• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolors & Fusions Thread

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Some of the edits I've seen in here are awesome!
Good work everyone~

Editing sprites, recoloring, is so much loff.
My Icon, siggy, and this
picture.php

. . . are all I've done with pokemon related images so far.
It's difficult working with such smaaaaall pixels.

But I've also worked on edits before using other videogame images.
(Kind of Off Topic, sorry)

Spoiler:

While I may not be as good or creative at
manipulating images as some people are, I really enjoy doing it.
And seeing other peoples modifications, similarly, brings me joy.
I like your Lapras/Corsola hybrid, simplistic but well executed, very well done you may want to not make the outline so heavy though, if you are having trouble with the pixels in paint or whatever use Paint.NET it can zoom in to a point where a single pixel is huge. Overall though good job.

Made this one about the same time Maleficent posted their stuff so I went back and did some editing anyway this is sorta like a Type re-done, its Numel with Water instead of Fire.
ELFVBrW.png

Also this Mega-Evolution of sorts, it's a fusion of the four Deoxys forms, so Fusion/Mega-Evolution/5th Form I don't care what it is called.
PTO7l0q.png

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I like your Lapras/Corsola hybrid, simplistic but well executed, very well done you may want to not make the outline so heavy though, if you are having trouble with the pixels in paint or whatever use Paint.NET it can zoom in to a point where a single pixel is huge. Overall though good job.

Made this one about the same time Maleficent posted their stuff so I went back and did some editing anyway this is sorta like a Type re-done, its Numel with Water instead of Fire.
ELFVBrW.png

Also this Mega-Evolution of sorts, it's a fusion of the four Deoxys forms, so Fusion/Mega-Evolution/5th Form I don't care what it is called.
PTO7l0q.png

I like the deoxys but it looks kinda cluttered.
the numle is pretty cool i like the concept.

And i have 5 fusions(2 of which are the same but with different ears) that me and a friend just finished working on.
PIEQUAZA!!!!
kG6sHYG.png

Salacoal + and Glalamanix
3IhUsOq.png
kBjLmDP.png

Last edited:

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I like the deoxys but it looks kinda cluttered.
the numle is pretty cool i like the concept.

And i have 5 fusions(2 of which are the same but with different ears) that me and a friend just finished working on.
PIEQUAZA!!!!
kG6sHYG.png

Salacoal + and Glalamanix
3IhUsOq.png
kBjLmDP.png

Alright, so your first one the Pichu with Rayquaza Head, doesn't look too bad though you may want to fix the location of the head since it looks like it is coming from one of the ears, also I'm not sure what's up with the Beedrill drills, they are very out of place and obvious add-ons, they don't really fuse with the rest of the creatre but yeah this one is pretty good.

Your second one I really don't like, there has been very little chanced to it aside from the various Crobat Wings, Hair, Inserted Beedrill Drills and Pichu Ears it really looks like you are just trying to make Raquaza something it isn't.

Your third I like, though still not very different from Rayquaza, it at least looks like it is going somewhere. If you were to further Edit this one so it looks less like Rayquaza but following that hair theme I think you could get some really good things from it. Also I suggest fixing those bottom front wings the Blue doesn't work.

Honestly I'm gonna essentially say this right now, My Deoxys Fusion is as clustered as this one. I like it, I really do, you've used an excellent combination of pokemon here and the colouration is brilliant. My recommendations are to adjust the wings so they are coming out of the holes in the shell, replace the ears, honestly Baby Pokemon Ears never work on Power Pokemon.The steam is probably the best part about this though because it is so well co-ordinated with the mouth and shell. Overall an excellent piece of work which can go further.

This last one, I'm saddened by it, this did not have nearly as much effort put into it as anything else I've seen from you. You can't just size up Pokemon Parts to make them fit together, you have to edit them to work. The Salamence Wings, Onix Body and Haunter Hands all suffer from this, you need to re-edit the entire sprite if you want this to work. The only saving grace in this sprite is its head, which you have done some reasonable fusing of parts but like the Rayquaza Sprites it suffers from looking too much like Glalie, this is not a good Fusion at all, I'm sorry to say. One last thing, If you want the Onix body to move in different directions such as horizontally so it looks as though it is flying or vertically down as though it is looming, I suggest taking multiple Onix sprites and fusing the rocks together for this effect. I did the same on my Blue Smoke creature around the side rocks.

Overall I suggest editing the 3rd and 5th sprite, the fourth is almost perfect but just avoid the first and 2nd they won't get you anywhere.

