• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
Years
  • Jason said:
    read my sig
    i want all these pesky reps gone
    whos agree with me?
    Sorry mate, I don't think about it that way..
    And why using that language in ur sig?? :\ I respect ur oppinion but u can use different words to bring it mate ;) I think rep points should stay the way it is..

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, I guess whoever is against rep may as well disable it.... in fact, I really miss the comments!!!! and I miss rep! I might as well disable it now that this rep seems sorted =/
    *goes to re enable rep* YAY! XD

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    OK this thread has gotten pretty long peeps,Why not decide o what to do?
    Make a poll or some votings or i dunno but make it vote the best solution or soemthing duh.
    But checkout this :

my friend told me 2 give u bad rep, no offense i think ur kewl but my m8 dont

Now where did that come from? Somebody gives bad rep just because others ask for it? Nah,that sux.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, in fact Having a definitive decision would be nice now... *summons admin* XD
    Can any admin make an ultimate decision and lock this thread? maybe with another announcement and stuff... It would be the best thing i think...

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    *Becomes mod till he finishes posting this post.*
    OK, your new mod( XD ) says this thread now needs to be closed. This is getting nowhere, so I guess it's enough talk.
    And Get-Low, even I got bad rep, but at least you got a comment. I didn't even get that, and I got bad repped for a post in Fun time in pokeland. So I guess its really no use telling u got bad repped coz many ppl have been victims of rep abuse...:(
    *Becomes de-modded again* XD

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    That's why I say NO to rep! It's gotta go, and we need to do somthing about it!

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Oh, so spammers are gonna learn. people will not stop that, and there will always be the people who just will have a rep "circle" to get TONS of rep. The best way to solve is get rid of rep.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    poketrainer2004 said:
    no it is not the solution, mods and admins should be able to see who gave rep and punish those in rep circles, and there could be a report system for pointless rep.

Ermmm...... there would be too much work for them, do you know how many people would get punished? and the eport system for pointless rep is stupid, because it would be a flood of reports and nobody would be able to handle it. =/

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • DarkLink said:
    Ermmm...... there would be too much work for them, do you know how many people would get punished? and the eport system for pointless rep is stupid, because it would be a flood of reports and nobody would be able to handle it. =/
    to cure that all the have to do is create another group of members that can punish if inapproprate/pointless bad rep is given they would be the rep mods.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Just leave the rep system as it is.. And if someone gives many bad rep without a reason a mod will disable his rep.. When ppl want to abuse the system let them do it.. If they think it's necesery :\ Everyone here thinks his own way about this rep system.. I don't think this is getting anywhere since the system isn't going to change..

So why still argue? If abusers want to abuse, let them do it and maybe they'll get punished or maybe not.. I don't see the point of abusing cuz rep points don't say much about urself or this forum.. Just have fun and just let the system be as it is :D That's what I think ^^

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Rep mods won't work, because S-Mods and above can already do that! yet it is still happening! People have gone to far! Rep has gotta go, and we need to do somthing about it! most here are against rep anyway.

:StarScreaM:

One Love
    Years
  • i recently got some bad rep from the picture thread saying...

? said:
    scratching is for little black kids, stop posing as a DJ

im not bothered though and no i think the rep system should stay

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    :StarScreaM: said:
    i recently got some bad rep from the picture thread saying...

im not bothered though and no i think the rep system should stay

You see? Some think it should stay! The mods have to make some offical poll so we can vote! (I'm still saying rep should go)

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • lol, I'm not even going to bother reading the entire thread, too much idiocy in there I will be finding, I would think.

Anyways, let's put it this way:

For those anti-rep like me, just disable it in your options. You might not get any good rep, but it follows your beliefs and work out just fine.

And then there's the whiners about every bad rep they get but adamantly want the rep to stay. Shut up. You can't have good without the bad. You want the rep system? Deal with the negative consequences of it. The fact is, it's too extensive to be moderated 24/7. And frankly, who really gives a flying fish about what your rep is? If you do, you're probably a person who judges on looks, not substance. You phail at life. If you don't give a fish about rep, then problem solved.

Rep's just there to make you look pretty. Pretty useless, pretty stupid, pretty beautiful, pretty cool is all up to you. The pretty is there from the rep. the adjective isn't, so stop whining about having bad rep.

I would like to see someone whine about someone giving them random good rep for no good reason though.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • yepp.... I have received bad rep sometimes, once even from someone that was only trying the rep system o.o' However I don't give a *biiiip* because I don't really care on how many green boxes i have, and i haven't been affected much either...

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • NiNGi said:
    yepp.... I have received bad rep sometimes, once even from someone that was only trying the rep system o.o' However I don't give a *biiiip* because I don't really care on how many green boxes i have, and i haven't been affected much either...
    NIngi You've gotta a million posts in this thread!
    Anyway Bad rep can be stupid.For example i saw a member spamming in a thread.So I posted dont spam and Gave a bad rep.Big Mistake..Cause That person found out that it was me and gave me 2 bad reps.And Told me he wouldnt stop giving me until i compensated!I never complained this cause it was childish!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back