8.5/10

Bravely Default: Love's Vagrant

Back