Anyways, got one hell of a cluster here, so prepare yourself for a fusion of 16 Pokemon all Grass-Types, this creature takes sprite from many evolutionary families made up of Grass-Types, I'll list them below the sprite.
m9NpuEw.png

Pokemon Involved: Ivysuar, Venusaur, Oddish, Bayleef, Bellossom, Grovyle, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Cacnea, Tropius, Wormadam (Grass), Carnivine, Servine, Sewaddle, Lilligant & Deerling.

Defective

defectiveShrink
Years
I can finally post something here.

hoennconfirmed_zps576d3074.png

I made those last night because I thought I would be able to post right away when it came to images.

Here we have Blaziken colored Swampert, Deoxys with Regice and Registeel colors; and Milotic with Camerupt, Metagross, and Aggron colors.

I don't seem to sprite all that much anymore but this is the last thing I made. I've dubbed it Poyorge2.

porygon2kyogre_zpsfbee5f39.png

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I can finally post something here.

hoennconfirmed_zps576d3074.png

I made those last night because I thought I would be able to post right away when it came to images.

Here we have Blaziken colored Swampert, Deoxys with Regice and Registeel colors; and Milotic with Camerupt, Metagross, and Aggron colors.

I don't seem to sprite all that much anymore but this is the last thing I made. I've dubbed it Poyorge2.

porygon2kyogre_zpsfbee5f39.png

What was preventing you from posting before? Anyways I really like the first two re-colours you've done, Blaziken looks brilliant on Swampert and the Icy-Blue and Gray on Deoxys' Defence Form is very appropriate, you should do one for the Attack Form as well. Your Milotic I have mixed emotions for, I like the Grey and the Blue they work well together but I'm not getting much from the Red, maybe if you changed the colour to a more dull red or made it multi-coloured since it is meant to be the graceful pokemon or whatever, nah but it's still pretty good. Overall I really like these re-colours you obviously knew what you were doing at the time.

Your fusion is an interesting one although I wouldn't call it Poyorge2 because it still retains large portions of Porygon2 so you might want to title it something like Water-Type Porygon2 or Sapphire Porygon2. A true blend between Kyogre and Porygon2 would be nearly impossible so it would be better to stick with focusing on one or the other. Anyway onto the sprite itself, I really like it I mean the reason I would call it Water-Type Porygon2 is because it looks more like a Water-Type than a Normal-Type now, the colouration was well executed and I like how you were able to hold onto the Red-Trim from Kyogre, I think that some depth could have been put into the eyes so it looks like they are pits rather than just blackened eyes, but overall this is an excellent fusion of the two.

Anyway onto some stuff I've done recently, so Defective inspired me to take a shot at re-colouring, not fusion just re-colouring. So I went through the first 5 gens and decided that for the most part there was no point to re-colouring my favorite Pokemon since part of the reason I love them so much is their colourations in both normal and shiny, so instead I took the 6 starters from Gen I and II and gave them new colourations, not from each other or other pokemon just new colours. I've also put them up against their regular forms (Bottom) and Shiny Forms (Top-Right) for comparison. Please post telling me which of the three forms for each starter you like best.
RuRtm2M.png

Also I've seen this happen for a while now, every now and again when I go to look at Fusions made by other people there seems to be this thing with the Diglett hole and other Pokemon. So essentially it is where the Diglett is replaced by another pokemon who is placed in the hole, so I took a fusion which I was use instead of my Neon-Dark snake from a while back and put it there since its tail was my main proble, so here that is.
mzUNZlA.png

Defective

defectiveShrink
Years
What was preventing you from posting before?

I simply didn't post 15 times when I first spotted this thread.

Anyways I really like the first two re-colours you've done, Blaziken looks brilliant on Swampert and the Icy-Blue and Gray on Deoxys' Defence Form is very appropriate, you should do one for the Attack Form as well. Your Milotic I have mixed emotions for, I like the Grey and the Blue they work well together but I'm not getting much from the Red, maybe if you changed the colour to a more dull red or made it multi-coloured since it is meant to be the graceful pokemon or whatever, nah but it's still pretty good. Overall I really like these re-colours you obviously knew what you were doing at the time.

Why thank you. The reason why Milotic is like that is because I really had no idea what to put in color-wise after that. So I just was like "Camerupt has a nice red on it" and went on from there.

Your fusion is an interesting one although I wouldn't call it Poyorge2 because it still retains large portions of Porygon2 so you might want to title it something like Water-Type Porygon2 or Sapphire Porygon2. A true blend between Kyogre and Porygon2 would be nearly impossible so it would be better to stick with focusing on one or the other. Anyway onto the sprite itself, I really like it I mean the reason I would call it Water-Type Porygon2 is because it looks more like a Water-Type than a Normal-Type now, the colouration was well executed and I like how you were able to hold onto the Red-Trim from Kyogre, I think that some depth could have been put into the eyes so it looks like they are pits rather than just blackened eyes, but overall this is an excellent fusion of the two.

