• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
That is ridiculous...You look more like a fool for spending hundreds or ever more to try to ¨spite fans¨ The salt and bitterness of some people over a piece of plastic

Years
Welcome, Penelope! I've added you to the list (Also Yoshi's sprite, because you're the first to claim him! Nice)

I don't get the jerks that buy up extra Amiibos to sell them in the first place, but that is seriously an extreme...That's pretty much cutting off your nose to spite your face, because I'm sure when you do get to sell them, people are gonna eventually know it's you and not buy

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Ah yes i heard of this. for those of you who don't want to read this, i will sum up. A man pre-Orders 100 rosalina amibos, and doesn't do a thing with them. His reasoning is, according to what he told the local news, was because he hated rosalina and doesn't want anyone who is a fan of her to have any joy of buying and training her amibo. rumor has it that he is planning to sell them at ridiculously high prices on ebay or kijiji or somthing of that nature, and he is planing to do the same thing with characters like Palutena and Zero Suit Samus

(sorry for my wall of text >.<)
A few days later, the same guy later admitted that it was all an act. We had a discussion about it at the Smash Bros. thread, and a few of the users aren't buying it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So Smash Bros. 64, for Wii U, and Melee are going to be at the Apex 2015 tournament, and rumor has it that Nintendo is going to reveal something there. Some are speculating that it's the Mewtwo DLC in action.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just...don't understand why people like that guy would buy a shitload of amiibos so that way people won't buy them? These haters seriously need to invest their money on something more useful...like a car, or a new gaming console. Give us fans a break, yes?

Also, I completely forgot about the Mewtwo DLC that's coming in Spring. That is more likely they will reveal that, but will they reveal other DLC's though? That is the question.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Even after telling us he's faking it, he's still planning to buy hundreds of amiibos for scapling purposes. >_>

Now I really need to pre-order Ness, Robin, and Lucina quick.

Also, I completely forgot about the Mewtwo DLC that's coming in Spring. That is more likely they will reveal that, but will they reveal other DLC's though? That is the question.
They're using Mewtwo to test the waters on DLC. If it becomes a financial success, then we're bound to get more in the future. We just have to make sure Mewtwo is selling well.

Years
Even after telling us he's faking it, he's still planning to buy hundreds of amiibos for scapling purposes. >_>

Now I really need to pre-order Ness, Robin, and Lucina quick.
Man, I never even gave a hoot when the guy said he was "faking it." All the things he's said and done still were ugly behaviors. Pfft... what the heck does he have against Ness? (I hope it's not cuz he thinks Ness is "hentai" or whatever the heck. Ness is a child character...)

Whatever you do, don't buy these amiibo at inflated prices from these fools. Keep your eyes peeled for pre-order openings...

Is the amiibo market in Japan iffy, too? This tweet by Masahiro Sakurai says that he was unable to get a Shiek, Meta Knight, Lucario, and Rosalina amiibo because they were sold out. Note the crass comment by mariotehplumber..

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
(I hope it's not cuz he thinks Ness is "hentai" or whatever the heck. Ness is a child character...)
....there is probably Ness hentai out there somewhere too. Even children characters are not off-limits from hentai artists

Is the amiibo market in Japan iffy, too? This tweet by Masahiro Sakurai says that he was unable to get a Shiek, Meta Knight, Lucario, and Rosalina amiibo because they were sold out.
Wouldn't that mean that the market is good? If they've sold out that means that they're really popular, right? Little funny though how the series creator is unable to get amiibos.

Years
....there is probably Ness hentai out there somewhere too. Even children characters are not off-limits from hentai artists
Why... ;_; But it was like you originally said in the Smash Discussion thread... Every character in existence has such content created of them... so why doesn't mariotehplumber buy 100 of every amiibo? and then plummet into debt
Eh well... maybe if Ness sells well that might come back in the form of more Earthbound merch in NA and EU and Oceania? I doubt it, but... One way to look at things, I guess.

Wouldn't that mean that the market is good? If they've sold out that means that they're really popular, right? Little funny though how the series creator is unable to get amiibos.
Ah, that is true, from a purely economical perspective. I'm just thinking of consumers and whether or not supply is meeting demand.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, that is true, from a purely economical perspective. I'm just thinking of consumers and whether or not supply is meeting demand.
Oh yeah, supply and demand. Yeah, it could be that there's a supply issue since they're sold out but there seems to be a high demand.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Can I join? :)

Username: Mawa
Character Select: Shulk (urrg... hard to decide!)
What was your first Smash game?: Melee (I played a bit of N64 but melee is the first game I really got into and played the most)

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
Username: Hibikaze
Character Select: Pit
What was your first Smash game?: Brawl

I would love to join! ^^

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Ooooh, can I join? Pretty please? =D

Username: Revise Librarian
Character Select: Link
What was your first Smash game?: Smash 64

Regarding Amiibos, I never really kept an eye on them until WaveShine caught my attention. O_O
Does anyone know if it's possible to get an Amiibo to level 50 without altering its stats? I seem to be getting completely different answers from the sources I've checked.

Years
Regarding Amiibos, I never really kept an eye on them until WaveShine caught my attention. O_O
Does anyone know if it's possible to get an Amiibo to level 50 without altering its stats? I seem to be getting completely different answers from the sources I've checked.
Of course ya can! Feeding an amiibo those stat boosters is entirely optional. You only need keep training an amiibo in battles for it to reach level 50.

Uhmm... Does anyone wanna go a few rounds sometime? I've been a member of this club and forum in general for roughly a month now and still haven't found the chance to brawl with anyone yet. I own both the 3DS and Wii U game.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Of course ya can! Feeding an amiibo those stat boosters is entirely optional. You only need keep training an amiibo in battles for it to reach level 50.

Uhmm... Does anyone wanna go a few rounds sometime? I've been a member of this club and forum in general for roughly a month now and still haven't found the chance to brawl with anyone yet. I own both the 3DS and Wii U game.

Whew, that's good. I can't really practice the matchups against them if they're gonna have skewed stats, haha. (Though I doubt I'll be getting one any time soon, unfortunately.)

I think I might be free sometime on Sunday... but that's a pretty long wait, isn't it? ~_~

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I'm up for battles on the 3DS version if people want to sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back