I see where you're coming from when it comes to the whole name thing. I usually end up naming it a combination of both of the names since I usually don't think about that stuff at the time.

Again, thank you. c:

Anyway onto some stuff I've done recently, so Defective inspired me to take a shot at re-colouring, not fusion just re-colouring. So I went through the first 5 gens and decided that for the most part there was no point to re-colouring my favorite Pokemon since part of the reason I love them so much is their colourations in both normal and shiny, so instead I took the 6 starters from Gen I and II and gave them new colourations, not from each other or other pokemon just new colours. I've also put them up against their regular forms (Bottom) and Shiny Forms (Top-Right) for comparison. Please post telling me which of the three forms for each starter you like best.
RuRtm2M.png

Also I've seen this happen for a while now, every now and again when I go to look at Fusions made by other people there seems to be this thing with the Diglett hole and other Pokemon. So essentially it is where the Diglett is replaced by another pokemon who is placed in the hole, so I took a fusion which I was use instead of my Neon-Dark snake from a while back and put it there since its tail was my main proble, so here that is.
mzUNZlA.png

WOW I INSPIRED SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING. This is a first.

Lemme see here. My favorites would have to be the Venusaur, Meganium, and Feraligatr. Feraligatr looks like different types of chocolate all in one thing. Meganium looks surprisingly good in various shades of green (this says a lot since I'm not really all that fond of the color green). And Venusaur. Whoo. It seems to blend together pretty well in my opinion and I absolutely love it.

The Charizard looks kind of like a Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum, which is pretty cool.

The green neck flames on Typhlosion look very odd to me. I'm not really sure why. (As you can see, I am a complete expert at explaining myself.)

Blastoise just seems to have a little too much blue on it.

Also that fusion is making me giggle like an eight-year-old. It's ridiculous and I love it.

Now on to more...

oops_zpsae1d0c09.png

I used colors from Crawdaunt and Sunny Castform on the first one. Probably not one of my best, but meh.

I took colors from speedy Pokemon with the last ones. The yellow comes from Ninjask because Speed Boost man. Holy crap.

OKAY HERE IS SOME EXPLAINING. I COULD NOT DECIDE BETWEEN THE LAST TWO TO SAVE MY LIFE SO HERE ARE BOTH. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ARE DIFFERENT SHADES OF GREEN (the first one is Sceptile green and the second is Shiftry green).

This post is pretty bog and I am so sorry.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Now on to more...

oops_zpsae1d0c09.png

I used colors from Crawdaunt and Sunny Castform on the first one. Probably not one of my best, but meh.

I took colors from speedy Pokemon with the last ones. The yellow comes from Ninjask because Speed Boost man. Holy crap.

OKAY HERE IS SOME EXPLAINING. I COULD NOT DECIDE BETWEEN THE LAST TWO TO SAVE MY LIFE SO HERE ARE BOTH. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ARE DIFFERENT SHADES OF GREEN (the first one is Sceptile green and the second is Shiftry green).

This post is pretty bog and I am so sorry.

I gotta say, that these all look really good, though you may want to go for a more red shade of the orange or green shade of the yellow to make the difference between the two more distinct. As for the speed form's green itself, I'd say go with Sceptile, the Lime Green works well with the goldish-yellow.

Alright so I realized that I've been using the same general group of Pokemon for my fusions and that annoys me, I know it is hard to understand by what I mean but just look at the Pokemon I've used and you should be able to see it, so what I've done with this guy is I went onto that Random Pokemon Generator site and it gave me three random Pokemon, any at all and I fused them. For this one it was Medicham, Tranquill and Slowpoke.
Tkkgwty.png

A tough trio surprisingly, I don't like the Headpiece I've added, but I needed a way to make it obvious that I actually had Slowpoke appear, Tranquill and Medicham should be pretty easy to identify.

Years

Oh, thank you so much~
Yes. 'Certainly going to keep that in mind for next time. My apologies for the late response.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Idk if this really fits here but here are two revamps I've done recently of some R/B sprites.

Wartortle
XOEupFX.png

Ivysaur
Ye3uCe7.png

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Idk if this really fits here but here are two revamps I've done recently of some R/B sprites.

Wartortle
XOEupFX.png

Ivysaur
Ye3uCe7.png

Dude these would both look awesome, I personally like the Wartortle more because it makes it look more athletic, I mean most Wartortle sprites now have the shell really bulging our, but good job on both they look excellently done.

RpSUQH6.png

Basically probably gonna start doing this more frequently, this sprite like one I had before (Red and Dark Green Bayleef Fusion) are a bunch of Pokemon of a certain type. This one if you couldn't tell is Electric-Types. If you can guess what Pokemon I used for the head (not the mouth, eyes, collar or head fluff) then you know your pokemon really well.
niPqApb.png
Wr6R3Ts.png

These guys were just a thought, I don't know where I would have gone with this but whatever.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Dude these would both look awesome, I personally like the Wartortle more because it makes it look more athletic, I mean most Wartortle sprites now have the shell really bulging our, but good job on both they look excellently done.

RpSUQH6.png

Basically probably gonna start doing this more frequently, this sprite like one I had before (Red and Dark Green Bayleef Fusion) are a bunch of Pokemon of a certain type. This one if you couldn't tell is Electric-Types. If you can guess what Pokemon I used for the head (not the mouth, eyes, collar or head fluff) then you know your pokemon really well.
niPqApb.png
Wr6R3Ts.png

These guys were just a thought, I don't know where I would have gone with this but whatever.

Cheers man, I like Wartortle more too. :) It just looks more like it'd fit into the newer games too imo.

Loving the fusion! Tbh, I couldn't even tell it was a fusion at first. At a glance, I think I can see Mareep and Chinchou. Maybe Electrike/Manectric too? Not too sure on the rest though. :p

The gradient-Onix and Steelix look pretty nice too. :) I think I like the Steelix a bit more though, probably because I'm really digging the simplicity of it but it just really suits it too. :D

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Alright some things you may have not known Superjub from that fusion

Voltorb was the head, that is Lanturn's Eye, Ampharos' Tail Gem (Dark Blue), Eelektrik's colouration, Flaafy's fur for the Head and collar and Mareep's for the back. You were right about Elektrike for the body and Manectric for the Muzzle.

Anyway continuing my trend, next is the bug-type. A hybrid of many Bug-Types I had to go through many colour changes so I settled with this inverse Combee colouration, enjoy.
MUYtsbm.png

Continuing my trend here is a Water-Type, I don't think I'll make a second one of these, since I was in a bind on whether to go with Land-based Water types or Ocean-based water types, but I decided to go with the latter so here is the Water-Type fusion.
DwVQfRV.png

And because my internet is buggy as hell, here is a random Fire Bird, not my Fire-Type fusion I'll do that one later
5ar8lEA.png

Well I'm gonna be gone for a bit, here is the last one of the Type Fusions, Fairy-Type about 9 or so Pokemon, pretty obvious who's body was the base.
ubeMgPw.png

Last edited:
Years
Just to throw in a completely different splice and dice from several official artworks. I created a new region and it's near completion, some more detail work, but do you guys have any suggestions?

Ameria_zps7c76a016.png

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Anyway continuing my trend, next is the bug-type. A hybrid of many Bug-Types I had to go through many colour changes so I settled with this inverse Combee colouration, enjoy.
MUYtsbm.png

Continuing my trend here is a Water-Type, I don't think I'll make a second one of these, since I was in a bind on whether to go with Land-based Water types or Ocean-based water types, but I decided to go with the latter so here is the Water-Type fusion.
DwVQfRV.png
I like these two, the bug is a little messy (crowded) looking but cool. The water one looks sweet, cool concept.
Just to throw in a completely different splice and dice from several official artworks. I created a new region and it's near completion, some more detail work, but do you guys have any suggestions?

Ameria_zps7c76a016.png

Wow... I have to not seen anything like it. No really I haven't. xD Thats an awesome idea, for the most part I was confused on how you did it until I read spliced the art and saw the big city. I like it, you did good.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2014
Hey, everyone! <3 I'm loving this thread, and I have more to add to it if you guys like these! All comments/critiques are welcome~
This is what happened the first time they tried to clone Mew. There was a little Pidgeotto DNA left on Mew's fossil.
mewpidgeotto_by_dalmatianshane-d7agyzr.png

This might get a little hate, but here's a My Little Ponyta, Rainbow Dash Style
mylittleponyta_by_dalmatianshane-d748sq4.png

Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Jun 11, 2015
All of this... is awesome... this has inspired me... so many ideas for fakemon (no I will not steal sprites or art, simply inspiration) Thank you person who created this thread! THANK YOU!!

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Alright got another 7 fusions, bringing the total to 12 (Rock, Fire, Ground, Flying, Dragon and Dark to come). So here is Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic (Not proud of this one might re-do) and Steel.
uCZdZOb.png
tYstmKR.png
FkvBrRe.png
Lsk3IQR.png
ZjOgoUm.png
huuhPzQ.png
FHzAb8B.png

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
Years
Dont know if threads old but... Wow!!! I like everyone's ideas! I may post a few recolors myself (if I get better at it lol)

Back